House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
HAMISH_MCTAVISH

What An Interesting Month It's Been.......

i love the way you group BNP & UKIP together...

Both far right, both protectionist, both anti-immigration. In terms of policy, not a lot between them. Not insinuating UKIP is particularly racist, they don't seem to be.

There's more down to come, although I suspect it'll come slowly over the next few years. The real bottom will, in my opinion, be easy to spot, as the mortgage deals available will make it clear the banks feel they're safe from further falls... and given that the further falls will be driven by the banks themselves (they know how much they've got to lend, so they know what they can support in terms of the market as a whole) they really are the thing to watch here.

well, last time i checked UKIP had a little bit more to their manifesto than a staunch commitment to ****-bashing?

:rolleyes: Both far right, both protectionist, both anti-immigration.

The fundamental policies are similar. If you removed all the racism from the BNP, it would look fairly similar to UKIP. If you filled UKIP with racists, it would look fairly similar to the BNP.

They are the far right alternative. Just like I grouped Plaid & SNP for the nationalists.

Edited by HAMISH_MCTAVISH

...If you removed all the racism from the BNP, it would look fairly similar to UKIP...

i don't see that you'd be left with anything at all if you removed all the racism from the BNP. but anyway...

The fundamental policies are similar. If you removed all the racism from the BNP, it would look fairly similar to UKIP. If you filled UKIP with racists, it would look fairly similar to the BNP.

They are the far right alternative. Just like I grouped Plaid & SNP for the nationalists.

Yes, but sticking them together will skew the overall result of the poll! It would have been interesting to see the split between the two compared to the last poll on here.

The fundamental policies are similar. If you removed all the racism from the BNP, it would look fairly similar to UKIP.

at least that is how they are portrayed by the main parties anyway. UKIP are portrayed as akin to the BNP because the mainstream, particularly liebor, are fearful of the support that they would attract. The public have been decieved and lied to since the beginning about involvement with europe and now even the great unwashed will not forget the broken manifesto pledge of a referendum on the european constitution.

UKIP are portrayed as akin to the BNP because the mainstream, particularly liebor, are fearful of the support that they would attract. The public have been decieved and lied to since the beginning about involvement with europe

Sorry you feel offended and all, but in terms of policy, there is very little between them. It's all far right, protectionist, anti-immigration, anti-europe.

Sorry you feel offended and all, but in terms of policy, there is very little between them. It's all far right, protectionist, anti-immigration, anti-europe.

Far right ? I'm not sure i'd equate the BNP with lassaiz faire economics, or freedom so why is that right wing?

must admit that I am pretty shocked that anyone would still vote labour.

Own up, who did it?

Are you normal working, tax paying citizens or are you just voting labour because your family always have and the benefit system has looked after your kin very well since not having a tax paying member in living memory?

must admit that I am pretty shocked that anyone would still vote labour.

Own up, who did it?

Are you normal working, tax paying citizens or are you just voting labour because your family always have and the benefit system has looked after your kin very well since not having a tax paying member in living memory?

:lol:

Perhaps they are 5-a-day coordinators, or diversity monitors, or some other non-job.

Both far right, both protectionist, both anti-immigration. In terms of policy, not a lot between them. Not insinuating UKIP is particularly racist, they don't seem to be.

eh?

Ones about as libertarian as its possible to get in British politics, ones about as authoritarian as its possible to get in British politics. Theyre about as far apart as is possible to be in a practical context.

well, last time i checked UKIP had a little bit more to their manifesto than a staunch commitment to ****-bashing?

i think you'll find the only "*****" they want to bash, are those ones who like to wander around our cities with rucksacks full of home-made C4... and frankly, I'm all for that!

Plus, as 've said before, simply calling one party 'racist' is a bit of 'four legs good' from the media - the fact is that if you define racism as given preferential/worse treatment to a particular group based on it's race, then ALL parties are to racist to a degree - (Labour anti-white racists are the worst of the bunch IMO)

So it's all about where you draw the line in what you consider to be acceptable to your own conscience...

I think we need to be fair here - saying "far right" is a media trick to get people thinking they stomp around with jackboots making swastickas in their spare time

The truth is that on some things (like immigration, law & order, the right of the individual to defend themselves) the BNP (and UKIP) are both on the right of the political arena - maybe even 'far right' if you will..

But when it comes to social protection, nationalisation of the corrupt banks and the UKs infrastructure (roads, railways, gas, electirc & nuclear etc) they are very far on the left...

Whether this left & right wings then make a sensible centre party is for you each to decide! - guess we'll find out next week (popcorn at the ready)