House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blankster

How Many More Mps Knew What's Been Going On?

Given that the fiddling of expenses was as widespread as has been exposed, I'd be surprised if it wasn't common knowledge among MPs, including the clean ones. Given that some of the infringements appear to be possible cases of fraud (theft), it would have been a brave whistleblower MP who broke ranks.

I'm now realigning my belief system to adapt to the new reality.

If someone seems like a rogue, they probably are.

If they seem 'quite good', they are probably on the make somewhere along the line, in a small way.

If they seem white than white and holier than thou, they are probably masking a very, very dark secret.

Given that the fiddling of expenses was as widespread as has been exposed, I'd be surprised if it wasn't common knowledge among MPs, including the clean ones. Given that some of the infringements appear to be possible cases of fraud (theft), it would have been a brave whistleblower MP who broke ranks.

I'm now realigning my belief system to adapt to the new reality.

If someone seems like a rogue, they probably are.

If they seem 'quite good', they are probably on the make somewhere along the line, in a small way.

If they seem white than white and holier than thou, they are probably masking a very, very dark secret.

It depends on your definition of "fiddling" the vast majority of it was actually within the rules.

All of them.

Indeed, a friend of Friend who is a MP was a bit shocked by the 'anything goes as long as the Press don't find out' attitude.