House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bruce Banner

Alan Sugar Backing Brown - Enterprise Tsar

How much of Sugar's wealth is tied up in property?

Enough, I suspect that he is dependant on this false dawn actually being the real thing. I don't think you can buy as aggressive as he did at the top of the market without jeopardising his entire business empire. Going to be one to watch, along with the Wilson. 2011 should be an interesting year.

Alan Sugar is the embodiment of everything that is wrong with corporate life

One day he may realise that it is in fact possible to be a successful business person without being a caricature, and a total anus

it really annoys me the way people like sugar are called entrepreneurs, he made one quality investment at the right time (amstrad), since then hes acheived nothing other than growing his wealth through a property bull market which any fool could and has done, yet has completely not seen the inevitable crash, To me somebody like Stelios is an entrepreneur with a proven track record of diversity, sugar is merely a one hit wonder

It reminds me of how King Hussein of Jordan backed Saddam Hussein in the first Gulf War.

It's called backing the wrong horse.

Edited by blankster

Sugar is just a chav gone wrong and in realality anyone that takes to people like they make out he does on TV would not get off the starting blocks but thats entertainment for you

Nothing against Mr Sugar, but appointing someone from a popular television programme indicates this government has no idea how to handle the dire economic situation they brought about.

it really annoys me the way people like sugar are called entrepreneurs, he made one quality investment at the right time (amstrad), since then hes acheived nothing other than growing his wealth through a property bull market which any fool could and has done, yet has completely not seen the inevitable crash, To me somebody like Stelios is an entrepreneur with a proven track record of diversity, sugar is merely a one hit wonder

+1

Sugar ended up with a one-product firm that he had to sell to his main customer (Sky) for a fraction of what it had once been worth. Well done overall, but hardly the stuff of legend.

He is very much overexposed to property and could easily end up in reduced circumstances. It demeans him and Brown to be engaging in this sort of pantomime really,

it really annoys me the way people like sugar are called entrepreneurs, he made one quality investment at the right time (amstrad), since then hes acheived nothing other than growing his wealth through a property bull market

I'm not so sure about his wealth growing recently

They used to claim he was worth about £800m at the beginning of every Apprentice programme.

This year that was omitted :unsure:

Gordon's offered him a job as "Enterprise Tsar" according to Beeb ticker.

I wonder if he'll be getting Paul Kemsley to do his interviewing for him now his business has gone bust.

Perhaps Mike Ashley could be brought in to help too.

This is shocking stuff. Handing out scraps to property developers, shysters, spivs and chancers now.

Gordon's offered him a job as "Enterprise Tsar" according to Beeb ticker.

I wonder if he'll be getting Paul Kemsley to do his interviewing for him now his business has gone bust.

Perhaps Mike Ashley could be brought in to help too.

This is shocking stuff. Handing out scraps to property developers, shysters, spivs and chancers now.

And a peerage according to the BBC, surprise, surprise :rolleyes:.