House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
anonguest

Joe Public Aint So Stupid?

Interesting brief conversation/comments from work colleague first thing this morning regarding recent economic news headlines that caught his attention in passing over last few days - and mentioned them/asked me as he knows I watch these things more closely than the average Joe (or Joanne - just to be very PC and unsexist!).

An example given was that of the oil price.

He noticed reports that oil prices rising sharply again - short 'soundbite' explanations given in media conflict with attitudes last time round when oil was rising toi these levels. Back then it was bad, cos it would stifle the economy, etc. Now it is seen as positive that the economy is growing!

Bottom line - the guy finally twigged that the spiel the media give as explanations for various things is cr*p.

I wonder how many more of the public are also finally starting to notice the sheer stupidity, in some cases, of modern dumbed down 'soundbite' style journalism - and how completely contradictory they can appear sometimes after a space of just a few months.

Maybe Joe Public really does have an attention span longer than that of a goldfish after all?!