House Price Crash Forum

Prof Niall Ferguson 'extremely Nervous' About Uk Economy

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
Don't underestimate that Prof N Ferguson guy..... He is mighty clever. He is dead right on all this too!!

Honestly - the way the VIs and the media are trying to talk of a "recovery" - it really is pathetic. PATHETIC

The recession has BARELY BEGUN.

The recession has Barely Begun.

I know that this time round it is different, but I left school just when the last boom was coming to an end. I worked for the family business in construction at the time and, when the recession was in full swing, it was dire.

No enquiries, no ongoing projects, no orders being placed, and if you were lucky to get an order cost reductions being asked for.

At the moment I do not see or hear of anything like this on the scale as before.

We have only just started this recession, we have a long way to go yet.

HOLA444
Well Gordon might have to brush up on his technique if we need to go running to the IMF :lol:

Apparently there is no shame anymore in going to the IMF, its not as if it is some great event. Or so we were told.

Looking forward to seeing how obviously Sarkozy and Obama try and avoid being seen to be too chummy with Gordon at the D-day celebration that he wasn't going to until....

HOLA445
HOLA446
I'll hazard (geddit) a guess that you're an older poster (no offense, I am really knocking on!).

The generations that rioted over poll tax, wars, council boundary changes etc. have got too old to matter....

There doesn't seem to be the appetite to seriously protest these days. And who can blame anyone? The biggest protest ever held, against the Iraq war, did absolutely no good whatsoever. Those given the privilege of being in charge have been absolutely corrupted to the point that the concerns of "ordinary" citizens are completely ignored.

If protesting isn't going to bring about change, a) why bother and b ) what can be done instead?

Could it be that we haven't anything that big to riot over in recent years? The biggest protest was anti war. A bunch of peaceniks protesting isn't going to be the best protest to turn from protest into full blown riot. Also the opposition party said they'd have done the same thing. Therefore they couldn't even protest at the ballot box either.

HOLA447
HOLA448