House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Noodle

Price Check

Guest มร หล&#3

How much is 1 litre of milk now in the UK?

Oh and a 4 pinter?

Guest anorthosite
How much is 1 litre of milk now in the UK?

Oh and a 4 pinter?

Not sure about the milk, but you have to buy a 4 pinter a McDonalds at the very least before you're guaranteed to pull.

That links is a bit out of date now - a 4 pinter of whole milk in most supermarkets is currently about £1.53.

I can recommend http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/ for price checking - quick easy and up to date.

How much is milk where you are Mr Parry? And do the farmers get a fair price for their produce (or does everyone grow/milk their own..)?

Guest มร หล&#3
just found a linky for you, 98 pence to �1.06 for 2 litres at the cheapy shops for own Brand but the posh Cravendale gear must be over �1.50 now.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/308554/semi...itres-1-06-at-/

Cheers!

It's the only expensive thing out here . Cheapest I can get is a box of 12 x 1litre of UHT at Makro for 428 Baht/56 = £7.64 / 12 = 64p a litre.

Dairy stuff is crazy out here, especially for a country that lives on drinking yogurt.

Guest มร หล&#3
just found a linky for you, 98 pence to �1.06 for 2 litres at the cheapy shops for own Brand but the posh Cravendale gear must be over �1.50 now.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/308554/semi...itres-1-06-at-/

Thanks very much for that.

If you are careful and get used to what these eat, it's cheaper than chips. Diary is mental!!!

But get this. A 225g pat of butter was 146 Baht! Yet buy 5kgs it was only 510 Baht!

Best to buy in bulk, cut up and freeze.

You guys might look at CostCo and Makro in the UK and do the same. Anything that has a long-shelf life.

Cheers!

It's the only expensive thing out here . Cheapest I can get is a box of 12 x 1litre of UHT at Makro for 428 Baht/56 = £7.64 / 12 = 64p a litre.

Dairy stuff is crazy out here, especially for a country that lives on drinking yogurt.

Whoops, sorry if that link was out of date, one too many Mango Daquiri's tonight so just as well I didn't have a flutter on the shares tonight !!

UHT with the cornflakes and Rosie Lee, no thanks Sir. We do keep some of that for emergency but I send the good lady along to the supermarket every 2 days for a litre of fresh cow's milk @ 66 pesos (just about 90p)

Any good tea in Thailand, I import 48 boxes of Kenyan teabags from England every year, I like my tea strong like my women - Ouch! 'er indoors walloped me :(

Guest มร หล&#3
Whoops, sorry if that link was out of date, one too many Mango Daquiri's tonight so just as well I didn't have a flutter on the shares tonight !!

UHT with the cornflakes and Rosie Lee, no thanks Sir. We do keep some of that for emergency but I send the good lady along to the supermarket every 2 days for a litre of fresh cow's milk @ 66 pesos (just about 90p)

Any good tea in Thailand, I import 48 boxes of Kenyan teabags from England every year, I like my tea strong like my women - Ouch! 'er indoors walloped me :(

I know I hate UHT but I'm a hour from the nearest town.

Jasmine tea. It's gay but I like it.

Lipton and Tesco the only other options really. 99 Baht (£1.76) for 100. So not cheap.

You have to live on what they do really to make it cheap. I looked at spuds the other day, then thought, no I don't eat them any more.

Matsaman curry paste I buy a big pack that lasts a month for 60p. Tomatoes and onions with garlic matsuman curry over Mama noodles. About 30 p to serve two big portions.

Lipton and Tesco the only other options really. 99 Baht (£1.76) for 100. So not cheap.

The thing about foreign tea is that it is all shite. Try getting PG tips or Tetleys in the USA, you can't, so I tend to take a suppply with me.

Guest มร หล&#3
The thing about foreign tea is that it is all shite. Try getting PG tips or Tetleys in the USA, you can't, so I tend to take a suppply with me.

So, so, so true!!!!!

It's bad.

Real bad!

EDIT: But the gay Jasmine tea's okay. If that's yer cuppa tea! ;)

Guest anorthosite

Don't get me started on what the Germans call "tea" :angry:

Guest anorthosite
Squirrel.

Its not that good.

I'd describe it as an infusion of "unidentified herbs".

Guest มร หล&#3
500ml is 1.00chf

1litre is 1.80chf

no decent tea either :unsure:

Okay get this,

Branston Pickle, smallest jar they do . . . . £6!

That's about it mind. Milk, little bit pricey, tea, sh1te, pickle . . . weight for weight about the same as platinum.

Everything else at least a third less.

Bought that turf today. Good stuff. 38p a square metre. That's expensive here because it's the wrong time of year to buy it. Goes to half that once the new growing season is finished.

Guys,

why are you living with sh1te tea and all the goodies, that would drive me nuts if I didn't have a supply of decent tea and Madras Curry paste etc etc.

Get a mate back in UK to ship you out a large box of tea and foods that last a while, I get a Jumbo Box shipped to the Philippines for about £110 (last years price) and it takes about 6 weeks by sea freight.

Dunno if any of you have tried Barry's Tea, a Kenyan tea blended in Ireland, rich flavour with true copper colour and better than all that Lipton's sh1te excuse for tea. A bit dearer than PG Tips but tastes 10 times better.

I normally get tea from Eddie O' Kane at his company warehouse in Wembley and buy in bulk and fill the box up with goodies from Tesco and the local Indian corner shop (curry ingredients)

http://www.okaneirishfoods.co.uk/id8.html