House Price Crash Forum

I like FP, and can tell you he is alive and well, running his financial advice firm. I still get his newsletter sent to me from time to time.

Anyway, he gave up on this place because it has unfortunately become filled with brandead idiots like the poster above me.

It's like house price crash suddenly became the in thing and attracted a crowd of undesirables.

I like FP, and can tell you he is alive and well, running his financial advice firm. I still get his newsletter sent to me from time to time.

Anyway, he gave up on this place because it has unfortunately become filled with brandead idiots like the poster above me.

It's like house price crash suddenly became the in thing and attracted a crowd of undesirables.

1) Learn how to spell.

2) I speak the truth regarding my above post. Someone who remembers the last time he was on Sky News will agree.

3) You are FP and I claim my £5.

Edited by Eiji

1) Learn how to spell.

2) I speak the truth regarding my above post. Someone who remembers the last time he was on Sky News will agree.

3) You are FP and I claim my �5.

1) It was a typo fukwit

2) I find that hard to believe. I've spoken to FP for articles i've written before, he is very intelligent and articulate, and knows his subject matter, and his clients think highly of him.

3) shove it

1) It was a typo fukwit

2) I find that hard to believe. I've spoken to FP for articles i've written before, he is very intelligent and articulate, and knows his subject matter, and his clients think highly of him.

3) shove it

Very mature. Now who's the braindead idiot again? :lol:

What happened to him. Wasn't he some kind of media figurehead? Hope he is OK.

No need to be rude about Financial Planner.

He was stunningly accurate in his, at the time very unusual, predictions of a HPC, back in 2006, and earlier. He was one of the main reasons I sold my house in 2006.

Sadly he received a lot of flack on the site, or so I understand.

This site is much the poorer for his relinquishing his role as HPC spokesperson, although I completely understand.

Come back FP, we miss you.

Very mature. Now who's the braindead idiot again? :lol:

You're exactly the type of idiot i'm tired with on this forum. Can't actually talk about house prices or the economics behind them, so just start being pedantic about other people's posts, or ranting about the BBC being biased or some other pointless drivel and have absolutely no new insights to offer.

What happened to him. Wasn't he some kind of media figurehead? Hope he is OK.

He's still got it:

http://armstrong-test.s3.amazonaws.com/int...rket_270509.pdf

John Davis, property commentator and managing director of financial planning company Davis and Armstrong, said people

should be careful when they see what appear to be queues for property. “Everyone and his dog is trying to talk up the market so that people again feel panicked that they should get back on to the ladder,†he said. “Someone ill-informed and looking at this picture on face value might think there is going to be a V-shaped recovery. “The reality is that there is very

little demand for property in the north of Ireland because people do not have the money. “We all want to live in beautiful

homes but unless you’ve got money behind you then you can’t buy them.â€

He make some irresponsible and wildly inaccurate stock market predictions. Than he couldn't take the flak he received as a result. That's my memory of it.

If the same went for everyone here then it'd be empty.... bye bye all the peak oil merchants.... bye bye all the gold's going through the roof merchants... bye bye all the there is no commodities bubble merchants.... is now a good moment to say bye bye to all those house prices will crash by 50% merchants as well ?

I wouldn't ctirque FP's stock market predictions wrong though some of were perhaps, I am sure he was no more wrong than those I quote above... or indeed those who predicted a house market crash in 2005.

When Northern Ireland was at the peak of its bubble we had no one to stand up to the VIs who insisted it could never stop.

Financial Planner stood up for us and went on TV to be mocked for his predictions and has now been vindicated. He still appears in the media over here supporting us - so he's a good friend to us.

+1

people who berate fp should ask themselves whether they would have the kahunas to stick their head above the internet forum anonymity parapet - i know i wouldn't

you are always welcome on nihpc fp

+1

people who berate fp should ask themselves whether they would have the kahunas to stick their head above the internet forum anonymity parapet - i know i wouldn't

you are always welcome on nihpc fp

Spot on , FP's interviews on Nolan's TV and Radio shows in Northern Ireland are brilliant and brought home to alot of non HPC types just how mad our bubble was.

Your always welcome in Belfast FP ;)

He was a good friend of this site, and championed HPC when everyone thought he was just a doom-monger.

We no longer have a media spokesman, and I for one would welcome FP back.

Last seen today:

HERE

I think Sibley was voted the official new spokesman though

I get the impression that Sibley has been de-selected, and has decided to spend more time with his family.

His profile in the drinking holes of Maidstone may be high, but elsewhere he's as hard to find at the moment as an Irishman in Roumania.

Edited by juvenal

I think Sibley was voted the official new spokesman though

Bizarrely, you are correct.

Productivity is much lower than FP's though.

Everytime he comes on to post a ton of people criticise and take the pi$$. not surprised he has cut down his posting.

With regard to being the spokesman, i seem to remember someone threatening to report him to authorities and getting his licence pulled. there are some total wallies on here sometimes