House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Methinkshe

Missing Air France Plane Travelling From Rio To Paris

Latest: Air France have lost all hope of finding plane.

Interesting though it is it's massively off topic, amigo.

Guest theboltonfury

228 on board.

Search and rescue mission looking for wreckage off Brazil coast.

not good

Latest: short-circuit message received 15 minutes after turbulence.

Looks less and less like terrorism - that's a relief. We could do without planes being brought down by terrorists to add to general global woes.

Guest theboltonfury
Move to off topic.

ok, calm down. The mods are like hawks these days

Expert on Sky news says terrorism cannot be ruled out.

How totally bogus. Never ones to miss the opportunity to ramp fear of the bogeyman.

Catastrophic error would have caused the plane to go down so quickly, according to experts. Some individuals suggested terrorism cannot be ruled out - mid air explosion - but there are a dozen other possible catastrophic errors.

My thoughts are with the families of those waiting at the airport, homes and work places for their loved ones. Not a good thing to happen. :(

Catastrophic error would have caused the plane to go down so quickly, according to experts. Some individuals suggested terrorism cannot be ruled out - mid air explosion - but there are a dozen other possible catastrophic errors.

My thoughts are with the families of those waiting at the airport, homes and work places for their loved ones. Not a good thing to happen. :(

Guest redwine

228 on board.

Search and rescue mission looking for wreckage off Brazil coast.

watching it here in france

it disappeared at 4 am it flew into a storm and airfrance think that it was struck by lightning and it destroyed its electronics

they are looking for the wreck near cap vert islands off n africa

there was 8 children and 1 baby on the flight

RIP

Guest absolutezero

What difference does that make? Is it any more tragic that children were involved? I think not. :blink:

it disappeared at 4 am it flew into a storm and airfrance think that it was struck by lightning and it destroyed its electronics

RIP

i though planes had lightning conductors or some sort of mechanism for that, thats what they always say on documentaries about how safe aircraft are, just must also add for some reason felt physically sick when i heard the news on lbc (london radio - was on the m25 at the time, nauseating road at the best of times)

i do feel for the families and all involved, plus really hits home and scares me from flying again too

i do feel for the families and all involved, plus really hits home and scares me from flying again too

I don't want to sound alarmist or conspiracist but if you take most of the recent airplane scares, the crash investigation board conclusions have been 'inconclusive' for nearly all of the UK near misses in recent years.

Remember the heroic landing of the plane at Heathrow last year when it is said to have dropped like a stone out of the sky?

CIB conclusion: 'inconclusive'.

Now it could be that there really has been no known cause, but I also know that mandatory recalls can easily bankrupt an airline.

RIP

Its a horrible thing to happen. Can you imagine how frightening it would have been as the plane went down.

Guest redwine
Its a horrible thing to happen. Can you imagine how frightening it would have been as the plane went down.

two brits have died on the flight