House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gilf

Metro Tomorrow

Did a quick search and haven't seen this here yet....

Each day in the London Metro there is a phone poll, normally related to some recent news item. Today's question which will of course the results be printed in the paper tomorrow is about house prices, while any poll needs to be taken with a pinch of salt they do tend to be a good barometer of what Joe Public thinks from week to week.

I can't remember the exact wording but something along the lines of....

"With the recent 1.2% rise in house prices is this the sign of recovery in the housing market?"

While the recent MP's expenses scandal has been a bit of diversion I do think it might have focused a few peoples mind on the whole greed aspect of the world today and that might extend to house prices.

I agree - the Metro is an excellent barometer.

Take the middle page and throw it in the air - you will have an instant indicator of wind direction and rainfall. Other than that, its good for bu66er all!

I agree - the Metro is an excellent barometer.

Take the middle page and throw it in the air - you will have an instant indicator of wind direction and rainfall. Other than that, its good for bu66er all!

As a paper I would agree it's total rubbish, but the public polls do seem to give an indication of what people are thinking.

Most Metro readers are Londoners who commute to the City and West End. Probably a bit more informed therefore - or just desperate to buy a one bed flat in the Isle of Dogs for less than £400k. :lol:

Will only let you vote once :rolleyes: .... be careful as the NO is the second choice

Once from each different web broswer. I have Mozilla, Chrome, and IE so voted 3 times and seen it pushed over 90% NO's.

Hamish, Valerius, Sibley and all the other bulls - have you had your vote each yet, you never know you may be able to swing it back the other way.

Although if it is at 94% maybe you won't.

:lol::lol::lol:

Hamish, Valerius, Sibley and all the other bulls - have you had your vote each yet, you never know you may be able to swing it back the other way.

Although if it is at 94% maybe you won't.

:lol::lol::lol:

We don't need to. We're in the headlines.

Wave bye bye to the crash

125.gif125.gif125.gif

Edited by Rinoa

The Evening Standard are also running a poll: (LINK)

Is the worst over for house prices?

So far

31% Yes

69% No

Notice the bias in the Question: is the worst over, meaning we could get another 19% fall and they could spin it as good news.

The Evening Standard are also running a poll: (LINK)

Is the worst over for house prices?

So far

31% Yes

69% No

Again use your different browsers to vote a few times.

Still 69% NO

Farout! Isn't this cheating? Next you lot will be saying there's small pox in the water just because you have an vacuum.

I see links from this site to newspaper articles with a note to look at how bearish the general public are in the comments section and when I go read the comments some of them have been signed Mike Livingstone and Dr Bubb!

P.S. I did my bit and voted!