House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MOP

Huge Economic Conspiracy?

I would just like to get some opinions on this article posted by Seydel in OT a few days ago. I have just taken a few extracts because the full article is huge.

The Bilderberg Plan for 2009: Remaking the Global Political Economy

Global Research, May 26, 2009

by Andrew G. Marshall

From May 14-17, the global elite met in secret in Greece for the yearly Bilderberg conference, amid scattered and limited global media attention. Roughly 130 of the world’s most powerful individuals came together to discuss the pressing issues of today, and to chart a course for the next year. The main topic of discussion at this years meeting was the global financial crisis, which is no surprise, considering the list of conference attendees includes many of the primary architects of the crisis, as well as those poised to “solve†it.

The Restructuring of the Global Political Economy

Before the meeting began, Bilderberg investigative journalist Daniel Estulin reported on the main item of the agenda, which was leaked to him by his sources inside. Though such reports cannot be verified, his sources, along with those of veteran Bilderberg tracker, Jim Tucker, have proven to be shockingly accurate in the past. Apparently, the main topic of discussion at this year's meeting was to address the economic crisis, in terms of undertaking, “Either a prolonged, agonizing depression that dooms the world to decades of stagnation, decline and poverty ... or an intense-but-shorter depression that paves the way for a new sustainable economic world order, with less sovereignty but more efficiency.†Other items on the agenda included a plan to “continue to deceive millions of savers and investors who believe the hype about the supposed up-turn in the economy. They are about to be set up for massive losses and searing financial pain in the months ahead,†and “There will be a final push for the enactment of Lisbon Treaty, pending on Irish voting YES on the treaty in Sept or October,â€[1] which would give the European Union massive powers over its member nations, essentially making it a supranational regional government, with each country relegated to more of a provincial status.

Further, Tucker reported that, “Treasury Secretary Geithner and Carl Bildt touted a shorter recession not a 10-year recession ... partly because a 10 year recession would damage Bilderberg industrialists themselves, as much as they want to have a global department of labor and a global department of treasury, they still like making money and such a long recession would cost them big bucks industrially because nobody is buying their toys.....the tilt is towards keeping it short.â€[2]

After the meetings finished, Daniel Estulin reported that, “One of Bilderberg’s primary concerns according to Estulin is the danger that their zeal to reshape the world by engineering chaos in order to implement their long term agenda could cause the situation to spiral out of control and eventually lead to a scenario where Bilderberg and the global elite in general are overwhelmed by events and end up losing their control over the planet.â€[3]

On May 21, the Macedonian International News Agency reported that, “A new Kremlin report on the shadowy Bilderberg Group, who this past week held their annual meeting in Greece, states that the West’s financial, political and corporate elite emerged from their conclave after coming to an agreement that in order to continue their drive towards a New World Order dominated by the Western Powers, the US Dollar has to be ‘totally’ destroyed.†Further, the same Kremlin report apparently stated that, “most of the West’s wealthiest elite convened at an unprecedented secret meeting in New York called for and led by†David Rockefeller, “to plot the demise of the US Dollar.â€[4]

The Leaked Report

Bilderberg investigative reporter Daniel Estulin reportedly received from his inside sources a 73-page Bilderberg Group meeting wrap-up for participants, which revealed that there were some serious disagreements among the participants. “The hardliners are for dramatic decline and a severe, short-term depression, but there are those who think that things have gone too far and that the fallout from the global economic cataclysm cannot be accurately calculated if Henry Kissinger's model is chosen. Among them is Richard Holbrooke. What is unknown at this point: if Holbrooke's point of view is, in fact, Obama's.†The consensus view was that the recession would get worse, and that recovery would be “relatively slow and protracted,†and to look for these terms in the press over the next weeks and months.

Estulin reported, “that some leading European bankers faced with the specter of their own financial mortality are extremely concerned, calling this high wire act "unsustainable," and saying that US budget and trade deficits could result in the demise of the dollar.†One Bilderberger said that, “the banks themselves don't know the answer to when (the bottom will be hit).†Everyone appeared to agree, “that the level of capital needed for the American banks may be considerably higher than the US government suggested through their recent stress tests.†Further, “someone from the IMF pointed out that its own study on historical recessions suggests that the US is only a third of the way through this current one; therefore economies expecting to recover with resurgence in demand from the US will have a long wait.†One attendee stated that, “Equity losses in 2008 were worse than those of 1929,†and that, “The next phase of the economic decline will also be worse than the '30s, mostly because the US economy carries about $20 trillion of excess debt. Until that debt is eliminated, the idea of a healthy boom is a mirage.â€[9]

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?con...articleId=13738

What is going on here? :unsure:

i definatly think that the idea that investors are being set up with a false recovery is true. Its how it happened in 1928. The official story was that they kept putting loads of money in, one big guy putting in loads of buys, but the market routed. But the general thought was that it was all a set up to lure in investors before the big one.

Also, even though im sure Bildenburg meetings dont include white cats and dasterdly plans, the idea is worth respecting, whether they are or not directly evil, the evil they personify and reflect definatly exists. There are big players trying to set up smaller players for a fall. thats what they do. Its all relative. They cant keep growing, its absurd, so instead, they make it so everyone else shrinks, thus, they are even bigger than ever. All they have to do is not shrink.

This analogy holds play in simple things, like a man loosing his job. In reality, whats happening is the dude that doesn't loose his job is in an even more secure position. When people loose their jobs, its not always chance and its not always isolated. They become victims and the wolves come out to feed.

Why worry about something you have no control over.. or even know might be remotely true..

All you'll do is put yourself in an early grave...

Get over it...

Move on...

If our leaders are saying "green shoots" in public and "depression" in private, I think investors have every right to be worried!

Ten years ago, when Jon Ronson dared to report on Bilderberg, he found himself "chased by mysterious men in dark glasses through Portugal". He was scared for his safety.

"When I phoned the British embassy and asked them to explain to the powerful secret society that had set their goons on me that I was essentially a humorous journalist out of my depth, I wasn't being funny. I was being genuinely desperate," he wrote.

:ph34r::ph34r:

Guest absolutezero
a person to judge the man by the colour of his skin is also likely to be the man to miss the answers to very important questions.

Man who go through airport turnstile too quickly is going to Bangkok.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/blog/2009/m...-skelton-greece

Our man at Bilderberg: Let's salt the slug in 2010

Publicity is pure poison to the world's global power elite. So we should all turn up to its next annual meeting with a few more tubs of the stuff, writes Charlie Skelton

Ten years ago, when Jon Ronson dared to report on Bilderberg, he found himself "chased by mysterious men in dark glasses through Portugal". He was scared for his safety.

"When I phoned the British embassy and asked them to explain to the powerful secret society that had set their goons on me that I was essentially a humorous journalist out of my depth, I wasn't being funny. I was being genuinely desperate," he wrote. I know exactly how he feels.

Only out of sheer desperation did I try to arrest one of the goons following me and then follow my flimsy leads up the Greek police ladder, finally catching one of the goons wet-handed in the lavatory of the department of government security. And only then did I know the extent of Bilderberg's paranoia: they had set the state police on me.

So who is the paranoid one? Me, hiding in stairwells, watching the pavement behind me in shop windows, staying in the open for safety? Or Bilderberg, with its two F-16s, circling helicopters, machine guns, navy commandos and policy of repeatedly detaining and harassing a handful of journalists? Who's the nutter? Me or Baron Mandelson? Me or Paul Volker, the head of Obama's economic advisory board? Me or the president of Coca-Cola?

It makes me want to spit, the absurdity of it: the cost, not just in Greek tax euros, but on my peace of mind, of having (conservatively) a dozen Jack Bauers assigned to tailing me. I hope the operation at least had a cool name: Operation Catastrophic Overreaction, perhaps.

So, yes, Bilderberg's paranoia is half to blame. But there is another reason why Ronson was hounded round Portugal, why I was chased round Greece, and why on Sunday the Romanian journalist Paul Dorneanu was strip-searched by goons in Vouliagmeni, held for four hours and forced to purge his camera of images (for the crime of trying to film the delegates leaving). And it is this: they can harass and detain us only because so few of us are there.

Just now, I searched for "Bilderberg" on Reuters. I did the same on AP. And this is what I turned up:

[NOTHING!]

Publicity is pure salt to the giant slug of Bilderberg. So I suggest next year we turn up with a few more tubs. If the mainstream press refuses to give proper coverage to this massive annual event, then interested citizens will have to: a people's media. Find the biggest lens you can and join us for Bilderberg 2010. No idea where it's going to be, but there's usually a few days' notice.

We'll have a barbecue selling bilderburgers (with extra lies), and we will set up our own press centre near the cordon. Get some lanyards. Email me at bilderberg2010@yahoo.co.uk and we'll start prepping.

Meanwhile, petition newspapers to send a correspondent. Petition your MP to ask a question in parliament. This happened a few days ago in Holland. Citing an article by Paul Joseph Watson on prisonplanet.com, a Dutch MP asked in parliament about the involvement of the prime minister, the minister for European affairs and Queen Beatrix, asking them to make public any items that were on the agenda, and whether the ratification of the Lisbon treaty was discussed.

I've got a couple of questions I would like to ask Peter Mandelson, mainly about the freedom of the press and what he thinks about a Guardian journalist being detained, shoved and intimidated by the Greek state police on his behalf. Mandelson's office has confirmed his attendance at this year's meeting: "Yes, Lord Mandelson attended Bilberberg. He found it a valuable conference."

Oh, good. Maybe he stole a bathrobe. Peter has been a busy baron these last few days: all that beach volleyball and global strategising, then straight back to address the Google Zeitgeist conference on Monday, where he talked about "the need for regulation" of the internet. "There are worries about the impact of the internet on our society," he said. I bet he is worried; but not half as worried as I am about "the need for regulation".

But these worries are small potatoes compared with the biggest concern Bilderberg 09 has given me. My experience over the last several days in Greece has granted me a single, diamond-hard opinion. Meaning I now have two: that John McEnroe is the greatest sportsman of all time; and that we must fight, fight, fight, now – right now, this second, with every cubic inch of our souls – to stop identity cards.

I can tell you right now that the argument "If I've done nothing wrong, why would I worry about showing who I am?" is hogwash. Worse than that, it's horse hockey. It's all about the power to ask, the obligation to show, the justification of one's existence, the power of the asker over the subservience of the asked. (Did you know that most Greek police don't wear a number? This is an obligation that goes one way.)

I have learned this from the random searches, detentions, angry security goon proddings and thumped police desks without number that I've had to suffer on account of Bilderberg: I have spent the week living in a nightmare possible future and many different terrible pasts. I have had the very tiniest glimpse into a world of spot checks and unchecked security powers. And it has left me shaken. It has left me, literally, bruised.

I can tell you this from personal experience: the onus upon the individual to carry with them some external proof of their identity is transformative of his or her status as a human being. The identity card turns you from a free citizen into a suspect. It is a spanner with which to beat the individual around the head. It is the end of everything. And how much easier to put all that information inside a microchip so you don't have to carry around that pesky card all the time. How much more efficient!

Listen. I don't care if you don't love liberty. For the love of yourself: fight identity cards. Don't let them happen. STOP IDENTITY CARDS. Stop identity cards. And while you're about it: stop identity cards. And that's all I have to say, you will be delighted to know, about Bilderberg 2009. Oh, except for a giant word of thanks to everyone who has written supportive or interested comments on these blogposts (let's meet up for a proper debrief!) And one little correction: for the record, Kenneth Clarke's office has said he was "in his constituency" at the weekend, not at the Astir Palace doing sambuca shots with the CEO of Airbus. Just in case he remembers differently when asked again.

Edited by gruffydd

Alex Jones, conspiracy nut extrodonaire stalks the Bilderberg Group every year. There must be something to it. It gets a lot of press :unsure:

Alex Jones, conspiracy nut extrodonaire stalks the Bilderberg Group every year. There must be something to it. It gets a lot of press :unsure:

Is it any wonder he stalks them if this kind of sh*t is going on? This year was the first time any mainstream media organisation (The Guardian) dared investigate Bilderberg and the conclusions drawn (see gruffydd links above) are very telling indeed!

Ahem! Excuse me, I thought the point made in The Guardian was that Bilderberg gets virtually no MSM coverage?

Edited by gruffydd

I thought the point made in The Guardian was that Bilderberg gets virtually no MSM coverage?

Exactly! And the Guardian couldn't even get one single piece of information out of the those meetings! Not one!

I smell a rat! And before anyone undermines Charlie's credentials...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Skelton

If you read the original link:

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?con...articleId=13738

You find this:

The Obama administration was heavily represented at this years Bilderberg meeting. Among the attendees were Keith B. Alexander, a Lieutenant General of U.S. Army and Director of the National Security Agency, the massive spying agency of the United States; Timothy Geithner, US Treasury Secretary and former President of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York; Richard Holbrooke, the Obama administration’s special envoy for Afghanistan and Pakistan; General James Jones, United States National Security Advisor; Henry Kissinger, Obama’s special envoy to Russia, longtime Bilderberg member and former Secretary of State and National Security Advisor; Dennis Ross, special advisor for the Persian Gulf and Southwest Asia to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton; David Patraeus, Commander of CENTCOM, (U.S. Central Command, in the Middle East), Lawrence Summers, Director of the White House's National Economic Council, former Treasury Secretary in the Clinton administration, former President of Harvard University, former Chief Economist of the World Bank; Paul Volcker, former Governor of the Federal Reserve System and Chair of Obama’s Economic Recovery Advisory Board; Robert Zoellick, former Chairman of Goldman Sachs and current President of the World Bank;[30] and Deputy Secretary of State James Steinberg.[31]

So, Geithner, Summers and Volcker are privately discussing an inevitable depression, yet publicly we are told stuff like this:

President Obama: Time to Buy Stocks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVfhTPLkOj0

Bilderberg founding member and, for 30 years, a steering committee member, Denis Healey has said:[24]

“ To say we were striving for a one-world government is exaggerated, but not wholly unfair. Those of us in Bilderberg felt we couldn't go on forever fighting one another for nothing and killing people and rendering millions homeless. So we felt that a single community throughout the world would be a good thing."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bilderberg_Group

Denis Winston Healey, Baron Healey, CH, MBE, PC (born 30 August 1917) is a British life peer and Labour politician. He was Secretary of State for Defence from 1964 to 1970 and Chancellor of the Exchequer from 1974 to 1979.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denis_Healey

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bilderberg_Group

Denis Winston Healey, Baron Healey, CH, MBE, PC (born 30 August 1917) is a British life peer and Labour politician. He was Secretary of State for Defence from 1964 to 1970 and Chancellor of the Exchequer from 1974 to 1979.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denis_Healey

Yes, but what we were fighting for was to prevent a World dominating tyranny

So it seems to me that establishing such a tyranny is to say the least - counterproductive and defeats the object of the exercise.

:blink:

Yes, but what we were fighting for was to prevent a World dominating tyranny

So it seems to me that establishing such a tyranny is to say the least - counterproductive and defeats the object of the exercise.

:blink:

Of course.

You cannot oppose a methodology by adopting it.

Exactly! And the Guardian couldn't even get one single piece of information out of the those meetings! Not one!

I should of said a lot of alternative media on this. Valid point that the Guardian (MSM) has picked this up. The queen of the Netherlands, Beatrix (who someone tried to assasinate the other day) is heavily involved in this group.

Alex Jones has some good insight into them. However I lose interest after he gets his loudhaler megaphone out and start crowing NWO over and over again. In saying that where there is smoke there is fire.

Other items on the agenda included a plan to “continue to deceive millions of savers and investors who believe the hype about the supposed up-turn in the economy. They are about to be set up for massive losses and searing financial pain in the months ahead,â€

I am not one for conspiracy theories but only tonight I was discussing with a fellow HPCer the possibility of whether a huge PR exercise was underway currently by the US and UK Governments to lure in the only money left - that of the savers - and sucker us all.

I actually think that is what is going on now. I ave my doubts about who or what is buying the shares and driving the markets up.

I think it is one giant con.