House Price Crash Forum
Flopsy

"bankers Force Sale" At Wharfside Point South, London

Page 27 of the Property Guide

"Bankers Force Sale!"

at Wharfside Point South over looking Canary Wharf

New 1 bedroom apartments sold up to £377,900 now priced for immediate sale (apartments from) £164,995

New 2 bedroom apartments sold up to £474,600 ........................................................................£ £230,000

"Bankers Force Sale!"

New 1 bedroom apartments sold up to £377,900 now priced for immediate sale (apartments from) £164,995

New 2 bedroom apartments sold up to £474,600 ........................................................................£ £230,000

Yep got that through the post today (dont know how they got my name) - looks like there trying to get out whilst they can. Historically not a bad price for london - but this is telling me that things look to be getting worse.......

Looks like there is also a "Wharfside Point North" and these apartments were offered on a Buy/Rent basis.

Scarey stuff in the small print down the bottom.

"Priced examples had factually exchanged contracts". Poor sods....

Strange how the BBC managed to omit this from its property ramping piece earlier

I drove past this place the other night. Big banners hanging from it including half price rents.

Edited by rover2000

Comeon Hamish, Rinoa and Sibbers, talk this one up...

Better pile in there while you can, don't miss the boat, you'd be a fool not to blah blah blah

Looks like there is also a "Wharfside Point North" and these apartments were offered on a Buy/Rent basis.

Scarey stuff in the small print down the bottom.

"Priced examples had factually exchanged contracts". Poor sods....

Sounds like a failure to complete. (Very, very rare).

I wonder what the back story is?

Has anyone actually seen the building in question? I drove past there recently and was shocked when I realised (a) it was actually a residential building and (B) it's not social housing. It looks like it was designed to resemble a Russian prison. And not really in the best part of town either - Poplar high street is the wrong side of just about every track in the area.

Anyone who actually bought here at list price is demented.

"Bankers Force Sale!"

Hopefully a load of property investers and BTLers have been among the financial casualties here :)

"Bankers Force Sale!"

Even at the discounted prices, you are still looking at £365+ psf (presumably for the flat with the worse view and noise pollution). No bargain here...

Also, the ground rent is described as being between £250 and £350. Is that per MONTH????? It does not say. If it is, I suspect they have cut the price and hiked the ground rent.....

What you can't see from the picture is between the "wharf side" and the building is the DLR lines, an A-road (the A2?), a MacDonalds and a big roundabout. Niice!

I used to work near there in East India. Dump

Even at the discounted prices, you are still looking at £365+ psf (presumably for the flat with the worse view and noise pollution). No bargain here...

How does this compare to the other developments?

Anyone who actually bought here at list price is demented.

Well, if they weren't demented before they certainly will be by now.

Its the second or third week that Galliard have been running these ads. Nothing to add to the posters above - still priced at least 25% over what they are worth

Also, the ground rent is described as being between £250 and £350. Is that per MONTH????? It does not say. If it is, I suspect they have cut the price and hiked the ground rent.....

I would expect the ground rent to be an annual charge. So, for a 1-bedroomed flat, you pay:

(GROUND RENT = £250) + (EST SERVICE CHARGE Approx £2 psf x 465sq = £930)

= £1180

+ Council Tax

+ Mortgage

For a 2-bedroomed flat, you pay:

(GROUND RENT = £350) + (EST SERVICE CHARGE Approx £2 psf x 693sq = £1386)

= £1736

+ Council Tax

+ Mortgage

What could possibly go wrong? :unsure: