House Price Crash Forum

Are The Bulls Real?

HOLA441
Why what is going to happen in a month?

Eveything else in my post before and after the line you questionned.

Circle......circle.....circle

Peck.....peck....peck

Edited by sbn

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
I find it amazing that the organised trolling of this site has only just recently started to happen.

The time to change sentiment has passed trolls.

As has your spring bounce

And your bull trap

You have about 1 month before you will have to get back under your bridges

Which should co-incide nicely with your sad little Estate Agencies going out of business and .......

Then I can start picking the flesh from your decaying BTL "portfolios"

For a home

For me and mine

You sad, vacuous little spivs.

Why what is going to happen in a month?

HOLA443
Now McGlashan, you have already admitted .....

*snip*

Ugh!

Hamish, I have picked you up several times before for misrepresentation, spin, headlining and the like, but I've never before seen you come out with a straight lie.

Why do you feel it necessary to lie?

Edited by The McGlashan

HOLA444
No, dickhead, I'm not taking any moral high ground against HPI or profit. I just detest what you and the other VI trolls are doing now, attempting to convince first time buyers to borrow to the hilt and buy a house in a falling market in order to line your own pockets.

Falling market have you not seen the latest indices. If FTB's don't get in the market over the next 6-9 months they will find themselves priced out again. Then again you quite clearly don't care about that though do you!!

As for making lots of money out of HPI, I could have probably made more had I rented for the whole period and invested all my money in shares during that period of high interest rates and inflation.

Finally, I worked seven days a week with no holiday whatsoever, for ten years whilst I was building up my business, so up yours you pathetic little troll.

Should have bought some properties then. Sat back , relaxed and let the money roll in :lol::lol:

Note: Above not posted in anger, words carefully chosen to be understood by a troll with a hide like a rhinoceros.

HOLA445
HOLA446
And people like Hamish want you to pay as much as possible for that home.

I doubt he`ll be on your Christmas card list.

Good luck, I hope your wait is worth while (no doubt McTavish will chip in with "you`ve missed the boat" and Rinoa will toast to your misery........ nice people, those bulls.

Couldn't give a monkeys about them to be honest and am always amazed at how some people get worked up by them.

I am confident that house prices are going to continue heading south and that will be the case for quite some time.

If what the Bulls are saying is true then I will miss this boat, but you know what, I'm willing to take that risk. ;)

HOLA447
HOLA448
Couldn't give a monkeys about them to be honest and am always amazed at how some people get worked up by them.

I am confident that house prices are going to continue heading south and that will be the case for quite some time.

If what the Bulls are saying is true then I will miss this boat, but you know what, I'm willing to take that risk. ;)

Fair enough see you in another 17 years time for the next crash :lol:

HOLA449
HOLA4410

Most of those on this thread have had it explained to them how you cannot compare STR's directly to BTl'ers. This was only a few days ago. None bothered to argue the points as they simply could not. This thread is as pure an example of 100% simple trolling as it is possible to get.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Simple point #1:

An STR is trying to spend less on property.

A BTL'er is trying to make more on property.

Simple point #2:

Most STR's did not initially intend to sell up to save money.

Most BTL'ers did initially intend to sell up to make money.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone who compares these 2 directly has no concept of reality. We have a couple on this thread for sure.

HOLA4411

Lets just face facts shall we;

The bears and certainly the Hamish Hit Club persistently misquote, abuse, ridicule at any opportunity (and this thread was designed as just another example of that). Hamish has never stated 'we are at the bottom', or any other fanatical mis-quotes you like to throw out.

Your obsessed with 'trolls', as to absord the fact that someone disagrees with you is beyond your comprehension. Learn to live with it.

Those of us that disagree with you, disagree with you. End of. Ive stated my reasons on loads of occassions and for the benefit of the bears who just dont get it, here they are again;

4.5 x income will become the norm

IRs will not hit double figures for a generation

And you persistently ignore the 'affordability' factor, which in my opinion is the ONLY factor relevant to house buying.

I have no interest in debating gilts, as I only ever take note of copper. And as to the 'moral' standpoint of either BTLers or STRs, I merely observe that, one is indeed providing a 'social' service and bought in a 'fair' market on equal footing with any other buyer at that time, the other has kept the profit from the housing 'deficit' and is looking to capitalise on others losses. If there is a 'moral' question, I find the second scenario far more distastefull.

I also believe we are at the bobbling along point, yes more drops to come but more mini uplifts also. Im in the camp of its swings and roundabouts time, and there will never be a 'cheaper' time to take on a mortgage.

But this is just my opinion............. get upset if you wish.

HOLA4412
The bears and certainly the Hamish Hit Club persistently misquote, abuse, ridicule at any opportunity (and this thread was designed as just another example of that). Hamish has never stated 'we are at the bottom', or any other fanatical mis-quotes you like to throw out.

It's priceless isn't it?

The better the economic news, the more frantic the squirming of the bears becomes. Like watching worms wriggle on hooks, only more fun. :lol:

It's almost like the poor deluded little things think they can make a difference, by posting on some obscure minority interest website, filled with tin-foil-hatters and doom-mongers, all having a big confirmation bias circle jerk.

It's like a bad episode of Dads Army. :lol: "We're All DOOOOOOMED!!!!!"

Entertainment at it's finest.

And you persistently ignore the 'affordability' factor, which in my opinion is the ONLY factor relevant to house buying.

WOW, you're pessimistic!!!!!!!! 4.5% x income is probably low, it was that for the last decade, I'm expecting more like a 5.5 or 6 times income average for the next decade, peaking at 7 times average for the 5 years after that, as population growth combined with low building and the coming economic growth ensures that property ownership becomes the reserve of an increasingly wealthier segment of society.

This is what the bears don't get, the myopic little things. As population increases, the percentage of that population in different wealth brackets tends not to, but the absolute numbers of people in those wealth brackets does.....

So if the population of workers increased by 50% (nice round easy example), the top X% of earners becomes 1.5 million, instead of 1 million, the top Y% becomes 3 million instead of 2 million, etc.

Unless house supply increases, it is irrelevant what the banks do. Over time, the top 30% of earners need the same housing numbers as the top 50% of earners today. Therefore prices increase, even if you restrict funding supply through caps on LTI.

The only solution is to build, on a massive scale. Chances of that happening in time? Zero.

HOLA4413

Very generous offer.

Erm, OK, I`ll get upset . :(

One point I`ll debate with you. "and there will never be a 'cheaper' time to take on a mortgage."

Are you saying this is a positive reason to "get on the ladder" ?

HOLA4414
Two of the jokers listed in my sig posted almost exactly the same thing this morning, someone, "the trollmaster" is telling them what to post.

Ah, but who is the Troll Master?

Is it Gordon?

Is Lawz?

Is it Krusty?

or are darker forces at play?

HOLA4415
Might that not be because there is only one reality but lots of different delusions.

If more than one poster is saying the same thing it might just be because it's right, rather than a paranoid delusion.

20000 posters say prices will fall

HOLA4416
Lets just face facts shall we;

Your obsessed with 'trolls', as to absord the fact that someone disagrees with you is beyond your comprehension. Learn to live with it.

Those of us that disagree with you, disagree with you. End of. Ive stated my reasons on loads of occassions and for the benefit of the bears who just dont get it, here they are again;

I have no interest in debating gilts, as I only ever take note of copper. And as to the 'moral' standpoint of either BTLers or STRs, I merely observe that, one is indeed providing a 'social' service and bought in a 'fair' market on equal footing with any other buyer at that time, the other has kept the profit from the housing 'deficit' and is looking to capitalise on others losses. If there is a 'moral' question, I find the second scenario far more distastefull.

I also believe we are at the bobbling along point, yes more drops to come but more mini uplifts also. Im in the camp of its swings and roundabouts time, and there will never be a 'cheaper' time to take on a mortgage.

Meh, good trolling attempt I like the "either BTLers or STRs", "Your obsessed with 'trolls'" (or you're), "fanatical mis-quotes you like to throw out." but overall weak.

More of the gilts ? "pah copper" and less of the inane ramblings would have been better. Tighten it up, remove the eccentricities and 'you're' Golden.

HOLA4417
20000 posters say prices will fall

And this sort of retardism is why bears will always fail.

Actually, the number of active posters round here is more like 300-500. You're confusing registered users with active bears. Not every registered user is a bear. In fact, the numbers of bulls would probably surprise you, particularly when you consider how many used ot be on here, but are still counted in the member numbers. The number of neithers is probably greater still.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
Meh, good trolling attempt I like the "either BTLers or STRs", "Your obsessed with 'trolls'" (or you're), "fanatical mis-quotes you like to throw out." but overall weak.

More of the gilts ? "pah copper" and less of the inane ramblings would have been better. Tighten it up, remove the eccentricities and 'you're' Golden.

Spot on. I thought something similar.

Firstly, bring back "time to raise the rents", now he was a bull!

I've been reading the HPC forum for a long time. There are definately a lot of bored estate agents on the site, or operatives for big business or government if you've got your tinfoil hat. Maybe we should start an index on the bull/bear status of first posters on the forums. Dont really know what it would mean, dont really care either.

Right now, only idiots would take out the kind of mortgages required to buy anywhere you would want to live.

HOLA4421
Right now, only idiots would take out the kind of mortgages required to buy anywhere you would want to live.

B, bu, but ...... "there will never be a 'cheaper' time to take on a mortgage."

Do it now. Fill yer boots. Rinoa, Sibley, McTavish etc are saying that prices will go up, property is a good investment.

Get yerself a nice, big fat mortgage at a lovely cheap rate. What could possibly go wrong ?

HOLA4422
And this sort of retardism is why bears will always fail.

Actually, the number of active posters round here is more like 300-500. You're confusing registered users with active bears. Not every registered user is a bear. In fact, the numbers of bulls would probably surprise you, particularly when you consider how many used ot be on here, but are still counted in the member numbers. The number of neithers is probably greater still.

It's too easy.

HOLA4423
B, bu, but ...... "there will never be a 'cheaper' time to take on a mortgage."

Do it now. Fill yer boots. Rinoa, Sibley, McTavish etc are saying that prices will go up, property is a good investment.

Get yerself a nice, big fat mortgage at a lovely cheap rate. What could possibly go wrong ?

Indeed. What apart from interest rates going back to their long term average?

Its better to buy at the top end of the interest rate cycle. Prices are cheaper - the classic bull argument of affordability says that. Then when the rate swings down, you can make serious extra repayments and reduce the life of the mortgage. Buying at a time when interest rates are low is just making a whole heap of cr@p for oneself further down the road.

Edited by murpaul

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
They're probably like the posters who constantly bring up the subject of man made climate change in order to dismiss it as bunkum and rather than to engage in proper debate. After all, if you wanted to learn about the subject, why post about it on a forum about house prices. My theory is that these people are astro-turfers who are paid money to regularly troll different forums promoting certain vested interests and to sway public opinion.

Good observation.

I have certainly had enough of what appear to be political "astro-turfers"!