House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Laura

Let Us All Become Bulls

or should that be 'Mistress Plan'?

In the light of brother webchat's untimely bull conversion

I insist we should all knucke under, put shoulders on grindstones & do our best to put the great back into the Empire no matter what it takes just to help the poor fellow on his way.

Suggestions please on how we can do that without getting wiped out by the coming tsunami? (or is the UK immune for reasons I have failed to grasp?)

I've already voted myself a high level administrative role (I hope no one minds as there is plenty of opportunity for limitless expansion in my dept.)

Edited by Laura

I insist we should all knucke under, put shoulders on grindstones & do our best to put the great back into the Empire no matter what it takes just to help the poor fellow on his way.

Suggestions please on how we can do that without getting wiped out by the coming tsunami? (or is the UK immune for reasons I have failed to grasp?)

I've already voted myself a high level administrative role (I hope no one minds as there is plenty of opportunity for limitless expansion in my dept.)

Sign me up "in the light of all the recent reports" too. If reports say so, then that's good enough for me!

Are all those machines printing greenbacks also printing greenshoots too?

Certainly not! - I guarantee it will be different this time :)

Sir Jack Daw

Should that not be 'Mistress Pain'?

Yes indeed. The problem was that it stopped after schooldays (& now doesn't even occur there), otherwise the expenses scandal might not

exist.

What a delicious thought:- Hazel Blears receiving six-of-the-best ......... just think of the TV viewing figures

Absolutely right Laura what a great idea the market going back up and the banks starting to lend at levels that has led to the country going bankrupt and the kind of debt that nobody wants to buy! I can't think of anything better than to have it confirmed that property is not currently selling 30% below peak despite lenders and EA's confirming that it is , and that despite building societies expecting at least further 10% falls this year that the market bounces back to 2007 levels next year and ......

Oh dear I can't type anymore I think the penny has just dropped and I have run...........o u t....o...............f...mo.n....ey

PLEASE PUT MORE MONEY IN SLOT - OH - OUT OF ORDER........the ramping machine seems to have crashed.

read Krapetskys column in the times today. all will be revealed. Things are getting good. Really good. We need to consume more, that is all is needed.

Is that consume more bull? Sorry but I am strictly vegetarian, and that does not mean I buy green shoots either :lol:

Oh just had another thought if we are all going to play at being bulls can I be Mc Tavish and be REALLY rude to everyone and advocate that people live in tent city and eat soup if they are less than less than average and can't even afford an average house which would not be anywhere near where McTavish lives even though he lives in a road where there are 2 bed properties, can you imagine!

Edited by Sybil13

read Krapetskys column in the times today. all will be revealed. Things are getting good. Really good. We need to consume more, that is all is needed.

If Anatole says it is all over then short the shit out of everything.

If I can vote myself big salary and bonuses, I'd like to join too.

The problem is just before the tsunami hits the sea pulls back to reveal all the pretty shells. Thoughs who run out to get them are usually the ones who suffer the most.

I know Laura is taking the mick

but seeing as it started in America

its only just begun.........

link

The problem is that subprime mortgages were never a significant part of the mortgage industry.

The resetting of "teaser" rate mortgages into market rate mortgages has only just begun.

The problem of negative equity has already leaked out into other mortgage classes even before the teaser rates have expired. The percentage of homes going into negative equity has increased by 50% in just 6 months.

The Boston Federal Reserve has documented that negative equity is the leading cause of foreclosures.

As you can see, subprime isn't the mortgage class in the most danger - Option-ARM is.

Round Two

Most subprime mortgages had teaser rates lasting 2 or 3 years. Alt-A and Option-ARM mortgages usually had teaser rates of 5 to 7 years.

That's why you saw the subprime market implode first.

prime_jumbo.jpg

However, most Option-ARM mortgages had "triggers" in their contracts so that they would automatically reset to market rates once they've reached a certain level of negative equity.

option_arm.jpg

post-2696-1243885135_thumb.jpg

post-2696-1243885247_thumb.jpg

Edited by lowrentyieldmakessense(honest!)

my friend at school was a ramp...lorry drove over him. he owed me 2p.

PLEASE PUT MORE MONEY IN SLOT - OH - OUT OF ORDER........the ramping machine seems to have crashed.

Ramping seems to be all that Britain has left; but what a sophisticated machine it has become.

I wonder if the true extent of the damage it has caused will be recorded by scholars.

& it has to be scholars; you can't have ordinary people passing on these tales of woe .......... I nearly typed "woe & wisdom", but then I remembered 'you can't go wrong with bricks & mortar', therefore any doomster forecasting an event beyond the experience of (nearly) all will find the event denied; & that is precisely what is going to happen.

So who/what/where is going to be blamed for the big one when it finally arrives?

EDIT:- grammar worse than usual

Edited by Laura

my friend at school was a ramp...lorry drove over him. he owed me 2p.

& your grudges against James Gordon Brown are?