House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thecrashingisles

Guardian Calls On Brown To Go

Gordon-Brown_567517a.jpg

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/20...on-brown-labour

Vote against Labour this Thursday and he surely won't be able to cling on. In those circumstances the pressure for a General Election will be overwhelming and we could be spared another year of New Labour.

Sigh.... it wouldn't matter it all 60 million of us demanded he go, he can stay for another year AND HE WILL.

All the MPs will hang onto power as long as they can.

His own party wont call a vote of no confidence as if they force an election they'de lose their seats too and turkeys don't vote for christmas.

Sigh.... it wouldn't matter it all 60 million of us demanded he go, he can stay for another year AND HE WILL.

His own party wont call a vote of no confidence as if they force an election they'de lose their seats too and turkeys don't vote for christmas.

I don't think he can.

Gordon-Brown_567517a.jpg

Vote against Labour this Thursday and he surely won't be able to cling on. In those circumstances the pressure for a General Election will be overwhelming and we could be spared another year of New Labour.

Doesn't our Gordididdums employ somebody to stop shots like this getting into the wild?

I don't think he can.

He will try of course.

There is a constitutional crisis . . . all MPs are discredited, some my say despised. This daily 'stepping down' of MPs and Ministers is bordering on farce. Almost all our elected representatives, disgraced and knowing they will be deselected or booted out at the earliest opportunity, are lame ducks.

We don't have a credible assembly at this time.

The call for an election should be irresistible, but I am not hopeful.

Gordon-Brown_567517a.jpg

Is someone trying to make his face look like more of an **** than it already does?

Ok I will spell it wrongly for you, @rse

Aren't they due to ratify the Lisbon treaty later this year, so they have to cling on for dear life until then?

Somat like that anyway.

I read this in Labourlist.org. It read like they were armed forces discussing tactics, not democratic politics.

The call for an election should be irresistible, but I am not hopeful.

It's resistible, basically because the unwritten constitution, Labour's leadership election rules and the vested interests of backbench Labour MPs enable him to resist pretty much anything short of an armed insurrection.

The Guardian's VI is for Labour to remain in power (for one thing, I suspect that one of the first gravy trains Cameron will derail is all those public sector job ads that must net hundreds of thousands for each issue - a typical 3 by 2 inches job ad costs around £6k), and so they clearly believe that that won't happen if Brown remains the leader, i.e. the only even remote chance Labour has of winning the next general election is under another leader. But the bottom line is that I don't think Gordon will care, and I don't think his party will have the guts to heed their favourite newspaper's warning, and do what is necessary to oust him.

Guest sillybear2

If this means bearded sandle wearing muesli munching Guardian types are worried about their non-jobs then I hope Brown stays for as long as possible. They tried to oust him last year before he 'saved the world', and things have gotten so much better for him since then, one can only imagine the delights another 12 months would bring, civil war? :lol:

If you haven't seen this film I suggest do :-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_for_Vendetta_(film)

haha

The prime minister is now receiving half-hourly updates from Boyle's doctors at the Priory Clinic and has had a CCTV camera installed in her bedroom so he can watch over her as she sleeps.

Is someone trying to make his face look like more of an **** than it already does?

Ok I will spell it wrongly for you, @rse

Is it just me or do him and Susan Boyle share an uncanny resemblance? They could be brother and sister :blink:

Guest KingCharles1st
Trevor Kavanagh on Radio 5 now saying there he is aware of a coup in the Labour party and Brown will have GONE by the end of next week. He is certain.

Will it be easier to track him down and fire water pistols full of snot at him once he is no longer Prime Minister?

Guest KingCharles1st
:lol:

What a useless knut.

Gordon Brown phones Cowell to check up on Susan Boyle

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol...icle6404661.ece

Gordon Brown revealed today that he had phoned two of the judges from the TV show Britain's Got Talent to check up on the singer Susan Boyle after her admission to a clinic in north London last night.

"Hi Susan.."

"Ooohh tra lalalalalalal whooo iiis iiit?"

"It's Gordon- remember, I called you the other day"

"Oohhh hey everybody- I got the Prime Minister on the fone AGAIN!" tralalalalala warble etc

"Errrrrrr- remember after you lost Susan, who was it exactly that got you into that clinic? Do you have their number...?"

Trevor Kavanagh on Radio 5 now saying there he is aware of a coup in the Labour party and Brown will have GONE by the end of next week. He is certain.
Its every man/woman for themselves now

all these MP's who have announced they are standing down are powerless

The Labour party is powerless

they need an election now or the calls for by elections will be overwhelming

If they go at a General election they get to claim their extra years salary

If they go at a by election they don't

They will do the RIGHT thing for them and their pockets

Brown is FINISHED!

PMQ's should be fun today !!

Not if the Queen asks him to dissolve parliament, and if the Monarchy ever needed to take such an act its now

Guest sillybear2

What a useless knut.

Gordon Brown revealed today that he had phoned two of the judges from the TV show Britain's Got Talent to check up on the singer Susan Boyle after her admission to a clinic in north London last night.

Somebody should section Brown too, then he can ask how Susan is doing personally.

Aren't they due to ratify the Lisbon treaty later this year, so they have to cling on for dear life until then?

Somat like that anyway.

I read this in Labourlist.org. It read like they were armed forces discussing tactics, not democratic politics.

You've hit the nail on the head there.

El Gordo won't be allowed to go (and risk forcing the election) - Merkel won't let him. (She who flew over for a special discussion when he became PM and just before he bottled calling an election).

Problem is that Cameron has explicitly stated he will call for a referendum on the EU constitution (treaty my @rse) BUT ONLY if it's not already been ratified by all member states... so, the Irish are being given a second chance to 'get the right answer' in October, then it'll be down to pressure on the Czechs (and although Vaclav Claus is a strong sceptic, I think eventually he'll cave) thus letting Cameron off the hook.

All this goes tits up if there's an election in the meantime of course - Cameron will have to honour his promise (and he recent parliamentary call for a referendum is just a smokescreen - he knows it'll never get passed, he's just trying to get votes on June 4th from those that would otherwise defect to ukip/bnp) - UKIP voters - DO NOT FALL FOR IT. if he wanted to let the people decide, why has he not stated that in anytime in the last few years.... Moreover, take a look at the bilderburg 2009 invite list - a certain Mr G. Osbourne ... who he?

All these little side issues - like expenses - are just that, tiny in comparison to the waste, and blatant thieving that goes on in the EU, it really is peanuts (not that that makes it acceptable). But whilst it's going on, no one is talking about the rather large EU elephant in the room!

How bizarre that the fate of our nation now resides with the Irish? Well bless their little leprechaun socks, if they have the courage to vote 'no' again, i'll love them forever and never buy anything other than guinness again. I'll even purchase the DVD boxset of Balykissangel and force myself to watch every episode.

Also, though I love the idea of her Maj doing the decent thing and putting El Gordo out of his misery, I just don't see it happening... - She had her chance before, but she went ahead and put her name to Lisbon, despite the promises she made in her coronation oath. Shame really 50+ years of full service to the nation, then she goes and throws it all away. Lizzy, if you're reading this, you've got one chance left to save your legacy... you know what to do!

What a useless knut.

:lol: Also check out:

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/celebri...r-200906021795/

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politics/pol...t-200906031799/