House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

leddy1000

What To Do?

hello

i am very soon going to have to claim job seekers allowance.

my question is

my sister has £67000 she has been saving towards a deposit,£50000 of it is an interest free loan from her company.

because of the u.k bank £50000 compensation scheme she decided it was wise to move the £17000 above the £50000 into another account,which ended up being my savings account.

now i may need to claim job seekers allowance,this may have been a bad move.

i will prob have to claim in the next couple of weeks,so dont have time to move it back out,as this would show up on my current account statement

i understand that when claiming i would have to show details of my account,like a last three months statement etc.

as you may see,i now have this £17000 which isnt mine in a savings account with the same bank i have my current account with

so im wondering-can i just show them my current account statement and details?

which only has a few hundred in it,or will they be able to track down my savings account?do they need extra permission or can they just ask my bank is there any linked accounts to my current account? etc

stupid to have got into this situation

also,whats the chances of them believing it is my sisters money?think i read that my sisters money or not,they will still look on it as my savings?

should i just declare my current account?can/will they check further?

sorry,that was very long winded,i know

thanks for yere help