House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UndercoverElephant

Gordon Brown And Dentistry

Fact: Gordon Brown chose to have root canal work done on his teeth with no aneasthetic because he doesn't like taking aneasthetics.

Question: How might what this tells us about his pyschology influence our expectations of future events?

Brown is so dence that if he flew into the twin towers at 500mph i belive they would fall down along with the tower that did't get hit but alas it's not to be.

Fact: Gordon Brown chose to have root canal work done on his teeth with no aneasthetic because he doesn't like taking aneasthetics.

Is that true? Ouch :blink:

If so I have some new found respect for him, he's a triple hard *******

Is that true? Ouch :blink:

If so I have some new found respect for him, he's a triple hard *******

Not at all. It's a myth that root canal work is agony. If the nerves are already dead then you'll feel minimal or no pain. It may have been a repeat root canal in which case he'd definitely not feel anything since the nerves would have been removed already. I've had a repeat root canal without anaesthetic and it was no bother with the added benefit that I wasn't drooling from my numbed mouth all day. (well no more than normal anyway).

Years ago I actually had an appointment with Gordon Browns dentist Mervyn Druian.

Yes it is true that root canal treatment is painless as the tooth would already be dead - certainly no at least no more painful than the tooth was before the treatment.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6428127.stm

Chancellor Gordon Brown has allowed a dentist to drill through to deep nerve tissue beneath his teeth without using an anaesthetic.

Mr Brown made the apparently painful decision because he did not want his mouth to freeze up just hours before he was due to deliver a speech.

The root canal work was carried out by Mervyn Druain of Belsize Park, London.

He told The Sun newspaper that Mr Brown had been "perfectly relaxed" and "did not flinch or grimace at any stage".

Not sure who to believe now.

I suspect Gordon Brown is capable of withstanding an enormous amount of political pain without flinching. He will soldier on until next May, long after any normal person would have given up. He will cling on to power even more tenaciously than Tony Blair did. If the entire cabinet resigned, he'd try to appoint a new one.

Not at all. It's a myth that root canal work is agony. If the nerves are already dead then you'll feel minimal or no pain. It may have been a repeat root canal in which case he'd definitely not feel anything since the nerves would have been removed already. I've had a repeat root canal without anaesthetic and it was no bother with the added benefit that I wasn't drooling from my numbed mouth all day. (well no more than normal anyway).

Well I had one done a couple of weeks ago and it hurt like a mother****** before and after which is all I have to go on. The anaesthetic was a welcome release from the pain and also has never left me unable to speak properly or a drooling idiot.