House Price Crash Forum
ralphmalph

Manufacturing Triumph

My brother in law recently bought a Bonneville!

Yes indeed, Triumph is a "British Success Story"! A top quality product.

But it did take one man's ambition ( and money) to get it off the ground, when banks/governernment wern't interested.

I own a speed triple since 2005 when the new one came out, never buying another bike again. Of course that is not good for Triumph but it is truly a great bike.

Seems that Triumph employ about 700 in the UK but a good many people around the world.

I wonder if there'd be a market for something like a 350 or 400 single? I'm sure the Japanese would buy them if they were stylish enough, so would the Europeans. An 80mph, 80mpg fuel injected 350 single would make sense at this time?

I would in normal times probably answer this but I'm more taken by the damp patch on the pillion and whether it was piss or not. I personally like to think not and have a much more happy ending in mind.

...it was more than a damp patch, it was your actual liquid. Kawasaki KH250 seats had a ribbed and slightly knobbly surface texture....but not that knobbly.

Other possible explanations?

...it was more than a damp patch, it was your actual liquid. Kawasaki KH250 seats had a ribbed and slightly knobbly surface texture....but not that knobbly.

Other possible explanations?

She was carrying your pint of lager?

Ill say it again.. the UK is currently the 7th largest manufacturer in the world (Italy and Russia are a fraction ahead of us and a small increase in exports and the UK would be the 5ths largest manufacturer again), see graph belowof the top 7.

The Uk shouldnt knock itself so much, we export billions, and with a smaller population we export more per head than even the big countries!

What is the source of your figures?

According to the CIA, the UK is ranked 9th in the world, and fifth in Europe (about $100bn behind Italy incidentally) .......

On fact is sure, at nearly £90bn per year the current trade deficit is at record levels and by far the worst in Europe.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/th...r/2078rank.html