House Price Crash Forum

Brown Cancels Reshuffle

bogbrush

HOLA441

So, he wanted Darling out but he refused to go. Millipede is also to stay as Foreign Secretary (a shrewd move, to be as far away from domestic activity as possible). The only moves I've seen so far have been to replace resignations.

This is pitiful; the PM has no power left whatsoever, he just has to do what they tell him.

Will the media notice this? Anyone seen anything in this vein yet?

HOLA442
So, he wanted Darling out but he refused to go. Millipede is also to stay as Foreign Secretary (a shrewd move, to be as far away from domestic activity as possible). The only moves I've seen so far have been to replace resignations.

This is pitiful; the PM has no power left whatsoever, he just has to do what they tell him.

Adam Boulton on Sky news is saying live on air that Brown has no authority left anymore.

When the local election results are in and Labour has been massacared it will only get worse.

HOLA443
HOLA444

The longer he leaves it before resigning the bigger the tw@t he makes of himself

HOLA445
HOLA446

He wanted to replace his chancellor and up the limit on the countries credit card, but he was told a change of chancelllor would damage the countries AAA rating.

The people he had no intention of moving are revolting against him.

He stoutly refuses to accept that he is no longer in control of his own party nevermind the country.

In his mind, he remains the saviour of the world. His end will be like the end of a Terminator film

He wont go unless there has been carnage (more than he has created so far) bloodshed (more than the 160+ and counting soldiers in Afghanistan and the tens of thousands of civilian deaths in Iraq).

Only in the event we have total destruction would he see that it was time for him to jump. I wonder if those around him will arrange for a David Kelly style hillwalking break for Gordo? (Friends close and enemies closer and all that!)

But right now, in the mind of Gordon Brown, he has removed the deadwood that held his Govt back, and he can continue with leading the world out of someone elses recession.

HOLA447
HOLA448
The longer he leaves it before resigning the bigger the tw@t he makes of himself

Just heard on Classic FM - one of the 'DJs' chatting away 'If your name happens to be Gordon and you're toying with your mobile, don't throw it'

The man is just an object of ridicule now.

HOLA449
Guest anorthosite
News just in. Baroness Susan Boyle appointed as Culture Secretary.

Just as well Jade Goody's dead :blink:

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
A Downing Street spokesman said: "We've decided to leave the post of work and pensions secretary vacant, mainly because there's no work and no pensions."

He added: "It's a fresh, exciting team of pretty much the same discredited people doing the same appallingly incompetent things. It can't possibly fail."

Daily Mash.

Love it.

HOLA4414
Part of me wants GB to stay on, mired in his own 5hit, hated by everybody, ridiculed by the press and doing a great job for Cameron's election prospects.

As much as I hate Gordon and am predisposed to dislike everything his party has ever stood for, I find difficulty throwing my full support behind Dave C.

Dave seems to be playng the game of giving Gordon enough rope to hang himself. He doesnt need to engage in a battle with Gordon cos Gordo's already committed political suicide. Metaphorically speaking, hes swallowed a bottle of painkillers and its now just a matter of time.

You might think that this shows good judgement from Dave. But I cant help but think that we really needed an opposition to counterbalance the craziness of the last few years. I would have a lot more confidence in the man if he had been saying all along that HPI was a bad thing, and maybe even putting a bit of pressure on the govt all along and warning of the dangers of an inflated housing market, lack of financial regulation etc

But, whilst any fool could see the precipice looming large, there was no warning. And thats why I am not excited about a Dave Cameron led Tory Govt.

To my mind, he is yet to nail his colours to the mast and declare what he stands for. When he does that, I will decide if he stands for me.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
As much as I hate Gordon and am predisposed to dislike everything his party has ever stood for, I find difficulty throwing my full support behind Dave C.

Dave seems to be playng the game of giving Gordon enough rope to hang himself. He doesnt need to engage in a battle with Gordon cos Gordo's already committed political suicide. Metaphorically speaking, hes swallowed a bottle of painkillers and its now just a matter of time.

You might think that this shows good judgement from Dave. But I cant help but think that we really needed an opposition to counterbalance the craziness of the last few years. I would have a lot more confidence in the man if he had been saying all along that HPI was a bad thing, and maybe even putting a bit of pressure on the govt all along and warning of the dangers of an inflated housing market, lack of financial regulation etc

But, whilst any fool could see the precipice looming large, there was no warning. And thats why I am not excited about a Dave Cameron led Tory Govt.

To my mind, he is yet to nail his colours to the mast and declare what he stands for. When he does that, I will decide if he stands for me.

I feel the same as you- very uncomfortable about someone reaching the top of the tree by saying nothing (much as Tony Blair did)

However you have to take account that to become PM Cameron needs to attract the votes of a nation of morons who voted Nulabour in not just once but 3 times.

Hague and occasionally others like Redwood and Clarke have tried logical arguement and an appeal to the intellect and got nowhere and ended up being rediculed by the Nulabour supporting press because of their lack of hair or Star Trek ears.

This is the level of political debate in the UK and I don't blame Cameron for recognising this and using it in his favour.

HOLA4417

VG as usual.

The bit I liked (because its true!)

And in what Labour sources described as 'one final act of utter bastardry', Mr Brown handed the Home Office to leadership favourite Alan Johnson in a bid to destroy his reputation as a safe pair of hands by Monday morning at the latest.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
Is your avatar Caroline Flint practising sucking off Gordon ?

Details of insurance claim:

'I was reading something on the internet when all of a sudden I had an irresistable urge to spit my tea all over my laptop. This caused my laptop irreperable damage.'

HOLA4420
I feel the same as you- very uncomfortable about someone reaching the top of the tree by saying nothing (much as Tony Blair did)

However you have to take account that to become PM Cameron needs to attract the votes of a nation of morons who voted Nulabour in not just once but 3 times.

Hague and occasionally others like Redwood and Clarke have tried logical arguement and an appeal to the intellect and got nowhere and ended up being rediculed by the Nulabour supporting press because of their lack of hair or Star Trek ears.

This is the level of political debate in the UK and I don't blame Cameron for recognising this and using it in his favour.

So now that air has cleared somewhat and we can see the economic destruction wrought by HPI, are the torys taking an anti-hpi stance?

Nope

Are they talking about HPI as a constriction or a cost?

Nope

Are they even talking about HPI as a politrical issue?

Nope

Are they even talking about HPI at all?

Nope

they wont either..

HOLA4421
So now that air has cleared somewhat and we can see the economic destruction wrought by HPI, are the torys taking an anti-hpi stance?

Nope

Nope

Nope

Nope

they wont either..

Is Krusty still thier housing advisor?

Yep

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/poli...icle6073577.ece

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Nope

Nope

Nope

Nope

they wont either..

Agreed! And its a ridiculous notion that he is dumbing down to get elected - so not providing an opposition is OK.

Imagine that Dave C thought he could see the growing problems the problems of HPI, saw that lack of financial regulation was the cause, but chose not to speak of them cos he thought he would be seen as being too intellectual to get elected.

This would suggest that he would let tens/hundreds of thousands of people struggle with massive amounts of negative equity and see that as a reasonable price for him becoming PM. If this were true then you would have to worry that he is just as power crazy as the tw@t that currently resides in No 10.

As i see it, my concerns that he doesnt stand for anything are valid. We all know that he has tried to be 'Teflon Dave' by not committing to anything, but now is surely the time to start coming up with a few ideas. This would show true leadership, and the more his ideas are stolen, the greater leader he can be seen as.

But so far, no ideas.

Edited to add the very latest from the mash

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politics/pol...r-200906051805/

Archived