House Price Crash Forum

Surprising, didn't they know co-operatives are supposed to be an impeccably run worker's paradise.

Edit to add: If they ran the business more Caerphilly they might Brie profitable.

Edited by Soon Not a Chain Retailer

. Tried knitting yoghurt but that didn't help either. Too busy playing parlour games and in the end couldn't handle the business churn

Don't asda have it's own co-operative of farmers?

Not sure,

asda started off as a co-operative of farmers tho'

Associated Dairies

Doubt walmart who own em have much truck with that sort of thing.

Edited by slurms mackenzie

Don't asda have it's own co-operative of farmers?

ASDA employees say that ASDA stands for "Another Shit Day Ahead".

Farmers for Action president David Handley said the sooner a deal is sorted, the better it will be for the UK dairy industry.

He said: “The quicker the jugular is cut on DFB the better as far as I am concerned. I feel awfully sorry for the producers because there are going to be a lot of producers who are going to struggle to find a new buyer for their milk.

“I think those who have a processor nearby will find a buyer but for some producers in more remote areas, this could be the end for them.

“We need this sorted out as soon as possible, DFB’s constant cutting of milk prices has threatened to send the UK dairy industry into free fall.â€

Keep watching Farmers Guardian for more breaking news on the DFB announcement.

http://www.farmersguardian.com/story.asp?s...storycode=26601

Milk should go up in price then.

I guess they were in the redtop.

partners were skimming the best bits.

they should have grown organically, rather than moowing the directors homes.

In fairness, they do have to serve Asda customers.

Yes, that is true. I shop wherever there is a shop, be it Aldi or Waitrose but I have noticed that ASDA is the most pikey supermarket out there and tend to avoid it like the plague,

Yes, that is true. I shop wherever there is a shop, be it Aldi or Waitrose but I have noticed that ASDA is the most pikey supermarket out there and tend to avoid it like the plague,

Obviously, with work, I trawl round endless different shops. I'II go into Asda in Merthyr Tydfil and be disgusted by the chaviness of it all but, similarly, I'II go into Waitrose in some lah-di-dah area and find it, in contrast, nauseatingly middle class.

Bad management is my guess.

Yes, they bought out Associated Co-op Creameries and paid over the odds then tried to compete against much bigger established players in the liquid milk market......and failed.