House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
profitofdoom

Lancashire Cc Elections

Spectacular results coming from Lancashire Labour have lost 14% of the vote,on 23% down from 37%

Liberals have taken 28% up from 19%. Tories DOWN 7% at 30%. BNP from 2% up to 19%.

We knew things were bad for Labour but on this showing the Tories have no chance at the general election.

Spectacular results coming from Lancashire Labour have lost 14% of the vote,on 23% down from 37%

Liberals have taken 28% up from 19%. Tories DOWN 7% at 30%. BNP from 2% up to 19%.

We knew things were bad for Labour but on this showing the Tories have no chance at the general election.

I disagree... people vote differently in general elections..... these results show a definative shift away from labour... and in my view a right wing vote for the BNP over the tories... if the BNP weren't there then the votes would have gone to the tories... Mind you if UKIP wasn;t around then labour wouldn't have been in power for so long.

A lot of people voting BNP locally won't do so when it comes to the general election.

Looks to me that Lab going from 1st to 3rd is the news here. That and the BNP :ph34r: Tories ended up with the largest share of the vote.

Good to know that you can extrapolate a Lab or LibDem win from one council election result ;)

I voted Lib Dem here in Lancashire. The only party here to do some real campaigning.

Looking at the breakdown it seems as if the Labour vote has crumbled as expected,probably split equally between the LD and BNP.The Tory 7% must have almost exclusively gone to the BNP.This looks grim for Dave.

Very interesting. If anything, that the BNP has not done better in one of its target areas, is the surprise. Labour is being punished, no doubt about that, but there is no great Tory landslide. Tarred with the same brush regarding expenses and even more remote from the electorate, that is the Tory problem. Lancashire supporting a Bullingdon Club toff, it was always unlikely.

That is a very high vote for the BNP when you consider the muti racial mix in Lancashire

OP; those figures come to exactly 100%.

Nobody else standing?

Rounded up to full percentages,nobody else listed as even having 1%.From the official Lanacashire CC website.

Looking at the breakdown it seems as if the Labour vote has crumbled as expected,probably split equally between the LD and BNP.The Tory 7% must have almost exclusively gone to the BNP.This looks grim for Dave.

Indeed. Labour being beaten into 3rd place in a council where they were neck and neck is always bad for the Tories.

I live in Lancashire and there was no-one else standing. The voting paper choice was Lab, Con, LibDem, BNP and that's all.

19% for BNP -wow, if that is repeated on the Euro election papers, I guess the north-west will be sending some BNP MEPs to Strasbourg ?

Indeed. Labour being beaten into 3rd place in a council where they were neck and neck is always bad for the Tories.

Exactly right.The point I have been making all along.Effectively there is a Tory vote and an Anti Tory vote.It's swung behind the LD's and that spells disaster for Cameron.I predicted 95 for the LD's at the general.Wonder if Cameron will still want an early poll?

Exactly right.The point I have been making all along.Effectively there is a Tory vote and an Anti Tory vote.It's swung behind the LD's and that spells disaster for Cameron.I predicted 95 for the LD's at the general.Wonder if Cameron will still want an early poll?

It's a good job there is an anti Tory vote, but no anti Labour vote then isn't it?

I can't imagine what would happen to Labour if people though GB was a useless ****.

So the Tories have the greater percentage of vote than any other party and have only lost half the percentage that Labour have and its somehow a bad result for them?

What's your new position in the reshuffle then? Or are you a BBC replorter.

It's not over yet.

LCC Elections Page: (Snapshot)

lcc.png

BNP declining as rural areas come in? Would also be better for Tories and worse for Labour...

ED: That page is updating by the second! Naughty OP! (And a lot faster than the HPC site, *sigh*)

Edited by yellerKat

So the Tories have the greater percentage of vote than any other party and have only lost half the percentage that Labour have and its somehow a bad result for them?

What's your new position in the reshuffle then? Or are you a BBC replorter.

Clearly you don't understand psephology.The significance of where the Labour vote goes is the point.Now Eastbourne.The Labour vote has all but gone and the LD's have won Tory seats on Sussex CC.I'm not an LD either.Sorry you don't like the message though.Not what you were expecting was it?

The BNP have won their first county council seat in Lancashire!!

The BNP has won its first county council seat in Lancashire in the party's stronghold of Burnley as Labour faced a routing in the town's local elections.

In the first three results to be announced from the count, the far right party won one seat on Lancashire County Council and the Liberal Democrats two seats, from Labour.

Previously all six seats were held by Labour since 2005, with three more results to come.

It's not over yet.

LCC Elections Page: (Snapshot)

lcc.png

BNP declining as rural areas come in? Would also be better for Tories and worse for Labour...

ED: That page is updating by the second! Naughty OP! (And a lot faster than the HPC site, *sigh*)

Yes naught OP. There have only been 17 seats declared out of 84, and 5 of those were in Burnley. Of those the tories have won 9 taking 5 from Labour. Once the posh bits and the rural seats start declaring the Con share will go up rapidly.

Clearly you don't understand psephology.The significance of where the Labour vote goes is the point.Now Eastbourne.The Labour vote has all but gone and the LD's have won Tory seats on Sussex CC.I'm not an LD either.Sorry you don't like the message though.Not what you were expecting was it?

The previous Tory council in Eastbourne was useless and they were booted out in 2007.

There's obviously still a local memory of that.

I think you're drawing too many conclusions too fast.

(And it's East Sussex CC, by the way.)

It says Tories down 5% on previous election now they stay about the same and everyone else shuffles around. labour losing all the votes.

13.71% is BNP vote not 19% as you said.

Conservative 32.02% ( 37.21%) 9 21599 (195517)

Liberal Democrats 25.63% ( 18.78%) 5 17287 (98675)

Labour 22.59% ( 37.50%) 2 15238 (197061)

British National Party 13.71% ( 1.85%) 1 9245 (9702)

UK Independence Party 2.80% ( 0.29%) 0 1889 (1531)

Green Party 1.05% ( 1.79%) 0 705 (9385)

Community First 1.04% ( 0.00%) 0 704 (0)

England First Party 0.89% ( 0.00%) 0 599 (0)

The English Democrats 0.27% ( 0.00%) 0 179 (0)

Independent 0% ( 1.41%) 0 0 (7417)

The Idle Toad 0% ( 0.64%) 0 0 (3360)

The New Party 0% ( 0.00%) 0 0 (0)

No Description 0% ( 0.00%) 0 0 (0)

Morecambe Bay Independent 0% ( 0.00%) 0 0 (0)

Edited by Tom Peters

I disagree... people vote differently in general elections..... these results show a definative shift away from labour... and in my view a right wing vote for the BNP over the tories... if the BNP weren't there then the votes would have gone to the tories... Mind you if UKIP wasn;t around then labour wouldn't have been in power for so long.

A lot of people voting BNP locally won't do so when it comes to the general election.

Correct. I voted BNP in Wiltshire; but wouldn't consider it at the General Election.

Actually, I voted UKIP so I don't honestly care what happens to the Tories. I would traditionally have voted Tory but since they have appointed that Allsopp woman they clearly have no intention of addressing the price of housing and they don't get my vote.

What made me think you are an **** is the subtitle of the thread as it bears no resemblance to the actual result.

Labour hit (down 14%) Tories SMASHED (down 7%)

Don't you think that makes you look a bit foolish? Tories only lose half the vote that Labour do yet somehow they are SMASHED.

Go back to your little constituency office and clear out your desk.

Edited by the end is a bit nigher