House Price Crash Forum
OnlyMe

Same Day As The Bailout

ofcourse those things were not mentioned, they are trying to find retards to buy them and lets face it even a retard would not buy vauxhall if the adverts were honest.

Sh1t motors made to fail. Let vauxhall die.

Vauxhall and Opel are a very different proposition to GM in the US.

I don't own one myself but when I've hired Vauxhalls in the past they haven't seemed egregiously bad and they do, after all, occupy the lower tiers of the market, they do sell on price. Their competition is Ford, not BMW or Audi.

US-built General Motors cars are a joke though.

Edited by Cogs

Heard a vauxhall advert on the radio for their vivaro.

Was there anything about the utility/quality/efficiency/reliability/design of the van, no.

What did the advert consist of? Basically, get a bung from the government for 2k, get a zero percent loan, and get a cash kickback. All offered by your friendly GMAC.

If anything, in 30 seconds or whatever it was highlighted, the mentality of a piss poor company in piss poor economy this was it.

Was there anything about the utility/quality/efficiency/reliability/design of the van, no.

ofcourse those things were not mentioned, they are trying to find retards to buy them and lets face it even a retard would not buy vauxhall if the adverts were honest.

Sh1t motors made to fail. Let vauxhall die.

What did the advert consist of? Basically, get a bung from the government for 2k, get a zero percent loan, and get a cash kickback. All offered by your friendly GMAC.

If anything, in 30 seconds or whatever it was highlighted, the mentality of a piss poor company in piss poor economy this was it.

yep

i need to escape

Vauxhall and Opel are a very different proposition to GM in the US.

I don't own one myself but when I've hired Vauxhalls in the past they haven't seen egregiously bad and they do, after all, occupy the lower tiers of the market, they do sell on price. Their competition is Ford, not BMW or Audi.

US-built General Motors cars are a joke though.

The cheaper end of the GM range are a bit rough but I have owned 3 Cadillacs and rented a few more on trips out in the States, the Cadillacs seem to be bulit better than in the 70's when their reputation was dire.

I currently run a 12 year old GMC Suburban Diesel and that's great for dealing with the crap roads and the insane drivers out here in the Philippines, diesel is 42p a litre too.

Going back to your comments though, I agree with you that Vauxhall & Ford sell on price and volume. I worked in Fords manufacturing for years and the cheaper cars are not built to last, they were throwaway items after 80,000 miles back in the 80's and early 90's

Van = VW Transporter or Mercedes Vito/Sprinter

None of the others are worth it including Transit.

Or does your post show a piss poor ( as you put it ) understanding of communication.... heres a thought for you:

Imagine there are 100 people considering buying a van... what do they do, they have a short list, they think about what they need the van for and match the vans against those needs, throw in some brand preference and they end up with a list .

What Vauxhall will be doing in the ad you describe is giving those people thinking of buying a van now a reason to buy vauxhall now... and judging by your clear undertsanding of the three financial points they wanted to get across and the brand and the vehicle it sounds like they did a very good job..... they will have other campiagns dealing with the brand, quality, individual vehicles etc.

Why is it these sites encourage nutters to step forward with ill considered thoughts running down a british manufacturing company thats been making cars here since 1920 just when it doesn't need it.... maybe if you thought more before you posted you might actually be able to come up with an idea that makes some sense.

Whilst I own an Audi now, I have owned several Vauxhall Senators and Omegas in the past and they were fundamentally good cars, and better than the equivalent ford at the time.

The current Vauxhall/Opel cars are pretty good given their price and position in the market.