House Price Crash Forum
HAMISH_MCTAVISH

Mortgage Lending Improving, Better Rates, Better Ltv

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/persona...r-mortgage.html

As predicted, mortgage deals are getting noticably better as funding increases to the market.

Margins decreasing below 2%, best buys now available for 25% deposits instead of 40%, and the numbers of products available for 90%, and even 95% borrowers is also slowly increasing.

Criteria being loosened, competition returning.

Fantastic news.

Wait for the usual comments. Blah Blah, bull trap, blah blah can't be true, blah blah VI propaganda.

And the most famous of all

See below :lol::lol:

Why was the last line not worthy of bold attention..... :rolleyes:

As predicted, mortgage deals are getting noticably better as funding increases to the market.

Margins decreasing below 2%, best buys now available for 25% deposits instead of 40%, and the numbers of products available for 90%, and even 95% borrowers is also slowly increasing.

Fantastic news.

Mmm lovely teaser tracker rates - remember at the height of the boom trackers were below base rate - theyll be quids in when interest rates start to rise. For an more accurate indication of where banks think interest rates are going look at fixed rates and LTV. looks like they still want 40% deposit for a 3 year fix at 4.89%.

The delusion is strong in them, as you rightly point out.

This is very significant news. I predicted this months ago, that as QE fed liquidity into the system between May and Sept, access to funding would improve, banks would start to compete, and margins would decline/LTV's improve.

At the time, the bears denied such a thing would happen, claiming QE wouldn't work, banks would take years to rebuild their balance sheets, the state of lending at the time was actually a "return to normal", 90% mortgages wouldnt return, etc etc etc.....

As usual, the bears were wrong.

You were doing OK until the last sentence.

If you do your research, you might just find that at least one bear was right on at least one occasion. :rolleyes:

I, myself, have recently saved a friend quite a lot of money and anxiety in the past couple of years, all due to my bearishness. I got that right, so there.

It would have been interesting if you had been here in the lead up to the collapse of Northern Rock & B&B. Plenty of bears correctly predicting what was going to happen (did you see that coming Hamish ?). Not right all of the time, that is true, but your last statement is very wrong.

Predictable, isn't it? :lol:

They'd rather wallow in gloom. I actually think they may be mentally ill. Depression is a disease, yet they seem to enjoy it.... :blink:

Have you enjoyed people getting in to enormous, life melting debt?

Where do you think the gloom currently, REALLY lies?

With the now unemployed, Johnny Punchclock, who believed in your version of utopia?

Or someone on here who is debt free and sensible, who is better placed to ride any rabbit punch that the meglomaniac Brown will pull from the hat next?

Go on, tell me who's feeling worse right now on June 3rd 2009.

Much of HPC is geared towards genuine bewilderment for people about to make the biggest mistake of their lives, driven to the cliff edge by utter VI toads like you

******ing Lizard. <_<

Youre a hateful self aggrandising clown.

The Co-operative Bank is offering a three year tracker at 2.39 per cent, which is 1.89 over the Bank of England Bank Rate.

It is available to those looking to borrow up to 75 per cent of the value of their property and has a £995 application fee.

The deal goes to the top of the best buy tables with experts saying lenders are beginning to loosen their lending criteria amid falls in the cost of wholesale funding to their customers.

Darren Cook, of personal finance website Moneyfacts.co.uk, said: "Lenders are getting down to business and we are getting competition back in the mortgage market."

The number of different mortgages available for people with only a 10 per cent deposit has risen to 77 from 71 during May, according to Moneyfacts.

It said there are now six deals for people with a deposit of just 5 per cent, up from five at the beginning of the month.

However, while lenders are beginning to loosen their lending criteria, the average rates charged remain high, remaining at 4.63 per cent for the average two-year fixed rate deal and 3.76 per cent for the average two-year tracker.

Fantastic news.

Edited by HAMISH_MCTAVISH

Fantastic news.

Tracker.

Ha ha ha ha

twit.

Got a flyer through the post this morning from A & L offering me a 4 & 5 year fixed mortgage at 4.69 & 4.89% respectively.

Not bad rates for 4 or 5 years peace of mind, but best of all no product fee whatsoever

75% LTV

Fantastic news.

So does this mean you have altered your calculations on how much someone has 'lost' by not buying at peak in Aberdeen?

It said there are now six deals for people with a deposit of just 5 per cent, up from five at the beginning of the month.

wow , how many mortgages that needed only 5% deposit or less 2 years ago .... 100 , 200 , 300 ? ....pathetic :rolleyes:

Whilst I am not a bull on this issue, I think anyone calling this guy a twit for pointing out that some lenders have reduced their margins are deluding themselves... trackers with a margin of less than 2% have not been available for months... margins on fixed rates have also reduced , LTV's are just begining to relax a little as well.... I'm not predicting a return to 2007 lending levels anytime soon BUT to try and deny that products appear to be showing signs of getting a little more competitive is to delude only yourself.

Fantastic news.

Yawn... :rolleyes:

How many more of these threads about increasing mortgage lending are you going to post? :unsure:

Wait for the usual comments. Blah Blah, bull trap, blah blah can't be true, blah blah VI propaganda.

And the most famous of all

See below :lol::lol:

They'd rather wallow in gloom. I actually think they may be mentally ill. Depression is a disease, yet they seem to enjoy it.... :blink:

Fantastic news.

Yes, more lending now prices. are lower, just as I predicted. And you don't even have Spline's graph to fall back on to claim prices will stabilise and start rising again!

Depression is a sustained, long downturn in one or more economies.

Hope this clarifies things for you.

Well if you are enjoying it - then you can hardly describe, whatever it is, as depression. ;)

Why no one thinking of all the job losses, shrinking gdps.

Few of my friends with quite good/decent skills are finding real difficult to finding jobs, they are not getting any interviews.

And the ones who are in jobs, are in constant fear of redundancies.

Also many times people are commiting to buy the house, but run away at later stage and thats happening alot.

Bulls/EAs, you guys must be very keen to reply to some these points.

Whilst I am not a bull on this issue, I think anyone calling this guy a twit for pointing out that some lenders have reduced their margins are deluding themselves... trackers with a margin of less than 2% have not been available for months... margins on fixed rates have also reduced , LTV's are just begining to relax a little as well.... I'm not predicting a return to 2007 lending levels anytime soon BUT to try and deny that products appear to be showing signs of getting a little more competitive is to delude only yourself.

Very true.

There are many signs out there pointing out the economy is turning a corner. These would not have happened otherwise.

Most here will just go blindly in denying them rather than admit things are looking up.

A bit like sheeple mentality if you ask me.

The delusion is strong in them, as you rightly point out.

This is very significant news. I predicted this months ago, that as QE fed liquidity into the system between May and Sept, access to funding would improve, banks would start to compete, and margins would decline/LTV's improve.

At the time, the bears denied such a thing would happen, claiming QE wouldn't work, banks would take years to rebuild their balance sheets, the state of lending at the time was actually a "return to normal", 90% mortgages wouldnt return, etc etc etc.....

As usual, the bears were wrong.

They'd rather wallow in gloom.

I fail to understand how one of human-kind's most basic needs becoming more affordable can be seen as gloomy.

For me and many other people, if the ar$e fell out of the housing market it would be fantastic news because i could actually buy a house without a life sentence of debt.

Very true.

There are many signs out there pointing out the economy is turning a corner. These would not have happened otherwise.

Most here will just go blindly in denying them rather than admit things are looking up.

A bit like sheeple mentality if you ask me.

No one is asking you! :lol: