House Price Crash Forum

Elections

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
Only behind Cons and Libs. Can they hold this position in front of UKIP/Greens and even BNP?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8081729.stm

I wouldn't be that surprised to see the BNP coming in front of Liebour in at least one or two of councils. I suspect that we'll be in for a shock on just how many 'minor' parties have been backed. Almost everyone I spoke to about the Euro election, was going for UKIP. Voting intentions with regards the BNP doesn't seem to be an open discussion topic amongest colleagues or neighbours (not yet anyway).

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
Personally I just wonder how much of a total tard you have to be to vote Labour at all.

Think it was the local ITV news last night - they interviewed a few people in Salford about their voting. The last woman they spoke to (a wrinkled, toothless old biddy) laughed at the camera and said she would be voting Labour otherwise "Me Dad wouldn't be very happy", and nodded skywards towards heaven.

Why should people like this even be GIVEN a vote ? They are contributing towards an electorial system that will have implications for all of us based on the presumed judgement of a third party. And a DEAD third party at that !

HOLA449
Think it was the local ITV news last night - they interviewed a few people in Salford about their voting. The last woman they spoke to (a wrinkled, toothless old biddy) laughed at the camera and said she would be voting Labour otherwise "Me Dad wouldn't be very happy", and nodded skywards towards heaven.

Why should people like this even be GIVEN a vote ? They are contributing towards an electorial system that will have implications for all of us based on the presumed judgement of a third party. And a DEAD third party at that !

There are indeed some places where you could put a packet of lard as a candidate and as long as it had a red rosette it'd get in.

Sadly that's democrazy ;-)

HOLA4410
Only behind Cons and Libs. Can they hold this position in front of UKIP/Greens and even BNP?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8081729.stm

Um, surely the winner must be "none of the above"?

Hope (vainly) both lab and con get trashed in the euro elections. They're both the same: whinge mightily about what's wrong, but veto all attempts to fix it. They're both the bored kids in the back of the class who disrupt the lesson for everyone else. Except ... unlike uk-national-british-independence party, they're hopelessly two-faced and can't be honest about their unwillingness to engage constructively on a program to build on what's good and reform what's bad.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
There are indeed some places where you could put a packet of lard as a candidate and as long as it had a red rosette it'd get in.

Sedgefield!

Or if we are talking real packs of lard, Prescotts constituency

HOLA4414

While it's surprising that in the early result some people do seem to have returned Labour candidates, the 'good local man/woman' factor kicks in.

No one knows who the heck the average EU Parliament candidate even is so the wild voting will take place in the Euros.

Edited by CrashedOutAndBurned

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Here in South Hampshire the Tories have increased their hold at the expense of the Lib Dems.

In my home town Eastleigh, UKIP came 3rd in every ward pushing Labour into last position.

In the Fareham and New Forest wards - despite lots of adverse press regarding the incumbent Tory MPs expenses (Peter Viggers duck house and Julian Lewis's £7k redecoration bill) the Tories maintained their position comfortably.

In the only ward where the BNP stood - largely working class Portchester -they came 5th in a field of 6. Well beaten by Labour.

A low turnout as well, which favours the smaller parties.

Edited by Son of Fred

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

It looks as if in terms of vote share the total collapse of Labour isn't happening.Indeed North of the border they have actuallly won some seats from the SNP.With a relatively small turnout,some reports say as low as the high 20's it's difficult to extrapolate to a national picture.There is also the feeling that these votes are not "real". (I voted for Arthur Scargill based on our mutual hatred of Thatcher and the fact that he was the most "real" of the nutters on the half metre long charge sheet)

I just have a feeling that Dave is going to be the real loser when the dust settles.It's going to be a bit like Manchester United beating Frickley Rail Depot second XI 2-0 in the FA cup.Brown's failure is already factored in but if Dave cant manage 35% of the Euro vote he's not going to win the general.

Edited by profitofdoom

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Was her dad a Gay Outreach Equality and Diversity Officer?

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
Dan Hannan has a bet with Guido Fawkes that Labour will come 5th.

Personally I just wonder how much of a total tard you have to be to vote Labour at all.

The kind that is receiving the handouts.

Feckless, chavvy, undecuated, low life scum and the public sector. Around 20% of the population are in the state/Gordon's pocket.

He has bought his votes

Edited by Godley

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Do you (honestly) think it is any different in Wokingham or Esher for Tories?

HOLA4425