House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fishman

Pm's Questions

I thought Cameron would go for the jugular but he gave Brown an easy ride.

Does this mean that he doesn't really want an early GE (despite his limp call for one) and if so for what reason ?

The old cynic in me suggests a pact by the established parties has been agreed to have the election

next year when the expenses furore has ebbed and so guarantee that the established parties will again

be elected to Westminster to maintain the political class status quo.

I also observed that each of the party leaders read the list of soldiers killed in action since the last PMQs.

I don't wish to appear disrespectful but when did this become the norm (I take it not 1915 for example)and is it necessary for the list to be read out 3 times in the space of 30 minutes ?

Brown won that exchange.

Accuses the Tory's of having no substance and no policies. No denail of that by Cameron !!

Why didn't he simply say that if we reveal our policies you steal them,instead he kept asking would Darling be there next week and as everyone has pointed out no primeminister is going to reveal the results of a re shuffle before he's had it.

Bad show by Cameron.

Cameroon sucks so does Brown.

Brown won that exchange.

Accuses the Tory's of having no substance and no policies. No denail of that by Cameron !!

Why didn't he simply say that if we reveal our policies you steal them,instead he kept asking would Darling be there next week and as everyone has pointed out no primeminister is going to reveal the results of a re shuffle before he's had it.

Bad show by Cameron.

+1

Appalling display.

I think je's lost my vote. Him and some offensive Con woman on TV earlier.

I know a lot of Tories and they are ambvialent about Brown going. On the one hand it will mean a General Election in time to nix the Lisbon Treaty (a lot of Tories these days are die hard Eurosceptics even at the highest levels) on the other hand it will mean a less unpopular and more mentally balanced Labour leader and Labour will have to preside another year of economic pain which would have happened whichever party is in power.

So Tories are divided between Eurosceptics and civil libertarians who want Brown to go and to get in as soon as possible and pragmatists who want Brown to stay on and ruin the Labour Party for a generation or more. Cameron is definately a pragmatist.

So either Cameron is having a very bad day, which is a possibility, or he wants Brown to hang on by his bitten fingernails.

(and with the knowledge that more revelations will soon be coming to light)

I thought today was the Telegraph's last day on the story. I'm sure there will be some more leaks and a bit more investigative reporting, but that's likely to be scraps compared to the Telegraph's three week feast.

I was expecting a few more MPs to come under fire, though. Why has Ed Balls escaped?

i cannot understand why PM is allowed to not awnser questions. Its just a travesty.

Q: Will the chancellor still be in his job next week?

A: We are all trying to get through the economic troubles as best we can.... etc etc blah blah....

In any other walk of life that would be contempt or avoiding the issue or anything, but at PM's questions its OK......

roll on the revolution.

Guest theboltonfury
i cannot understand why PM is allowed to not awnser questions. Its just a travesty.

A: We are all trying to get through the economic troubles as best we can.... etc etc blah blah....

In any other walk of life that would be contempt or avoiding the issue or anything, but at PM's questions its OK......

roll on the revolution.

It's getting tiresome just listening to him rehash the same old 'What would the Tories have done about the Banks, about the economy - Nothing' etc

He's right. They don't have to do anything is they just need to sit back and watch General Fcukwit bring it all crash down all by himself.

Does this mean that he doesn't really want an early GE (despite his limp call for one) and if so for what reason ?

The old cynic in me suggests a pact by the established parties has been agreed to have the election

next year when the expenses furore has ebbed and so guarantee that the established parties will again

I also observed that each of the party leaders read the list of soldiers killed in action since the last PMQs.

I don't wish to appear disrespectful but when did this become the norm (I take it not 1915 for example)and is it necessary for the list to be read out 3 times in the space of 30 minutes ?

Cameroon is a clueless tosser as you will find out!

Guest BAREBEAR_soon to be ALIVA

Brown won that exchange.

Bad show by Cameron.

Brown won that exchange.

Bad show by Cameron.

Vince Cable in Sky TV interview: "Cameron was given an opportunity to shoot fish in a barrel and he missed."

I can't disagree.

Guest มร หล&#3
Cameroon is a clueless tosser as you will find out!

Prominent German politician I know thinks not.

Cameron is in no hurry. He wants :-

a. Lisbon ratified and

b. The bulltrap to finish

before the GE.

The subject of Europe is a Tory-killer, the leadership are always caught between their own factions. If Brown ratifies Lisbon, it's not Camerons problem.

Once the next leg of the recession/depression starts, Cameron'll get a bigger majority and also won't look so bad when he starts slashing public spending.

Cameron can challenge Brown on his leadership, but in light of the fact that Cameron and many of the opposition MPs have also had their snouts in the trough (and with the knowledge that more revelations will soon be coming to light) there is only so far he can go with the expenses scandal.

roll on the revolution.

Why should the PM have to answer a question he does not want to? Everyone has the right not to answer questions they don't want. Just because someone asks a question does not mean you have to answer. And the PM has a right surely to make cabinet appointment decision in his own time, not whenever people feel like putting him on the spot.

I reckon Cameron went easy on Brown because they are petrified he will go and that Alan Johnson will replace him and be popular enough in the short term to call a general election.

It's a favourite trick of Brown's: store up the list of recently killed soldiers to read out at a PMQ session at which he expects a rough ride, to try and morally intimidate the opposition into refraining from going for him out of respect for the deceased. In other words, he plays politics with the dead bodies of our soldiers. Just what you'd expect from him, really.

Polls show massive support for Cameron, he wants an election as soon as possible.

If Brown stays it just gets better, but if he goes the Tories will lose some of that lead.

Gordon, just stay man, see it through, chase the great white whale until it drags you into davey jones locker.

imo, yes.

who wants to inherit a country in a huge depression.

Better to get it after the real bad stuff has happened.

That's why I & others keep saying this will get much, much worse.

imo, yes.

who wants to inherit a country in a huge depression.

Better to get it after the real bad stuff has happened.

That's why I & others keep saying this will get much, much worse.

If there was a general election tomorrow there'd be 100 plus independants in parliament.

not good for Call me Dave" and his bilderberg mates.