House Price Crash Forum

Global Temperatures Plummeting

HOLA441

UAH global temperature anomaly for May – down again, near zero

untitled.bmp

May 2009 Global Temperature Update +0.04 deg. C

June 4th, 2009 by Roy W. Spencer, Ph. D.

YR MON GLOBE NH SH TROPICS

2009 1 0.304 0.443 0.165 -0.036

2009 2 0.347 0.678 0.016 0.051

2009 3 0.206 0.310 0.103 -0.149

2009 4 0.090 0.124 0.056 -0.014

2009 5 0.043 0.043 0.043 -0.168

May 2009 saw another drop in the global average temperature anomaly, from +0.09 deg. C in April to +0.04 deg. C in May, originating mostly from the Northern Hemisphere and the tropics.

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2009/06/05/uah-...gain-near-zero/

Usually scientific theory adjusts itself when new facts come in. Global warming theory seems to be the exception - whatever new contrary data is discovered, the theory never changes. Too much VI to change it.

untitled.bmp

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

untitled.bmp

May 2009 saw another drop in the global average temperature anomaly, from +0.09 deg. C in April to +0.04 deg. C in May, originating mostly from the Northern Hemisphere and the tropics.

Usually scientific theory adjusts itself when new facts come in. Global warming theory seems to be the exception - whatever new contrary data is discovered, the theory never changes. Too much VI to change it.

the theory did change, it's called climate change now :lol:

HOLA443

untitled.bmp

HOLA444

untitled.bmp

HOLA445

sunspots.. or rather lack of them

sunspots give 15watts of warming per square meter normally

greenhouse gasses give 3 watts of warming.

no sunspots = global cooling .. BUT 5 TIMES MORE COOLING!!!

get yer money on it being a white xmas!!!

HOLA446
Guest redwine
sunspots.. or rather lack of them

sunspots give 15watts of warming per square meter normally

greenhouse gasses give 3 watts of warming.

no sunspots = global cooling .. BUT 5 TIMES MORE COOLING!!!

get yer money on it being a white xmas!!!

here in france the jura region we had so much snow that you were sick of it

at first we were happy so that we could go skiing but 5 months later we were glad that it melted

new years eve here we had 2 meters of frozen snow and it was minus 17

HOLA447
here in france the jura region we had so much snow that you were sick of it

at first we were happy so that we could go skiing but 5 months later we were glad that it melted

new years eve here we had 2 meters of frozen snow and it was minus 17

Aha vin rouge!

That's still Climate Change.....................

Apparently.

Note how the name descriptor changes rather like Dubya's "Justification" for illegally invading Iraq!

If the temp rises, then it is manmade excess carbon:

If the temp falls, then it is manmade excess carbon:

If it doesn't rain and we have drought, then it is manmade excess carbon:

If it does rain and we have floods, then it is manmade excess carbon:

If we have neither floods nor drought, then it is manmade excess carbon:

If we have heatwaves, then it is manmade excess carbon:

If we have extra cold spells, then it is manmade excess carbon:

Bloody convenient theory this one , what?

:lol:

HOLA448
Guest redwine
Aha vin rouge!

That's still Climate Change.....................

Apparently.

Note how the name descriptor changes rather like Dubya's "Justification" for illegally invading Iraq!

If the temp rises, then it is manmade excess carbon:

If the temp falls, then it is manmade excess carbon:

If it doesn't rain and we have drought, then it is manmade excess carbon:

If it does rain and we have floods, then it is manmade excess carbon:

If we have neither floods nor drought, then it is manmade excess carbon:

If we have heatwaves, then it is manmade excess carbon:

If we have extra cold spells, then it is manmade excess carbon:

Bloody convenient theory this one , what?

:lol:

bonsoir prescience

i agree with you but i don't know what the war in iraq has to do with global temperatures ?

in the alps they have a five year snow cycle

which means that it doesn't snow 1 year out of 5

meteo france said on there website that the winter of 2008 was an excellant year for snow

i can't disagree with what they said

HOLA449

1998 was clearly an anomaly caused by el nino

the graph proves the earth is still cooling

what has the biggest impact on our climate? no not that 4 wheeled machine you drive but that big yella thing in the sky

no sunspots = cooler conditions

where are the gore crazies to 'debunk' this data?

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
1998 was clearly an anomaly caused by el nino

Yes, that is universally accepted now, although it didn't stop the AGW nutters using it at the time to say warming had taken a sharply renwed pace. Opportunists.

where are the gore crazies to 'debunk' this data?

They can't. They'll just divert attention to sea ice (oh wait, that's above average), local weather (oops, we've just seen the coldest June maximum in England for decades in the north-east), or something like ocean acidification (despite the oceans being alkaline).

I'll not give up hope though as there's always someone to defend the indefensible.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
bonsoir prescience

i agree with you but i don't know what the war in iraq has to do with global temperatures ?

meteo france said on there website that the winter of 2008 was an excellant year for snow

I don't think there is a complete lack of snow one year in five...just less... ;)

HOLA4414
bonsoir prescience

Bonjour !

Simply that when Bush and his co-conspirators Cheney and Rumsfield were planning to invade Iraq and sequestrate their oil, he first came up with the justification of WMD: then when Dr Hans Blix and other evidence clearly proved there weren't any, the reason changed to "A moral Cause"!"

And finally, it became "To provide and promote dehmocray!"

With weather; it was first the destruction of the ozone layer causing polar ice caps to melt and etc.

Then it was "Global Warming".......................

And now it's "Climate Change"!

Interesting comments from ex Tory Cabinet Minister Peter Lilley a couple of days ago, wherein he states "Billions have been wasted on climate theory Worldwide temps are stable or falling and £400 billion has been spent on a premise which is "Slightly wrong".

(PMQs- Wednesday).

HOLA4415

untitled.bmp

What you are saying is exactly the same as Sibley or McTavish claiming that 2 months rise in asking prices means the house price crash is over. The theory doesn't change much because there is still an overwhelming amount of evidence to support it, regardless of ignorant morons who think that one cold weekend disproves the theory.

But never mind, the world is full of idiots.

In the case of climate change, ALL OF THE VESTED INTERESTS ARE IN DENYING IT, NOT SUPPORTING IT.

Tw@t.

HOLA4416
What you are saying is exactly the same as Sibley or McTavish claiming that 2 months rise in asking prices means the house price crash is over. The theory doesn't change much because there is still an overwhelming amount of evidence to support it, regardless of ignorant morons who think that one cold weekend disproves the theory.

But never mind, the world is full of idiots.

In the case of climate change, ALL OF THE VESTED INTERESTS ARE IN DENYING IT, NOT SUPPORTING IT.

Tw@t.

Woah calm down there. I haven't denied climate change - that would be like denying the weather. It always happens.

The present cooling comes despite a rapidly rising CO2 emissions level. This clearly shows natural variations dominate strongly.

My only vested interest is in the application of good science.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
Woah calm down there. I haven't denied climate change - that would be like denying the weather. It always happens.

The present cooling comes despite a rapidly rising CO2 emissions level. This clearly shows natural variations dominate strongly.

What do you mean by "natural variations dominate strongly"? If you mean that during the general rise in temperatures there will be natural variations meaning that some years the average temperature actually falls? If so, then what you are saying is not relevant to climate change. Nobody ever said that the global temperature would rise year on year in a smooth, steady fashion any more than house price bears claimed that house prices would fall steadily month on month. In both cases, it simply doesn't work like that. If you mean "natural variations are much more significant in the long term than human influences" then you are simply wrong. They don't. What humans are doing will in the medium and long term completely swamp any natural variations.

And I repeat: in the case of climate change, almost all of the vested interests are, and always have been, on the side of denial. It is in NOBODY's interest to claim human-induced climate change is real if it isn't. Nobody has anything to gain by doing so. Many, many people have something to gain by denying it.

HOLA4419

The real facts are that as the climate is so complex the'experts' are not really sure whether the added CO2 in the atmosphere will cause cooling, or warming. They tend to vary in their opinions much like the wind changes.

If you remember in the 80's the next ice age was the theme of the day.

The truth is that the climat is always in a state of flux. Global patterns change. We are contributing to it through the relaese of CO2 into the atmosphere. BUT there are so many other factors at play and examples of these such as solar sunspots have already been given.

If you really want to worry about something, worry about the earth's magnetic field changing. Throughout geological history it has suddenly and for no obvious reason flipped. Imagine the effect that such a magnetic flip would have on electrical, electronic and othe material and equipment.

Wow! Experts know lots but tend to really understand little.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
The real facts are that as the climate is so complex the'experts' are not really sure whether the added CO2 in the atmosphere will cause cooling, or warming.

Rubbish. Total and utter NONSENSE.

They tend to vary in their opinions much like the wind changes.

If you remember in the 80's the next ice age was the theme of the day.

The truth is that the climat is always in a state of flux. Global patterns change. We are contributing to it through the relaese of CO2 into the atmosphere. BUT there are so many other factors at play and examples of these such as solar sunspots have already been given.

None of those factors come remotely close to the amount of effect caused by human-produced CO2. There is only ONE natural phenomena which could have more effect, and that would be if large amounts of methane were released due to rising temperatures causing sub-oceanic methane hydrates to start being released. If that happens then we will see global temperature rising far faster than even humans can manage by releasing CO2.

If you really want to worry about something, worry about the earth's magnetic field changing. Throughout geological history it has suddenly and for no obvious reason flipped. Imagine the effect that such a magnetic flip would have on electrical, electronic and othe material and equipment.

I see no reason to believe that the magnetic field is going to flip in my lifetime.

Wow! Experts know lots but tend to really understand little.

In the case of climate change, one hell of a load of people who know bugger all about the science talk about it as if they were experts.

HOLA4422
I'm doing my best, but I'm not coming up with much.

If it were to happen then the effects on electrical equipment would be about the last thing we should be worrying about. It would cause a mass extinction. Nine-tenths of the human race would be wiped out. But you don't need to worry, because it isn't going to happen in our lifetimes.

HOLA4423
If it were to happen then the effects on electrical equipment would be about the last thing we should be worrying about. It would cause a mass extinction. Nine-tenths of the human race would be wiped out. But you don't need to worry, because it isn't going to happen in our lifetimes.

Why?

HOLA4424

who cares about everyone dying , the kids won't be able to play the latest chart tunes on their ipods!!!!

anyway it is stupid to say it will not happen in our lifetimes , these things happen at random , the sun has been acting strange with it's lack of sunspots this past year , maybe that has something to do with the poles flipping or the oncoming of the next meander minimum type period?

no-one really knows what the lack of sunspots means as they only time in recorded history there has been so few sunspots has been in the meander minimum.

HOLA4425
What you are saying is exactly the same as Sibley or McTavish claiming that 2 months rise in asking prices means the house price crash is over.

Tw@t.

Perhaps you could refer to where I claimed that the crash is over?

Ah, thats right, you can't, because I didn't. In fact, I've specifically stated the opposite.

Tw@t.

Archived