House Price Crash Forum
Dubai

States To Collapse Starting July?

Just when I was starting to believe in the recovereh..... :(

I will say those who think things can go on like this, in the economic sphere, the military and political sphere are quite insane. Let's take economics first. What is really going on in the economic sphere is the collapse of the ability to issue debt by all types of economic entities. Whether it is state, city or county government, corporations, non profits, individuals or whoever the capacity to borrow money has ceased. Even after the greatest economic rape and pillage in history, the multi trillion bailout, stimulus blob, there is still no liquidity in the system. And the reason for that is simple, even now risk has not been probably priced into the equation. The reason for that is even more simple: there is no faith in the system and no trust in the system. And the reason for that is even more simple: there has been no accountability for the open criminal activity involved in the economic travails. The reason for the collapse is corruption and criminal fraud. Nothing more and nothing less. And until that fraud and corruption is cut out of the economic system, just like the Aztecs used to rip the still beating heart out of their victims, there will be, nor can there ever be, an economic "recovery."

What is going to happen in July of 2009 is relatively simple. The states, cities and counties of the United States are going to go broke. Not all of them of course, but many of them, maybe even most of them. Certainly enough to trigger a Tsunami of economic chaos unseen in modern history. The Great Depression is nothing. As the social order financed by debt, funded by local spending implodes, we will see levels of social anarchy which usually follow the ends of wars or the collapse of great civilizations. And that is only if we are dealing with economic issues. There are other military issues on the plate that dwarf even economic collapse.

http://www.stevequayle.com/News.alert/09_M....mud.flats.html

Edited by Dubai

What is most worrying to me about the USA is they dont' seem to have the ability to correct problems that emerge. For example insane, out of control litigation has been a big problem for a long time. So where is the legislation to put a stop to it? Or the endless financial fraud committed over the last few years.. where is all the trials for all the fraud that went on? At minimum where is the new laws to prevent it from happening again?

The only way out for America imo is to empower a strongman who will fix all the problems, then a path to bring back democracy.

What is most worrying to me about the USA is they dont' seem to have the ability to correct problems that emerge. For example insane, out of control litigation has been a big problem for a long time. So where is the legislation to put a stop to it? Or the endless financial fraud committed over the last few years.. where is all the trials for all the fraud that went on? At minimum where is the new laws to prevent it from happening again?.

They DO have the ability to correct these problems, but they are rotten to the very core, so they will not. They are loyal to the bankers and the bankers only.

The only way out for America imo is to empower a strongman who will fix all the problems, then a path to bring back democracy.

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...p;#entry1733309

:lol:

Edited by MOP

What is most worrying to me about the USA is they dont' seem to have the ability to correct problems that emerge. For example insane, out of control litigation has been a big problem for a long time. So where is the legislation to put a stop to it? Or the endless financial fraud committed over the last few years.. where is all the trials for all the fraud that went on? At minimum where is the new laws to prevent it from happening again?

You mean like one of these - well, I never!

stalin.jpg

300px-Hitler7.JPG

Edited by The Masked Tulip

Please tell me you are joking/trolling, I don't want to believe anyone can be that dumb.

...And until that fraud and corruption is cut out of the economic system, just like the Aztecs used to rip the still beating heart out of their victims, there will be, nor can there ever be, an economic "recovery."...

What an unfortunate analogy.

Did the Aztecs' victims go on to stage a full and vibrant recovereh?

The US is not even a democracy. You can win the election on less than 50% of the vote.

That's irrelevant. Democracy does not mean a dictatorship of the majority.

Putin/Medvedev get a lot more than 50% of the vote in Russia. Does that make Russia more democratic than the US?

we will see levels of social anarchy which usually follow the ends of wars or the collapse of great civilizations.

The Carpenters story has just been repeated in the states?

It was bad enough having the BBC4 repeat

I was fascinated; but my sick bowl wasn't :(

Edited by Laura

That's irrelevant. Democracy does not mean a dictatorship of the majority.

Putin/Medvedev get a lot more than 50% of the vote in Russia. Does that make Russia more democratic than the US?

If your electing a leader it should be one person one vote, that's not what happens in the States, the college system corrupts the vote.

That's one of the good things about our current flagellating of MP's - at least there is a desire in this country to reform the politicians. Of course it may not work, and the MP's will no doubt try to preserve their entitlements in other more cunning ways.

But in the USA, there's been no real effort from the public or media to push reform of the political system. Our expenses scandal, though it may somtimes appear trivial, is in fact the first step in our social and economic survival.

I will say those who think things can go on like this, in the economic sphere, the military and political sphere are quite insane. Let's take economics first. What is really going on in the economic sphere is the collapse of the ability to issue debt by all types of economic entities. Whether it is state, city or county government, corporations, non profits, individuals or whoever the capacity to borrow money has ceased. Even after the greatest economic rape and pillage in history, the multi trillion bailout, stimulus blob, there is still no liquidity in the system. And the reason for that is simple, even now risk has not been probably priced into the equation. The reason for that is even more simple: there is no faith in the system and no trust in the system. And the reason for that is even more simple: there has been no accountability for the open criminal activity involved in the economic travails. The reason for the collapse is corruption and criminal fraud. Nothing more and nothing less. And until that fraud and corruption is cut out of the economic system, just like the Aztecs used to rip the still beating heart out of their victims, there will be, nor can there ever be, an economic "recovery."

What is going to happen in July of 2009 is relatively simple. The states, cities and counties of the United States are going to go broke. Not all of them of course, but many of them, maybe even most of them. Certainly enough to trigger a Tsunami of economic chaos unseen in modern history. The Great Depression is nothing. As the social order financed by debt, funded by local spending implodes, we will see levels of social anarchy which usually follow the ends of wars or the collapse of great civilizations. And that is only if we are dealing with economic issues. There are other military issues on the plate that dwarf even economic collapse.

Here is why i am saying June -

If you hear a very credible rumour that your shares are going to be worthless in five days time, how soon do you sell them?

The collapse in the ability to issue debt is causing the contraction we are currently going through. I cannot see a total collapse - and I am a pessimist at heart. The multi trillion bailout has been to maintain precisely that faith and trust in the system. The fact some have profited immensely is another story. Further multi-trillion bailouts may have the opposite effect; of scaring the masses that something truly is wrong. It is indeed a matter of trust - and a very fine balancing act. To point out what has caused this mess and who is responsible is equivalent to shouting 'there's a fire, everyone out' in a dark and crowded cinema. There is pain in the system, most of us are going through it.

Do you reraly beleive the USA is going to collapse or are you just going alone for the ride ?

You see those in Europe say the sates is going to fold and in the USA they say it's the UK or Europe but the facts are if one goes they all go so my question is have you stocked on food like i have ready to ride out the storm before we all end up on some type of digital amro ?

You can only save yourslelf by going on a spend, spend, spend and i happen to be selling a car today as luck would have it :lol:

Do you reraly beleive the USA is going to collapse or are you just going alone for the ride ?

You see those in Europe say the sates is going to fold and in the USA they say it's the UK or Europe but the facts are if one goes they all go so my question is have you stocked on food like i have ready to ride out the storm before we all end up on some type of digital amro ?

You can only save yourslelf by going on a spend, spend, spend and i happen to be selling a car today as luck would have it :lol:

This is a good point, if someone really believes in such an imminent collapse, just continuing to get up and go to work as normal etc. is odd behaviour ... much odder than tinfoil-hattery :lol:

The US is not even a democracy. You can win the election on less than 50% of the vote.

Well in the UK you can win absolute power on 36% of the vote - you are then able to do what you want for 5 years without any checks and balances. We have a weak second chamber and weak local government too.

At least in the US there are checks and balances through Congress, powerful states and the Supreme Court.

If you hear a very credible rumour that your shares are going to be worthless in five days time, how soon do you sell them?

you know who's watching & waiting don't you.

He will be on here the 1st of June at 9am with a huge post.

If your electing a leader it should be one person one vote, that's not what happens in the States, the college system corrupts the vote.

The electoral college is irrelevant. In any first-past-the-post system of voting you can win with less than 50% of the vote. It doesn't make it any less democratic - there are no perfect voting systems.

to whom?

This is a good point, if someone really believes in such an imminent collapse, just continuing to get up and go to work as normal etc. is odd behaviour ... much odder than tinfoil-hattery :lol:

Quite.

States can continue to operate against quite alarming levels of background en******edness. I'm for the long decline, distracted by the odd war and bolstered by the progressive enslavement of the people 'for their own good'.