House Price Crash Forum
Stuboy

Paul Clifton Properties

Hi everybody,

This is my first post and I wonder if anyone has ever heard of Residential Investments owned by Paul Clifton Properties.

If anyone knows about them can you advise if they are a bone fide company as I'm thinking of buying one of their 'Rent Backs', only they have insisted due to buying schedules I'd have to use their appointed solicitors.

Any help would be appreciated.

cheers

Stuboy

Hi everybody,

This is my first post and I wonder if anyone has ever heard of Residential Investments owned by Paul Clifton Properties.

If anyone knows about them can you advise if they are a bone fide company as I'm thinking of buying one of their 'Rent Backs', only they have insisted due to buying schedules I'd have to use their appointed solicitors.

cheers

Stuboy

As far as I am aware, they can ask, encourage or request that you use their appointed solicitors but they cannot insist (you may want to check with the Law Society). If they will not proceed without you taking independant advice dont invest with them, it is that simple.

Hello,

Interested in your conclusion to this company as I too am interested in buying through them but all seems too good to be true.

It's quite simple, they need to use solicitors who, shall we say "understand" the nature of the transaction.... they are needed because the lenders would otherwise reject most of the deals that go through.... simply because lending criteria is so tight these days!

If you are pragmatic and accept that the packaging company are going to make, for arguments sake; £15,000 on a £100,000 deal... (which covers advertising costs as well as staff / overheads and of course profits)... then you should be happy with the end result...

If you think you can get better prices AND raise the right finance on the property whilst securing a decent BMV price... then of course you should do it yourself.... but it doesn't work like that; these guys win because they can buy well, they can get the right deal past the mortgage lenders and still leave you with equity after making a handsome slice for their troubles... it's other circles it would just be called good business.

Hi everybody,

cheers

Stuboy

hi just to let you know that paul clifton has gone in to bankrupcy , he went bust in sept2010 ,