House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mick Dundee

You Ungrateful Set Of ******s

How dare people come onto this website and start putting down Gordon Brown.

He has done more for this country than nearly any before him. You are a ungrateful set of *******s.

From the time he became Chancellor of the Exchequer he has abolished the higher education grant system and fully replaced it with loans. He took huge sums out of the pension system and spent it on the country. He sold off all the countries gold reserves, to raise more money for the public purse. He said there will be no more boom and bust and to be fair there wasnt for 10 years, until America started the financial crisis.

He has worked tirelessly to ensure that the UK can continue two wars around the middle east, without raising income tax. Fuel duty has increased only pennies since he took power.

Waiting list on the NHS have been reduced and hospitals have been built, by whatever means neccesary.

The pension age is still 65 years old.

Many Pensions have since their net wealth increase dramitically since house prices rose through his miracle touch and now enjoy a comfortable retirement in Spain. He has even put pressure on the Spanish to stop its land grab schemes.

We have not joined the Euro and given extra power to the brussls.

So we lose a few civil liberty along the way and become a Police State, with more CCTV cameras in the UK than the rest of the world combined together.

So we have huge amount of National Debt.

So we bail out the banks while leaving businesses to go under, because of a lack of available credit.

So we elect MPs who abuse the expenses system and then casually shrug it off as petty.

So we dont get a vote on the Lisbon Treaty, because we are not trusted enough to give the answer they want to hear.

So what if millions of hard working people are becoming unemployed, repossesed and disenfranchised, at least we have food in bellies and a giro every Wednesday.

I mean could we ask for a better Prime Minister. I think "Yes We Can".

And "No" your not ungrateful for wanting better than this silly man and his pathetic excuse of leadership. I have seen Cat Herders doing a better job of getting their own MPs in line than this poor attempt.

Make your vote count. Vote Today. Go right now.

as one labour supporter said to me at my door when I said I wouldnt vote for them...

shame on you

and anyone who hasnt voted, get out there and vote :)

Guest theboltonfury

He has done more for this country than nearly any before him. You are a ungrateful set of *******s.

From the time he became Chancellor of the Exchequer he has abolished the higher education grant system and fully replaced it with loans. He took huge sums out of the pension system and spent it on the country. He sold off all the countries gold reserves, to raise more money for the public purse. He said there will be no more boom and bust and to be fair there wasnt for 10 years, until America started the financial crisis.

He has worked tirelessly to ensure that the UK can continue two wars around the middle east, without raising income tax. Fuel duty has increased only pennies since he took power.

Waiting list on the NHS have been reduced and hospitals have been built, by whatever means neccesary.

Many Pensions have since their net wealth increase dramitically since house prices rose through his miracle touch and now enjoy a comfortable retirement in Spain. He has even put pressure on the Spanish to stop its land grab schemes.

So we lose a few civil liberty along the way and become a Police State, with more CCTV cameras in the UK than the rest of the world combined together.

So we bail out the banks while leaving businesses to go under, because of a lack of available credit.

So we elect MPs who abuse the expenses system and then casually shrug it off as petty.

So we dont get a vote on the Lisbon Treaty, because we are not trusted enough to give the answer they want to hear.

So what if millions of hard working people are becoming unemployed, repossesed and disenfranchised, at least we have food in bellies and a giro every Wednesday.

And "No" your not ungrateful for wanting better than this silly man and his pathetic excuse of leadership. I have seen Cat Herders doing a better job of getting their own MPs in line than this poor attempt.

I never got a polling card

Guest theboltonfury
Go to the Polling Station with ID, to see if your on the Electorall Register.

Can this be done? Any idea how much ID or what forms would be accepted?

Guest theboltonfury
Go to the Polling Station with ID, to see if your on the Electorall Register.

I should be on the register, I've been paying £120 a month bloody council tax for the past 3 years!!

Guest sillybear2

Don't worry, Gordon and his friends already submitted a postal vote for you.

Labour even does the voting for you... you bunch of ungrateful b****ds!

You don't even need ID - although you may as well take along passport / driver's licence, too.

First lines from the back of mine -

"European Parliamentary Election"

This card is for information only. You can vote without it but it will save you time if you take it to the polling station and show it to the clerk."

You don't even need ID - although you may as well take along passport / driver's licence, too.

Had this a while back, they got really flustered even after explaining "I wasn't sure I was on the register", and started phoning their superiors etc.

Turns out there was no record but nice to see how seriously the electoral workers take it, denying someone a vote seems very serious to them.

Guest theboltonfury
Had this a while back, they got really flustered even after explaining "I wasn't sure I was on the register", and started phoning their superiors etc.

Turns out there was no record but nice to see how seriously the electoral workers take it, denying someone a vote seems very serious to them.

someone should post this where it can be clearly seen on the main forum. There are clearly a few people who thought that no card meant no vote and clearly this isn't the case.

Brown really needs it up him today.

Many persons have seen their net wealth increase dramitically since house prices rose through his miracle touch and now enjoy a comfortable retirement in Spain. He has even put pressure on the Spanish to stop its land grab schemes.

Very amusing and I agree!

Broon oot noo.

I didn't get a polling card and neither did any of my neighbours in the block or left or right!

Solution: you can vote anyway - just take along driving licence (showing a photo) or your passport and a recent utility bill. etc.

I voted this morning using my driving licence.

He sold off all the countries gold reserves, to raise more money for the public purse.

Sorry MD, that is not why he did it.

Please add to your list that in 1997 the awesome one single-handedly saved a major investment bank from ruin,

& hasn't yet gone on trial for treason

He has done more to this country than any before him.

Fixed :).

I should be on the register, I've been paying £120 a month bloody council tax for the past 3 years!!

Council tax and Electorall Roll are not connected or even billed together. You need a Passport or Driving Licence + A recent (3 months or less) Utility bill. Mobile Phone bills are not acceptable. It is at the discretion of the returning officer, whether or not to allow you to vote, even if you are not on the roll at all.

Some try to make out you cannot vote unless you on the register/roll. This used to be the case, but the electorall commision have changed the rules, saying that as long as a person is only voting once and not in multiple constituency and that they can reasonably prove their identity as living in the ward they are voting, that they should not be prevented from doing so, unless the returning officer decides otherwise.

All the chat on reform on politics, what bigger message is there than what the electorate say today? If they serve us, it matters not what they think we want or what they think is best ofr us, it matters what we express in the simple and one dimensional basis - we do not want anyone in Labour making the decisions, we do not want Labour signing the Lisbon agreement without asking us, as promised, what we want ollectively.

we want ollec tively.

Wot?!! - Not the lesbian Latvian activist?

Guest AuntJess

That's Bow'ton for thee! <_<