House Price Crash Forum

Call To Make Mmr Jab Compulsory

HOLA441
HOLA442

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8078500.stm

A former chairman of the British Medical Association is calling for the MMR jab to be made compulsory.

Public health expert Sir Sandy Macara believes children should not be able to go to school unless they have first been vaccinated.

Sir Sandy has submitted a motion for debate at the annual BMA conference later this month.

Uptake of the MMR vaccine fell sharply after controversial research wrongly linked it to a raised risk of autism.

One in four children under five has not had both MMR injections, which are needed to give full protection against measles, mumps and rubella.

New Labourism doesn't end with New Labour. Private companies subject their employees to the same mind-numbing spin. Technocrats demand access to people lives, even to their bodies to force them to do things they may otherwise not.

HOLA443
Guest anorthosite
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8078500.stm

New Labourism doesn't end with New Labour. Private companies subject their employees to the same mind-numbing spin. Technocrats demand access to people lives, even to their bodies to force them to do things they may otherwise not.

If people weren't so f**king stupid they wouldn't have to. This MMR scare is just a bloody big farce.

HOLA444
Guest X-QUORK

I'm not a fan of the State being too imposing on the individual, but when it comes to matters of life and death I'm more relaxed. The MMR vaccination relies on herd immunity, so the 20% of unvaccinated kids are endangering the other 80% who have had the vaccination. That, IMO, is unaccceptable.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
Guest X-QUORK
dont the jabs contain mercury though? i wouldnt want to put them in my kid

i'd give them the polio one only

There is no Mercury in MMR jabs.

Ethylmercury is present in some vaccines in a compound called thiomersal. It is used in some vaccines to keep the vaccine free of contamination. It has been used in vaccines for over 60 years and has played an important role in maintaining vaccine safety. There is no thiomersal in MMR.

MMR - The facts

HOLA448
I'm not a fan of the State being too imposing on the individual, but when it comes to matters of life and death I'm more relaxed. The MMR vaccination relies on herd immunity, so the 20% of unvaccinated kids are endangering the other 80% who have had the vaccination. That, IMO, is unaccceptable.

Agree - let's isolate TB cases too (and kill infected badgers, deer etc as well as cattle).

HOLA449

This isn't true. When children have the MMR they are protected against the disease; it's the 20% who don't have the injection who are at risk. The biggest problem is for those children who, through underlying medical conditions, are unable to have the MMR jab and are, therefore, even more susceptible to dying from measles caught from one of the children who was not vaccinated.

Whilst I am in favour of the MMR vaccination and have had all my kids vaccinated I think the BMA are as bad as NuLabour in the fascist stakes of trying to force people into their narrow-minded way of thinking. Aside from my philosophical point-of-view I think this is undoubtedly the wrong approach. Part of the anti-MMR problem was caused by Labour's heavy-handed "We know what's best for you. don't trouble your heads with it" attitude.

HOLA4410

The MMR jab may be safe now they have remove the MERCURY from it. Who the F*ck thinks injecting a poisonous metal into babies was safe.

Many peoples lives have been ruined by the old MMR jab. If you saw your child change the very day they had the jab you would believe it too. Thousands of parents saw it but have been ignored. Blaming the MMR wasn't just picked out of thin air.

You can believe its safe you want to believe those that lie. (CJD,WMD etc etc...)

HOLA4411
Guest X-QUORK
The MMR jab may be safe now they have remove the MERCURY from it. Who the F*ck thinks injecting a poisonous metal into babies was safe.

They used to think you'd suffocate at speeds higher than 25mph too.

Please provide reference to the evidence showing thiomersal to be hazardous.

HOLA4412
Guest X-QUORK
This isn't true. When children have the MMR they are protected against the disease; it's the 20% who don't have the injection who are at risk.

I believe this is incorrect. It is possible for a small number of children who have been vaccinated with MMR to contract measles if the population vaccinated falls below something like 90%. Herd immunity relies on a high percentage of the population being vaccinated, otherwise it isn't fully effective.

I'm not a medical professional, but I'm reasonably sure this to be the case.

Is there a doctor in the house?

Edit:

Qualified that this only applies to small numbers.

HOLA4413
Guest AuntJess
If people weren't so f**king stupid they wouldn't have to. This MMR scare is just a bloody big farce.

I think that there has been considerable research into this and anecdotally I have access to details.

OK here goes. Once upon a time - like in my kid's day( they are now 40 and 37) - they gave these injections singly, over a period of time, to give the infant's developing immune system a chance to deal with each one. Then, eureka! It costs LESS to give 'em all at once, so let's bung it to 'em, and I suppose in many cases it can be seen to be alright.

But there is a minority - those who have immune system problems in the family - like eczema, asthma etc. who will react badly. After all, if an infant is bombarded with THREE vaccines all at one go, how can their system be expected to cope? They don't give kids full strength milk and foods are slowly introduced to them. but vaccines...Hey, That's OK - did I mention that it's cheaper?

In research into drugs, they don't - or should I say, did not used to - allow drugs 'thru the net', that have extreme reactions to even a minority of the sample tested.But they are refusing to look at all the aspects of this, pretending that autism is the only problem and, being able to sorta dispute that, they say it is safe...did I mention that it is cheaper?

I say sorta, as despite priding themselves on scientific rigour, the medical profession frequently dispense with the "scientific method" when they want to do summat. :rolleyes:

To my knowledge, there have been no tests comparingthe subsequent health of infants given the 3 serums seperately, and those given them all together at the same time. Only that way can you seen whether it is safe. Saying that only such and such a percent get autism etc. is not really good enough....but it is cheaper. <_<

Off topic but very relevant in sofar as cutting corners - medically - is concerned, I'd like to share my tale of my hubby's prostate cancer.

11 years ago he was told he had a benign growth in his prostate, which they would treat with a hot wire, which would burn away the offending tissue. It did not need a general anaesthetic( cheap) and hospital stay was 4 days instad of the 10 needed when the prostate gland was removed - as it once used to be in such cases of benign growth.(Soooo, cheap again)

He was however assured that THIS method was the best and was not as risky as the prostate gland removal.So he had it sorted and things were ok until 10 years down the line, when he developed prostate cancer. This was treated with an injection of an androgen, which Canadian researchers have since found advances the instance of dementia. He also had radio therapy, which nearly killed him and he had to spend 4 weeks in hospital.

Compare his fate to one of his inlaws, who had the same benign prostate condition as he, but was a member of BUPA. HE had his prostate removed at the outset, and did not subsequently get prostate cancer 10 years later, as you can't get cancer in summat that is no longer there. :rolleyes:

In law said that they removed the gland to prevent the occurrence of cancer, as there seems to be a teendency for it to return and return in a non-benign form.He also remarked that the NHS method IS cheaper as they don't have enough skilled staff to do the prostectomy(?). Begs the question where do BUPA get the skilled staff? They all train under the NHS, don't they? they certainly don't fund themselves. <_<

So lads, if you get owt up with your prostate, go for the op. You'll most likely end up with a better quality of life than my OH now has.

I now take NHS edicts with a pinch of salt... bet you can't imagine why, as in addition to that little fiasco, I would have a son in a wheelchair and a dead daughter, if I had heeded the initial advice given me. ALWAYS seek a 2nd opinion - it may save your life. :ph34r:

HOLA4414
I think that there has been considerable research into this and anecdotally I have access to details.

OK here goes. Once upon a time - like in my kid's day( they are now 40 and 37) - they gave these injections singly, over a period of time, to give the infant's developing immune system a chance to deal with each one. Then, eureka! It costs LESS to give 'em all at once, so let's bung it to 'em, and I suppose in many cases it can be seen to be alright.

But there is a minority - those who have immune system problems in the family - like eczema, asthma etc. who will react badly. After all, if an infant is bombarded with THREE vaccines all at one go, how can their system be expected to cope? They don't give kids full strength milk and foods are slowly introduced to them. but vaccines...Hey, That's OK - did I mention that it's cheaper?

In research into drugs, they don't - or should I say, did not used to - allow drugs 'thru the net', that have extreme reactions to even a minority of the sample tested.But they are refusing to look at all the aspects of this, pretending that autism is the only problem and, being able to sorta dispute that, they say it is safe...did I mention that it is cheaper?

I say sorta, as despite priding themselves on scientific rigour, the medical profession frequently dispense with the "scientific method" when they want to do summat. :rolleyes:

To my knowledge, there have been no tests comparingthe subsequent health of infants given the 3 serums seperately, and those given them all together at the same time. Only that way can you seen whether it is safe. Saying that only such and such a percent get autism etc. is not really good enough....but it is cheaper. <_<

This arguement has already been thoroughly debunked, the daily load on your immune system is hundreds of times higher than from the deactivated virus (or partsof) used in vacines. Multiple jabs are less effective (simply because of the difficulty to get people to attend 3,4 or 5 appointments) so less safe.

Likewise the autism link has been proven not to exisist, but of course this has no effect on the type of people who will believe one scaremonger rather than the large body of evidence. No doubt to many, the fact that test results from across the globe prove there is no link will just prove the existance of a global conspiracy to hide the truth.

HOLA4415
Guest AuntJess
This arguement has already been thoroughly debunked, the daily load on your immune system is hundreds of times higher than from the deactivated virus (or partsof) used in vacines. Multiple jabs are less effective (simply because of the difficulty to get people to attend 3,4 or 5 appointments) so less safe.

Likewise the autism link has been proven not to exisist, but of course this has no effect on the type of people who will believe one scaremonger rather than the large body of evidence. No doubt to many, the fact that test results from across the globe prove there is no link will just prove the existance of a global conspiracy to hide the truth.

Oh have they really? <_<

What about asthma, arthritis, etc. I know of kids who have started with these shortly after the MMR. One kid was on NSAIDs for arthritis from being a year old! she is still on them now aged nine and her dad worries about it, as well he bluddy might. she also has a stomach ulcer due to the arthritis drugs. :(

HOLA4416
Guest AuntJess

Why don't they give the one at a time, like they once did? Autism was virtually unheard of 40 years ago. Why do parents now have to pay PRIVATELY for the 3 single injections, huh? I did not, 30 odd years ago.

Why did Tony B. not tell us whether his son had had the MMR? Couldn't be 'cos he has THREE separate ones, could it? :rolleyes:

HOLA4417
Guest X-QUORK
Why don't they give the one at a time, like they once did? Autism was virtually unheard of 40 years ago. Why do parents now have to pay PRIVATELY for the 3 single injections, huh? I did not, 30 odd years ago.

I'm 40 and they didn't give us any measles or mumps vaccinations at all, think you might be mistaken AJ.

HOLA4418
Guest AuntJess
I'm 40 and they didn't give us any measles or mumps vaccinations at all, think you might be mistaken AJ.

P'raps I am. :( I was going off the remembrance that my kids only ever had single vaccines.

Another area of senility uncovered. :unsure:

There WAS a time when they did not combine these drugs, I am sure. Maybe I am remembering my nieces and nephews events, they are younger than mine.

HOLA4419

so it's alright to fill your kids up on steriod-filled,chemically enhanced, genetically molested food,as long as you have a vaccine to cover it??

this stuff is like STD's,if you don't want them then the best solution is not to put yourself at risk in the first place.

we do still retain that element of personal choice don't we?

The state needs to butt out.

we could get better results on the STD front by not paying chavs to pop sprogs out at will,we can do likewise with medicine.

even something as simple as steaming vegetables rather than shoving them in the microwave will give you a higher level of nutrition and provide you with a better base to fight infection.

HOLA4420

Why did Tony B. not tell us whether his son had had the MMR? Couldn't be 'cos he has THREE separate ones, could it? :rolleyes:

Agreed. However how many cases existed, but went undiagnosed.

One of my mother's friends has a daughter who a lot of people think has Aspergers. She has never been diagnosed with an ASD, but yet she displays what are now considered classic characteristics. She is young enough to have received a single Measles vaccination as a child, but far too old to have received MMR.

X-QUORK if the anecdotals I have for Mumps after MMR are anything to go by, then yes there will be a percentage of those vaccinated who are not immune to Measles.

HOLA4421
Guest X-QUORK
so it's alright to fill your kids up on steriod-filled,chemically enhanced, genetically molested food,as long as you have a vaccine to cover it??

Ummm no? Where did I state that it is and what has it got to do with the MMR discussion?

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
Guest AuntJess
Agreed. However how many cases existed, but went undiagnosed.

One of my mother's friends has a daughter who a lot of people think has Aspergers. She has never been diagnosed with an ASD, but yet she displays what are now considered classic characteristics. She is young enough to have received a single Measles vaccination as a child, but far too old to have received MMR.

X-QUORK if the anecdotals I have for Mumps after MMR are anything to go by, then yes there will be a percentage of those vaccinated who are not immune to Measles.

The thing that I find worrying is that politicians insist it's OK - much like the mad cow thingy - plus the people I have encountered whose kids got asthma/ arthritis etc. AFTER having the first of that jab.

:( Also why did not Tony B come clean and say, my son has had the triple? I suspect he had the 3 separately, like a friend of my daughter's did.

My daughter did not give her daughter the jabs, but now she is out of infancy would be more willing to do it.

Weird innit? I never had measles but my sister did. She had everything going - scarlet fever, yellow jaundice etc. ( in those days you went into an'isolation hospital for such diseases and she did).We did sleep in the same room whilst she was 'incubating' tho'! :o

HOLA4425
Guest AuntJess

this stuff is like STD's,if you don't want them then the best solution is not to put yourself at risk in the first place.

we do still retain that element of personal choice don't we?

The state needs to butt out.

we could get better results on the STD front by not paying chavs to pop sprogs out at will,we can do likewise with medicine.

even something as simple as steaming vegetables rather than shoving them in the microwave will give you a higher level of nutrition and provide you with a better base to fight infection.

On the note of personal responsibility: I am aghast that people are so dirty as regards hand-washing and toilets :o . when I travel and stop in Mway services, I see all sorts of slapdash behaviour. rinsing the ends of fingers under a lukewarm tap then exiting the place. <_< I sprained my little finger, as I used it to open loo doors and doors OUT of the place. I always carry wipes in the car to wipe my hands after I leave public buildings - before eating food. I have seen some disgusting habits. :angry:

Archived