House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Kazuya

Conservative Government This Year...

I for one would prefer Labour to try with another idiot before the economy really implodes - don't want to take any chances with who gets the blame for this. Not sure five years is enough this time!

:lol:

I'm with you on that one. An election any time before next summer, and Labour will be let off the hook. 3 million unemployed and 15% interest rates is what Labour are fond of quoting - Highly probable whoever is in power, but I'd rather it was under Labour! Let them go down with the ship!

Any incoming government that doesn't deal with the problem left to them will end up owning it when it becomes too big again and sinks them. All they have to do is say they are in the same situation as '79, having to sweep up the mess left by the previous administration, except much, much worse this time. It is not as if the public deep down don't realise this. The large majority of the public sector will still vote labour whilst they have a hole in their ****, so not many votes lost there.

But this is a different mess to 1979. That was an industrial unrest problem. This is a captilist one. They have killed the golden goose with greed.

Labour throws everything at ending the recession by years end, and succeed. (printy printy)

House prices start rising firmly by next spring.

Unemployment falls slow to a trickle.

Labour says "Look, we averted a depression, and saved the world from calamity"

Tories win anyway, but closer than we expect.

Tories don't then have the balls to plunge the country back into recession, and cop the blame for it. (poisoned chalice)

Just my opinion. (But almost guaranteed to happen anyway)

Bet your house on it then? ;)

The thing that concerns me about Dave Cameron is he seems a bit popularist. It will be interesting to see what he does when he gets into power.

Edited by clubberdude

The thing that concerns me about Dave Cameron is he seems a bit popularist. It will be interesting to see what he does when he gets into power.

I have no sound reason for it other than an idiots intuition, but I suspect he is a very dark horse and may well quite radical.

He will need to make a big impression quite quickly as a new PM, both at home, and in the eyes of the world as Gordon has destroyed much of the UK's political credibility. That may well make him a bit over zealous at first. Whatever way it happens, the UK needs it's economy sorting out sharpish, so maybe it will be very painful but over faster.

House prices start rising firmly by next spring.

Just my opinion. (But almost guaranteed to happen anyway)

If the debt miracle continues then yer.. But maybe it is so ingrained into the culture

now that things will just continue forever and I am wrong for coming from a place

where you had to save first and buy later..?

I wouldn't be so sure:

http://www.johnredwoodsdiary.com/2009/06/0...nd-needs-to-do/

Ok, Mr Redwood is not the leading light he once was, but for sure his is the truest sort of Conservative.

he became even less influential after recommneding in his report for the Tories in August 2007 that any remaining regulation of mortgage provision be removed, on the basis that it is only the lenders who are at risk

Cameron will have to really cut hard on public spending if he is to be different to Brown et al. In fact the City don't think "Dave" has the balls to do it.

it doesn't matter if they think Dave doesn't have the balls he will have to make the cuts on orders of the I.M.F

he became even less influential after recommneding in his report for the Tories in August 2007 that any remaining regulation of mortgage provision be removed, on the basis that it is only the lenders who are at risk

yes because the 'regulation' was such a success wasnt it, rather than an expensive failure which helped facilitate the bubble

If the debt miracle continues then yer.. But maybe it is so ingrained into the culture

now that things will just continue forever

Debt is here to stay, for sure. That Genie cannot be put back in the bottle.

and I am wrong for coming from a place

where you had to save first and buy later..?

Not wrong, so much as Quaint. Eccentric. Nostalgic.

But deeply unrealistic.

Tories get voted in at next election

All the bad news unwinds - pfi, debt levels, mass unemployment through till 2010 etc

Tories say 'we need a fresh start' to the public

Massive cost cutting undertaken in government

About the last problem we will have is where house prices are (which by then will be in freefall by then)

House prices go down (probably bottom in 2012)

Everything gets blamed on Brown and his gimps

Only my very humble opinion.

thats the likely scenario, interest rates will rise also, don't have to go far to take out a load of borrowers and suckers rally victims

*VI believes what he wants to believe shock*

its almost like he doesnt understand that theres a hefty price tag for the big party brown's throwing now, and that tag will knock 7 bells out of employment prospects and pour weed killer on the magic money tree green shoots, sometimes i am just grateful they at least know how to make such nice shortbread

Brown is throwing everything into propping up the housing market because he knows it is key to winning the election. A new government will not be so concerned about such matters.

They'll be desperate to sustain property prices. No better than Labour.

agree

although they may go about it differently - e.g. wouldn't be surprised if the Tories bring back MIRAS

I told you yesterday Hamish, when the Brown boy goes, the QE goes.

Yep. They can just blame the next leg down on Labour at that point.

is that Tory policy?

can't remember then saying anything about it

No, but it`s a desperate last gasp from a failed government and a failed global system, the UK is going to have to take the strong medicine to survive, the Tories know this, but they won`t scare the sheeple with it, not yet.

No, but it`s a desperate last gasp from a failed government and a failed global system, the UK is going to have to take the strong medicine to survive, the Tories know this, but they won`t scare the sheeple with it, not yet.

you've got more faith in them than I have

Debt is here to stay, for sure. That Genie cannot be put back in the bottle.

Not wrong, so much as Quaint. Eccentric. Nostalgic.

But deeply unrealistic.

Yer, prudent idiot that I am :)