House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

loginandtonic

Legal Cheap Mp3 Download Site That Doesnt Ask For Credit Card

Guest redwine
anyone know of one? preferences:

sub 20p or 30c a track

can pay by paypal or other not credit card way

no need to use their software

legitimate

try www.jamendo.com.fr

its a totally legal and you can download for free

just change the flag to english or whatever language you want

it tends to be lots of unknown groups

otherwise try jiwa fm but i have never downloaded on this site

try www.jamendo.com.fr

its a totally legal and you can download for free

just change the flag to english or whatever language you want

it tends to be lots of unknown groups

otherwise try jiwa fm but i have never downloaded on this site

thx red, but i want the sort of stuff chill plays on dab, i have bought some real CDs with the trax i like but the bill to download all the other ones i like on amazon etc would be rather pricey at 69p a pop, so looking for a conventional mp3 site for cheap downloads

Guest redwine
thx red, but i want the sort of stuff chill plays on dab, i have bought some real CDs with the trax i like but the bill to download all the other ones i like on amazon etc would be rather pricey at 69p a pop, so looking for a conventional mp3 site for cheap downloads

i have noticed that its more or less the same price everwhere

there seems to be a phoney war between i-tunes and amazon

its like two different oil companies charging the same price for there petrol

since i now have spotify i dont bother buying cds

i have noticed that its more or less the same price everwhere

there seems to be a phoney war between i-tunes and amazon

its like two different oil companies charging the same price for there petrol

since i now have spotify i dont bother buying cds

there are sites that are 9c each track but a/ no idea if they're legal, b/ they want credit card details.... so bit of a worry, and c/ they want to make me download something that might have spyware or worse

i need to switch off chill before it bankrupts me into buying everything they play :lol:

Guest redwine
there are sites that are 9c each track but a/ no idea if they're legal, b/ they want credit card details.... so bit of a worry, and c/ they want to make me download something that might have spyware or worse

i need to switch off chill before it bankrupts me into buying everything they play :lol:

i found the cheap and probably not very honest sites

its a question of confidence and trust because you wanted to save a few bob you might end up paying a fortune

i have i-tunes and you will have to download but you dont have to give your credit card details just buy a 15 euro recharge or 10 euros etc

I have an e-music subscription - but I don't know if they carry stuff you want. They don't carry the big labels - but I'd guess the stuff you are after is on independent labels anyway?

You can get 50 free downloads using http://www.emusic.com/telegraphdownload

(or getting a link from me - then I'd get credits if you took out a subscription!). You can cancel and not take any more than the free downloads (my son did). They are all drm free mp3s.

But you can check out the site to see what they have (if anything).

I've had a subscription for a couple of years so I can vouch that they are legit!

Btw - I just checked the recent playlist on Chill against emusic & there is a good selection of artists.

Those 50 downloads would probably help you get a good selection!!!

(edit I just checked their subscription plans and saw what a good deal I'm getting due to the cost when I first joined - 50 tracks per month now costs £17.99 - whereas it costs me £10.99 - so I can feel really happy that I'm getting a bargain!).

If anyone cares, after the first 50 free tracks the current plans are:

eMusic Lite 12 (every 30 days) £5.99 £0.50 per track

eMusic Basic 24 (every 30 days) £9.99 £0.42 per track

eMusic Plus 35 (every 30 days) £13.99 £0.40 per track

eMusic Premium 50 (every 30 days) £17.99 £0.36 per track

eMusic Connoisseur

3 month commitment required* 75 (every 30 days) £24.99 £0.33

so it's maybe not as cheap as you'd really want, but those free tracks will be at a good price!

Talking of music/downloads/MP3s/CDs etc. is anyone familiar with the theme from Angel, the Neil Jordan film, by Honor Heffernan from the early 80s. I've serched everywhere I can think of even going so far as to scrutenise the compulations and film scores cds in supermarkets without success.

Guest redwine
Talking of music/downloads/MP3s/CDs etc. is anyone familiar with the theme from Angel, the Neil Jordan film, by Honor Heffernan from the early 80s. I've serched everywhere I can think of even going so far as to scrutenise the compulations and film scores cds in supermarkets without success.

the music was composed by "paddy meegan" i dont think that it was ever released as a cd

the dvd came out in 2004 its easy to buy on amazon

honor heffernan the irish singer has her own website just google it

the music was composed by "paddy meegan" i dont think that it was ever released as a cd

the dvd came out in 2004 its easy to buy on amazon

honor heffernan the irish singer has her own website just google it

It was in fact somewhere about the top of the Irish charts at the time the film was released, so long ago that Terry Wogan was a radio presenter in Ireland. Been to her website and emailed it but no success.

Ah yes, and the first is completely legal. There's no guarantee that you'll find what you're looking for though because it is a library of broadcasted music streamed into mp3.

Handy tho.

Guest redwine
It was in fact somewhere about the top of the Irish charts at the time the film was released, so long ago that Terry Wogan was a radio presenter in Ireland. Been to her website and emailed it but no success.

so you are looking for a vinyl 45 single in the irish charts in the 80s you will probably find it one day in a car boot sale or by accident in a shop

i have the same problem with a band from the same period called "the au pairs"

i saw them only once at leeds rock against racism concert in 1980

i had the single "its obvious" with the B side song called "diet" but it disappeared

hoping that i will find it someday