House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Cozza

Land Registry Stats- April 09

Guest BAREBEAR_soon to be ALIVA
Er, yes, how could he?

Was he to blame in 88 too?

Yes he was then called Lawson.

Land Registry Stats for April 09 show that house prices decreased by on average -0.3%

that month!

Land REgistry Stats

So much for recovereh.

;):lol:

So much for a crash... it continues to amaze me how many people seem to cling to these figures when they are clearly not reliable....... even then getting excited about a 0.3% fall seems crazy !. None of these figures are correct, its as simple as that...

-1.1% in my area (City of Bristol). Good news :)

Wonder if this will get as much coverage as the Nationwide figures, doubt it somehow.

In times of generally falling prices, falling prices is not news.

In times of generally RISING prices, WERE falling prices news? No. Of course not. Vested interests.

Just feed the people Britain's Got Talent and hope the sun shines and everyone will feel happy again and start building up debt.

In times of generally RISING prices, WERE falling prices news? No. Of course not. Vested interests.

Just feed the people Britain's Got Talent and hope the sun shines and everyone will feel happy again and start building up debt.

When are you referring to?

There's clearly something screwy with these numbers.

Take the East for example. They're claiming a 0.6% increase, yet when I check the unitary authorities for the East they're all negative, except for a single 0.1% rise in NE Lincolnshire.

National prices are for April.

Prices for counties and local authorities are based on 4 month rolling averages.

A clear demonstration that prices were falling lots ~ but now they aren't.

Three of the VI trolls mentioned in my sig just posted within five minutes of each other, did the trollmaster issue instructions to the drones?

How many bears posted within 5 minutes of each other? :)

Three of the VI trolls mentioned in my sig just posted within five minutes of each other, did the trollmaster issue instructions to the drones?

They all work in the same office in Westminster. What do you expect?

How many bears posted within 5 minutes of each other? :)

50% of the trolls, 3 out of 6, listed in my sig (including you Mr Troll) posting within a five minute period is really quite remarkable.

You should hope not. Or at least, you should hope the MSM don't figure out how bullish these numbers really are.

LR figures lag by several months. This month should have shown the large falls being reported a few months back in the haliwide figures.

Minus 0.3% is an amazingly good figure, and shows clearly that the actual sales prices going through a couple of months back were significantly higher than the Haliwides surveys reported.

This is very tasty bull fodder indeed. :lol:

Oh, hold on, I thought you said:

YoY is all that matter for owners.

So here you go:

LR (England and Wales) = -16.2% YoY

Halifax = -17.7% YoY

Nationwide = -11.3% YoY

RoS (Scotland only) = -8% YoY

By your own stated preferred measure, until these figures approach zero, there is no recovery, and we are not near the bottom.

See below

What do you expect; they all dance to the same tune.

Mind you in their case, it probably sounds more like a funeral dirge....

I still haven't seen the point where everyone (other than the "nutters" on HPC) start saying "you'd have to be mad to buy property right now". That's the moment when I'll be happy buying...

Look at the sales volume graph on page 12 ....... :lol: ......somebody please buy a house

Well I wonder why they are not selling when Hometrack and Rightmove are telling sellers to put their prices UP! What is the average tom currently? I know Hometrack said 10 weeks but I am sure it is more like 25 + if you search an area on Home.co.uk tends to show 200 + days.

I am still watching the same old 50 + properties between £200000 and £250000 in Dorset been watching them for months NOTHING has sold. A few have had Under Offer on but then gone back on the market , others have had STC on but have gone back on the market, some still have STC on but been on for ages. I can't have chosen the only properties in Dorset that are not selling , only track 50 as I am using someone elses PC currently.

I am still so confused by what is going on . Everything seems to confirm that properties are ONLY selling 25 - 30% off peak so I guess ALL the others are refusing offers and just sitting there. I also suspect that if EA's told sellers to expect 25 - 30% off peak they would not put their properties on the market, but who benefits from all these properties on the market at a value that NOBODY is willing to pay?

50% of the trolls, 3 out of 6, listed in my sig (including you Mr Troll) posting within a five minute period is really quite remarkable.

The psychiatric nurse must have slipped out for a quick fag and left the PC unattended.

Land Registry are several months behind Haliwide.

So a miserly fall of only 0.3% is surprising.

You should hope not. Or at least, you should hope the MSM don't figure out how bullish these numbers really are.

LR figures lag by several months. This month should have shown the large falls being reported a few months back in the haliwide figures.

You pair of arsehats :lol:

Both Haliwide indexes have reported the odd rise during the LandReg lag timeframe so why have you specifically compared this month to when those indexes fell?

Twats

The 0.6% rise in Kensington (ave price 728,183) outweighs the minus 0.6% of merton and Islington combined. Plenty of other boroughts saw rises.

21 boroughs saw falls, 10 saw rises.

Most of the rises are nugatory and counter-balanced by the large falls being from expensive boroughs too. (-2.7 City of West avg 550K)

A few big sales seem to be masking much larger falls.

thanks for clearing that up. really helpful

Sorry, I thought you'd have read my post immediately above that:

Plymouth -19.6% YOY, at this rate we will get a black colour on the map.

Look at those transaction figures they ain't even pretty with seasonal adjusting.