House Price Crash Forum
tinker

We Musty Reflate The Economy Says Sugar.

News at Ten, brief interview with some Russian bloke Alan Sugar, he's a tzar apparently.

He believes we need to 'reflate' the economy. I suppose music to Gordon Brown's ears.

Economy in trouble (because... unsustainable debt). Chosen and tele-friendly expert seems to infer more credit and I guess printing money to get his property portfolio moving again.

Sugar suddenly has a bitter aftertaste.

News at Ten, brief interview with some Russian bloke Alan Sugar, he's a tzar apparently.

He believes we need to 'reflate' the economy. I suppose music to Gordon Brown's ears.

Economy in trouble (because... unsustainable debt). Chosen and tele-friendly expert seems to infer more credit and I guess printing money to get his property portfolio moving again.

"Turn those machines back on"

Loans for email phones perhaps?

The guys an @rse, he's got a complete chip on his shoulder about education and uni grads but ain't afraid to make half his money out of education.

Edited by slurms mackenzie

So yet another property developer formulating the UK's economic policy and with the PM as apprentice.

There can hardly be any seats at all for ministers at cabinet meetings with all the property developers there putting their ha'porth in.

Edited by billybong

Reflate away you turd!

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...id=ambmpfpddUy0

“There was a spike in the number of people who think rates might have to be increased from this week versus last week,†said Michael Nasto, the senior trader at U.S. Global Investors Inc., which manages about $2 billion in San Antonio. “The market might be a little afraid of inflation creeping back in because of what the government has been pumping into the economy. Yellen making those comments was one more reason for the market to go back down.â€

So yet another property developer formulating the UK's economic policy

This is exactly what I thought

These are truly terrifying times, I now think horrific damage is being done in these dying days of Browns political career

Most worrying is his failure to resign amongst all this turmoil, and surrounding himself with sycophants

We should be marching on Downing Street with flaming torches

But I'm a little busy with the Big Brother live feed right now :ph34r:

Edited by pete.hpc

This is exactly what I thought

These are truly terrifying times, I now think horrific damage is being done in these dying days of Browns political career

Most worrying is his failure to resign amongst all this turmoil, and surrounding himself with sycophants

We should be marching on Downing Street with flaming torches

But I'm a little busy with the Big Brother live feed right now :ph34r:

on the bright side if Sugars property company is highly leveraged, which it probably is, he'll probably go bust in the next 3-4 years

One thing you can guarantee with Alan Sugar.

He'll want house prices to rise. He's just starting buying property again.

Another obstacle in HPC plans. :lol:

sibley, most posters are here to talk over data, points of view, news etc. most have taken the position, the belief, that house prices are over valued - but that is neither here nor there for what i am going to say.

you are only here to try to hurt people in some way. this is my question.

why?

Sugar is just a property VI, so this is self seeking nonsense.

He long ago ceased to be able to create anything truly entrepreneurial and instead switched to property development, as its the only way apart from selling crap financial products, that anyone can enrich themselves in this country.

So, no he doesn't have the answers, he just wants the rest of us to dig into our own pockets and get him out of a hole.

2MB, hadn't read your post before coming to the same conclusion.

Tell me Alan Aspartain, what interest have you in artificially reflating the economy, or is it all about artificially inflating your commercial property empire?

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...mp;qpid=1934230

Sugar on £1bn property spree

James Rossiter, Evening Standard

19 June 2006, 9:05am

SIR ALAN SUGAR is gearing up to spend up to £1bn more on commercial property.

Skip additional links

Sir Alan Sugar PROPERTY SPREE: Sir Alan Sugar's investment company is planning to buy up to £1bn worth of commercial property

Sugar, star of hit TV show The Apprentice, is probably best known for the Amstrad consumer electronic firm he founded and still chairs but the bulk of the family's estimated £800m is now tied up in Amsprop, an Essex-to-Mayfair office investment firm run by Sugar's younger son Daniel

Edited by OnlyMe

I really try to have a sensible debate at times. Everytime I say something that I actually see with my own eyes I get shouted down by a load of morons on here who say it's not true.

I've been saying prices will rise. They did last month but I still got a load of stick.

This site is trying to hurt the decent British worker. The homeowner with a family. Anyone who needs their house as a pension plan.

I'm not the bad one here. I won't just sit back and watch you slag off decent people just because you can't be bothered to work and save.

What you see with your own eyes is a house. You can see perfectly well that it's for living in. And yet in your head you turn it into a pension plan. C0ck.

By the way, I bet I work harder than you do, and earn more than you do and have more savings.

Agreed what next Ross Kemp as Defence Secretary ?

Clarkson as Transport Sec.

Susan Boyle at Culture

Really, he's so desperate he's just scanning the TV guide for names linked to subjects vaguely similar to public offices and offering these people jobs.

Edited by ingermany