House Price Crash Forum
cashinmattress

Imf To Consider $250 Bln Sdr Plan In June

IMF to consider $250 bln SDR plan in June

WASHINGTON, June 4 (Reuters) - The International Monetary Fund expects to present a proposal for the allocation of $250 billion in IMF Special Drawing Rights to member countries in June, according to a work plan for the Fund on Thursday.

The Group of 20 nations agreed earlier this year to allocate $250 billion in SDRs, the IMF's internal unit of account, to member countries to bolster global liquidity.

"This will be resolved fairly quickly," IMF spokeswoman Caroline Atkinson told a regular news briefing. (Reporting by Lesley Wroughton; Editing by Theodore d'Afflisio)

Hmmm. Member countries eh? Watch this space.

Isn't that a bit like one monopoly bank running out of money, getting somebody to write it IOUs in return for "liquidity"? Surely all this does is maintain the flow of food and essential goods into the countries that are bankrupt, it's hardly going to stimulate demand, but rather act as a life support system. You know you've hit rock bottom when the normal rules of commerce are suspended in favour of falling back on the arbitrage of unelected supranational bodies.

Isn't that a bit like one monopoly bank running out of money, getting somebody to write it IOUs in return for "liquidity"? Surely all this does is maintain the flow of food and essential goods into the countries that are bankrupt, it's hardly going to stimulate demand, but rather act as a life support system. You know you've hit rock bottom when the normal rules of commerce are suspended in favour of falling back on the arbitrage of unelected supranational bodies.

A cynic would think they are playing for time.

All the money they have just printed and still they can't fix it, the blackhole wants to consume more.

with no money

here you go i will give you 250billion of funds i have just created and you can pay me interest on it

tell the IMF take a run and jump

IRS mentioned SDR to me in another thread earlier.

Interesting times....

we WILL have missed something also..........probably.

ah, you mean this one:

RK, just when will you understand that the UK Full Euro is a done deal ? :blink:
unless they skip that step and go straight to SDRs.

ah, you mean this one:

yep...

however, I do think the Euro is fooked in the medium term also though, just turdling will go first. 5 years perhaps for the Euro ??

"Central banks had agreed to “maintain expansionary policies as long as they are needed ;) using the full range of options available to themâ€.

But there would also be an additional $1trillion :o “made available to the world economy through the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and other institutionsâ€, he said.

That would include $250billion in IMF special drawing rights - available to all IMF members"

I had actually forgotten about this tbh until you mentioned it on that other thread.......I remember at the time the blurb from the G20 aftermath looked very ominous regarding QE from all the print-capable-factions.

Surely the full amalgamation of Europe is what they are after though. I suppose it depends on your outlook on the NWO front though on this one. I'm sure you all know where I stand on that one. :rolleyes:

edited - the italics are old, from April btw......so much going on atm, you can forget more than you know sometimes......I need a week off I think.

Edited by grumpy-old-man-returns

what? its STILL a liquidity problem? thats sooooo 2007.

there's so much imminent 'garden leave' in UK politics, someone has to pay for the gnomes and portculli

why not the IMF?