HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
it will be a better time to buy in 12 months than now

i heard the bit where he said something like 3-5 years until recovery, then he said something like 'thats commercial, residential...positive...12 months' at which point i knocked a footman over trying to get back to the telly to hear what he said but was too late, i'm astounded if he thinks there is likely to be sustained growth in res prop from Q2 2010 - unless he thinks theres catastrophic falls between now and then

i did hear randall say he was sitting on a cushion with the words 'cash is king' on it, or it could have been an old mail sack turned into a cushion

HOLA4415
This wouldn't be the same developer that broke its banking covenants because it didn't see the crash coming would it?

Haha! Most of the developers are shi**ing themselves. Covenants broken all over the place and in debt up to their eyeballs.

HOLA4416

People are entitled to their predictions and should be able to make them without anyone screaming at them. As long as vested interests are open, we can interpret how that may or may not influence their opinion. Everyone cites facts and opinions that suit their argument, and derides anything that doesn't. Personally, I still struggle to see where the money is going to come from to sustain much growth in the housing market.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
People are entitled to their predictions and should be able to make them without anyone screaming at them. As long as vested interests are open, we can interpret how that may or may not influence their opinion. Everyone cites facts and opinions that suit their argument, and derides anything that doesn't. Personally, I still struggle to see where the money is going to come from to sustain much growth in the housing market.

lending dontchaknow.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
Except you, presumably.

What VI could you have in UK property if based in NY?

Hows the market over there btw..

Are you trying to insinuate that Osborne is not actually from New york !! That he is actually from the UK !!

Scandalous.

HOLA4424

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...t&p=1926278

Complete rubbish I have been talking to a housebuilder this afternoon as we have a project they may be interested in. His words "there are no green shoots, no recovery in sight and we are not close to the housing market bottoming out and recovering. We have written off 2010 and 2011."

HOLA4425
then he said something like 'thats commercial, residential...positive...12 months' at which point i knocked a footman over trying to get back to the telly to hear what he said but was too late, i'm astounded if he thinks there is likely to be sustained growth in res prop from Q2 2010 - unless he thinks theres catastrophic falls between now and then

Q2 2010.

Why would that surprise you?

Thats exactly the consensus of most of the bulls, many of the bears, and a lot of the mainstream commentators.