House Price Crash Forum

Biggest Spring Bounce So Far?

HOLA441

Edinburgh.

With a staggering +12% in the month of April alone according to the Registers of Scotland.

Should be quite interesting seeing what May, June and July will do. :lol:

Aberdeen only saw a paltry 2% in April, but then again, people always say theres a time lag for anything to get all the way up here!!!!! :lol:

HOLA442
Edinburgh.

With a staggering +12% in the month of April alone according to the Registers of Scotland.

Aberdeen only saw a paltry 2% in April, but then again, people always say theres a time lag for anything to get all the way up here!!!!! :lol:

A couple of years like that and you will all be richer than Alan Sugar.

Well done Hamish.

HOLA443
Edinburgh.

we all know that scots are useless with money. Look at Brown, Darling, HBOS and RBS.......

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

If prices keep increasing 12% a month, as they surely will, how long will it be before people with studio flats in Dumbiedykes are millionaires?

Should I be a savvy investor and sell a kidney to snap up a flat in Pennywell Gardens now before I miss the boat?

HOLA449
12% is economically sustainable.

Perpetual growth it is then.

so are 50% house price falls - do you have a grasp of the economic effects of significant negative equity, static living conditions, decreased labour productivity, falling taxes ??????????

HOLA4410
Edinburgh.

Hi ,

I assume this data came from http://www.ros.gov.uk/ ?

If so , whereabouts is it , as I can't find it on their PRESS RELEASES page at

http://www.ros.gov.uk/aboutus/pressreleases.html

only something about volumes going down Q1 by 57.1% and prices going down

http://www.ros.gov.uk/pdfs/2009_05_statsrelease.pdf

(Edinburgh down 10.1% year on year) .

Thanks .

HOLA4411
12% is economically sustainable.

Perpetual growth it is then.

so are 50% house price falls - do you have a grasp of the economic effects of significant negative equity, static living conditions, decreased labour productivity, falling taxes ????

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
Edinburgh.

Wait for it....

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

HOLA4414
Edinburgh.

swive me, hamish, your scottish streets really are paved with gold.

my only question, and i guess it'll be the one on everybody's lips - is it too late for people [including, but not necessarily limited to, those south of the border] to get a piece of this opportunity, i.e. can we expect this 290% p.a. growth to continue?

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
Edinburgh.

Congratulations you have decoded the enigma to enternal wealth and happiness. What fools we are for not listening or buying your milestone of mortgage debt from around your neck off you. :rolleyes:

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
Edinburgh.

:lol:

Go on Hamish, enjoy yourself, you deserve it. You were right, we were wrong.

12% eh ? in one month. Blimey, where will this all end ?

OK, I don`t really want to move up to Edinburgh. Do you think there`s any chance that i`ll see anything like double digit house price growth in one month round here (West Midlands) ?

Ooooh I do hope so, because I wanna be rich, rich, rich, just like you !

Sod the youngsters, or anyone else that wants to buy their own home, they`ll just have to rent (if they can afford it). Let`s just sit back, and rejoice in our rising prosperity. Afterall, weren`t we clever to invest in property. We deserve to make money. Those that wish for reasonably priced housing are living in dream land, and we can`t afford to let them get their way, oh no.

Hamish "Equity" McTavish........ beacuase he`s worth it.

HOLA4422
Edinburgh.

:lol:

Go on Hamish, enjoy yourself, you deserve it. You were right, we were wrong.

12% eh ? in one month. Blimey, where will this all end ?

OK, I don`t really want to move up to Edinburgh. Do you think there`s any chance that i`ll see anything like double digit house price growth in one month round here (West Midlands) ?

Ooooh I do hope so, because I wanna be rich, rich, rich, just like you !

Sod the youngsters, or anyone else that wants to buy their own home, they`ll just have to rent (if they can afford it). Let`s just sit back, and rejoice in our rising prosperity. Afterall, weren`t we clever to invest in property? We deserve to make money. Those that wish for reasonably priced housing are living in dream land, and we can`t afford to let them get their way, oh no.

Hamish "Equity" McTavish........ beacuase he`s worth it.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
Edinburgh.

Yay! I just love to see more money draining from the economy into illiquid assets in time of recession

lets all bask in the warm glow of the recovereh B)

Edited by Bubble&Squeak

HOLA4425