House Price Crash Forum
Injin

Police 'arrest Innocent Youths For Their Dna', Officer Claims

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics...cer-claims.html

Officers are targeting children as young as 10 with the aim of placing their DNA profiles on the national database to improve their chances of solving crimes, it is claimed.

The alleged practice is also described as part of a "long-term crime prevention strategy" to dissuade youths from committing offences in the future.

The claim comes amid widespread criticism of government proposals to store DNA profiles of innocent people, including some children, on the database for up to 12 years.

Civil liberty campaigners have condemned the tactic of as "diabolical" and said it showed contempt for children's freedom.

A Metropolitan Police officer made the claims after figures were released showing that 386 under-18s had their DNA taken and stored by police last year in Camden, north London.

The officer said: "Have we got targets for young people who have not been arrested yet? The answer is yes. But we are not just waiting outside schools to pick them up, we are acting on intelligence.

Can we leave this for an hour or two on the main forum please mods?

I like the way they use this tactic on a lower income part of London. I wonder if the Police have the same enthusiam in Rickmondsworth or Harrow or possibly Windsor. I doubt it because the Police are cowards.

i would happily give my DNA!!! I havn't left any at any crime scenes so what would i have to worry about?

I get really frustrated at people that call police state at stupid thins like surveilence and dna and eaves dropping?

it makes me feel much safer i can tell you.

the thing i object to is blocking anfd tampering with communications, like so you dont get mail or telephone calls that are due to you. Thats wrong.

Why'd they ask for it? What did ya do?

Fell asleep at bus stop (sat up), they came along, spoke to me (asked my name and address, didn't tell them either) so they put me in the van.

I drank a few beers admittedly.....

What did you say to convince them not to take it?

I said it was outragous that they wanted my DNA when I had't done anything. The Police were pretty sympathetic to the concept to be honest. So I refused to give it. They gave up eventually. Needed the cell and probably didn't want to have to feed me.

Its the same with finger prints; they can talk them, but if you refuse it would get very difficult to make you.

Edited by Peter Hun

i would happily give my DNA!!! I havn't left any at any crime scenes so what would i have to worry about?

Id happily give a stool sample.

At some velocity.

Well, its a very bad direction for Britain to head IMO.

Once the DNA of the nation has been locked into some database, who says that it won't be used to profile people by their genetic traits? How secure with that data be? What if marketers get ahold of the data? What if insurers get ahold of that data? What if the military gets the data? What if your enemy's military gets the data?

Yes, there have been many great scientific advances in desconstructing and understanding DNA, but this is one area of science which I fully hold in contempt. I am not a religious man by nature, but I am in agreement with mainstream religion in condemning this. My main reason is that I hold no hope for mankind to use this most intrinsic and personal identity for only good purposes. We are already witnessing the very evil manipulation of our food supply by Monsanta and others.

It's just plain scary and wrong.

Edited by cashinmattress

I refused to give my DNA. Using force to take it isn't really on the books.

They let you go eventually.

If the police have the legal authority to take your DNA then they will.

If you refuse, they will take it by force.

That's been the law for many years.

I get really frustrated at people that call police state at stupid thins like surveilence and dna and eaves dropping?

it makes me feel much safer i can tell you.

the thing i object to is blocking anfd tampering with communications, like so you dont get mail or telephone calls that are due to you. Thats wrong.

You feel safe that the police, those who are supposed to uphold the law, are blatantly abusing it?

they can have my DNA, but taking a single cell more and thats it....court case and damages.

If the police have the legal authority to take your DNA then they will.

If you refuse, they will take it by force.

That's been the law for many years.

Sure, a policeman is going to get his finger bitten off taking a DNA sample. Or up on an assault charge.

Can you provide proof that they can use force, because I can't. Compelled to, by being arrested, is not force.

Sure, a policeman is going to get his finger bitten off taking a DNA sample. Or up on an assault charge.

Can you provide proof that they can use force, because I can't. Compelled to, by being arrested, is not force.

Yup they just tear your hair out.

Fact

People must start resisting this. Taking your DNA to put on a database presided over a totalitarian government like NewLabour is the fast track to total tyranny.

Any innocent person is justified in using what ever force necessary to resist this kind of attack.

****** the mammoth, dreary BNP threads - those thugs are cub scouts compared to the Nazis that are in charge RIGHT NOW.

Edited by CrashedOutAndBurned

Ok, prove it.

I'm not saying they don't have discretion on whether to take DNA or not, or that if you make enough hassle they won't decide it's not worth it but if they really want it and you refuse they will not risk their pinkies in your mouth to get it.

Yanking a small clump of hair from your head yields plenty of DNA from the roots.

My brother is a police custody sgt. I'd love to get him on the phone for you but I feel it might be difficult.

Well, its a very bad direction for Britain to head IMO.

Once the DNA of the nation has been locked into some database, who says that it won't be used to profile people by their genetic traits? How secure with that data be? What if marketers get ahold of the data? What if insurers get ahold of that data? What if the military gets the data? What if your enemy's military gets the data?

Yes, there have been many great scientific advances in desconstructing and understanding DNA, but this is one area of science which I fully hold in contempt. I am not a religious man by nature, but I am in agreement with mainstream religion in condemning this. My main reason is that I hold no hope for mankind to use this most intrinsic and personal identity for only good purposes. We are already witnessing the very evil manipulation of our food supply by Monsanta and others.

It's just plain scary and wrong.

so what if anyone gets hold of it? What can it tell you that a plain old mug shot wont? What about the driving licence data base? Enough information there to make alot of decisions, you only need so much.

Really, what would the Iranian army do with a database of British peoples DNA? Laugh? Send us personalised chemical bombs? Select all hayfever suffers and send them flowers?

who is Monsanta?

Don't foget familial matching, it's already been used in the case where a man dropped the brick (he had previously used to break into a car

,cutting himself in the process) onto a lorry from a motorway bridge

If a relation of yours has had a DNA sample taken, they can then track a family.

Hmmm, DNA database... seems fine in an ideal world, but with all the stupid laws being introduced, who knows, they find a rotten banana skin in with the glass recyling, and BAM 20 years in the slam house...

Nu labour are not having my secret code :ph34r:

Edited by denna

so what if anyone gets hold of it? What can it tell you that a plain old mug shot wont? What about the driving licence data base? Enough information there to make alot of decisions, you only need so much.

Really, what would the Iranian army do with a database of British peoples DNA? Laugh? Send us personalised chemical bombs? Select all hayfever suffers and send them flowers?

who is Monsanta?

No idea. Do you mean Monsanto?

Well then you give your DNA. My DNA belongs to me and I choose not to give it.

who is Monsanta?

My understanding is that Monsanto as a big friendly bio-tech company who is trying hard to end world hunger by helping mankind to understand the mysteries of genetically engineered plant food sources. Jolly Bob Shapiro used to be its CEO, but I guess they felt the co. would be better served by a Scotsman revelling in the name Hugh Grant. There is no evidence that this CEO's sexual preferences coincide with those of another equally famous person of the same name, actor Huge Grant.

Monsanto will happily pursue and if necessary, bankrupt any farmer found infringing their patents through seeds which have been blown onto his land from a neighbouring farm. Monsanto are not afaid to sue at the drop of a hat, so all these statements are of course, 'allegedly' with a capital A.

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: