House Price Crash Forum
Guest daddy bull

Black Monday Coming

Guest Daddy Bear

I think every one who has been here since 2005 gets to have a Black Monday Thread !!!!

If not I'm taking one anyway! :P

All the signs are there guys.

We are near the Tipping Point

Not long now.

(You will all be pleased to know I have made my "Dash to Assets" :D , bought back into property after STRing in Aug 2007. Very happy with 10 year fix at 4.99% and 32% off peak price in Aug 2007. Massive currency collpase against assets coming).

Good luck

I think every one who has been here since 2005 gets to have a Black Monday Thread !!!!

Not long now.

(You will all be pleased to know I have made my "Dash to Assets" :D , bought back into property after STRing in Aug 2007. Very happy with 10 year fix at 4.99% and 32% off peak price in Aug 2007. Massive currency collpase against assets coming).

Good luck

Hmmm whats your opinion on equities?

Five world market themes for the week ahead (Taken from )

http://uk.reuters.com/article/idINTRE54S4VS20090529

1. EYE ON CENTRAL BANKS: Investors will be on the lookout for any further signals on quantitative easing when the European Central Bank and the Bank of England announce their decisions on Thursday.

2. COMMODITIES SUPERCYCLE, CYCLICAL SURGE: Oil prices are nearly double their four-year low set in December and the Baltic Dry Index, which tracks rates to ship dry commodities, has risen more than 300 percent since the start of the year. Coupled with a weakening dollar, investors might be bracing for the return of the supercycle in commodities.

3. EMERGING DISCONNECT, POLITICAL RISK: High-yielding emerging market currencies remain weak, weighed down by poor domestic growth prospects even as emerging equities rise along with their developed market peers, buoyed by hopes of a global economic recovery.

4. IN SEARCH OF MORE POSITIVE DATA: Green shoots have been popping up at an encouraging rate, with consumer confidence and home sales data in the United States, and improved Euro zone economic sentiment being the latest signs that a downturn may not be as steep as many originally feared.

5. TREASURY YIELDS: A sharp rise in Treasury yields driven by worries over a record U.S. budget deficit has pushed the yield curve to its steepest on record, and Treasuries yielded more than euro zone government bonds for the first time in seven months.

Edited by slurms mackenzie

Guest vicmac64

I don't know whether Mon will be the day the markets cross the 'Rubicon', but that will come - maybe Mon maybe not (haven't been following the markets as closely for the last week or two so out of touch), but that day is coming as surely as winter follows summer.

We have had the summer of uncontrolled DEBT and a debauched currency - now the winter approaches the first snows have fallen the long blizzard approaches that threatens to expose the real economy that is built on nothing - literally.

Not long now.

Good luck

IMO 10 years fixed at 4.99% will turn out to be a very good deal

suprised you got that actually

Mugs are currently taking out SVR mortgages when base rate is at 0.5%

as I see it that is a guaranteed way to ensure your payments will double/treble over the next few years

IMO 10 years fixed at 4.99% will turn out to be a very good deal

suprised you got that actually

Mugs are currently taking out SVR mortgages when base rate is at 0.5%

as I see it that is a guaranteed way to ensure your payments will double/treble over the next few years

well said. I also know someone who just got a 5 year fixed at something like 3.65% from RBS (with a very large deposit). I guess some banks will never learn....

On edit. Ahh metaphors eh?

Still doom mongering rubbish if you ask me.

I dunno...........perhaps we should start harvesting rice and eating with chopsticks.and how hard can Mandarin be to learn?

Since joining this site I must have read a thread like this around once a week.

I guess on the law of averages one of them will turn out to be a correct prophecy.

Could we just postpone this 'dash for assets' for around 3 weeks or so, I have still not completed on my 'dash for assets'?

We have had the summer of uncontrolled DEBT and a debauched currency - now the winter approaches the first snows have fallen the long blizzard approaches that threatens to expose the real economy that is built on nothing - literally.

I agree with that, except the snow starts falling in Feb/March.

Since joining this site I must have read a thread like this around once a week.

I guess on the law of averages one of them will turn out to be a correct prophecy.

Could we just postpone this 'dash for assets' for around 3 weeks or so, I have still not completed on my 'dash for assets'?

what is a "Dash for Assets"......

Ignorant of Pontypool

I suspect they mean buying a house.

but I thought assets were convertible currency and houses were for living in, why would you treat your home as an investment opportunity, and is'nt this the attitude that fuelled the housing bubble in the first place , or am i missing something

In my case a house.

But anything that is tangible, what daddy bear is saying is get out of paper and into something tangible.

In my case a house.

But anything that is tangible, what daddy bear is saying is get out of paper and into something tangible.

does tangible include Haribo, or should i be considering something more substantial

but I thought assets were convertible currency and houses were for living in, why would you treat your home as an investment opportunity, and is'nt this the attitude that fuelled the housing bubble in the first place , or am i missing something

You are missing a lot.

This isn't the attitude that fuelled the housing bubble, it's a result of the housing bubble (potentially).

Get over the alarmist aspect to this thread because I am sceptical, as I said every week you get one of these threads. Usually from the gold bugs.

There is arguments for inflation, deflation and stagflation and 'biflation'. NOBODY knows for certain how this is going to play itself out so you have to weigh up the facts and make a decision.

I am in the high inflation camp, hence it makes sense to start to begin thinking about converting your £'s into something tangible. Daddy Bear predicts the end of the system as we know it, see his sig.

At this stage you pay your money you takes your chances.

I have decided to buy a house.....................I maybe completley wrong only time will tell.

Well spotted ;).

See my sig below.

does tangible include Haribo, or should i be considering something more substantial

Even Haribo could be better than £'s.

I don't think so though, I do not subscribe to the apoloclyptic view and have been proved correct on the previous 32 occasions that threads like this appear.

I do believe though there are systematic attempts to inflate the issue away and I am beginning to see the signs.

You are missing a lot.

This isn't the attitude that fuelled the housing bubble, it's a result of the housing bubble (potentially).

Get over the alarmist aspect to this thread because I am sceptical, as I said every week you get one of these threads. Usually from the gold bugs.

There is arguments for inflation, deflation and stagflation and 'biflation'. NOBODY knows for certain how this is going to play itself out so you have to weigh up the facts and make a decision.

I am in the high inflation camp, hence it makes sense to start to begin thinking about converting your £'s into something tangible. Daddy Bear predicts the end of the system as we know it, see his sig.

At this stage you pay your money you takes your chances.

I have decided to buy a house.....................I maybe completley wrong only time will tell.

Are you going to live in it?

I am developing a futures market for Haribo, are you in?

no, but I would be interested in a sh1t load of vegetable seeds and gardening supplies if you can source any.

camping supplies look set to be a winner also, not many got the money for holidaying apart from in a tent.