House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

athom

What Kind Of Holiday Pictures Do You Take?

If you like to be in the photo's "here's me in front of the Taj Mahal", "here's me in front of the leaning tower of Pisa", "Here's me getting arrested for lewd behaviour in a Greek restaurant" etc. Please tell me why. I had a friend visiting and showed him around the place and he kept asking me to take pictures with him in it. At one point i thought we came across a nice view and suggested he takes a photo of it. He looked at the view, thrust the camera into my hand and ran off into the view, unthinkable to take a photo without being in it, what would be the point in that!! It's not that uncommon, i've noticed it before when people show me their holiday snaps, but it never occurs to me to do it. Please explain why you do it, it can't just be so you can prove you were there, is it?

I always ask very attractive women to be in my photographs. It gives the impression to my friends that I have my pick of the world's lovelies, and am in constant demand. It also takes their mind off the fact that I only ever seem to go to Lowestoft.

Guest Skinty

Depends if you are trying to make art or trying to make memories. It's good to do both.

To my mind documentary style photos of famous monuments and nothing else can seem a little pointless now as you can just search on google for a better image.

I always ask very attractive women to be in my photographs. It gives the impression to my friends that I have my pick of the world's lovelies, and am in constant demand. It also takes their mind off the fact that I only ever seem to go to Lowestoft.

That's not possible in Lowestoft but yes it's a valid variation

I like to be in the photos. Can't see any point of taking a picture of the Eiffel tower, for instance, without being in the picture too. You can just type Eiffel tower into google and you will get hundreds of near identical photos. At least if your in it, it will be one of a kind.

I don't know, looking at the photo's i'm trying to look around them to see what's there, especially people i already know, they're just in the way. And what's with the big fake smiles, it's like shouting "You wouldn't believe how much fun i'm having standing in front of this thing!!!"

Most holidays i have one or 2 with me by chance anyway and it's enough to remember how youthful i was :rolleyes:

art-blair_16505s.jpg

"Hi Mum, Look what i did today!"

Clever boy that tony. Makes you proud.

224 views this thread has had and only 17 clicks on the anonymous poll :blink: I'm going to start another 2 types of people thread.

IF you don't put yourself in the pic then what's the point of taking any snaps? With the internet, you can just use other people's snaps instead.

I have a mate who thinks he's a really good photographer. Every time someone comes round he whips out his 6 albums chock full of photos. And almost none of them have him in them. Plus the pics are nothing special anyway.

I dont remember how I came across this video, its a unique and simple yet quite clever idea and funny too

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1609134961558581805

It's funny you should say that. Did you find it about 8 replies ago on this very page?

And who are you people, what are you doing here? Who let you in??