House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tomandlu

Does Anyone Know?....

Does anyone know why t-mobile won't let me use the same debit card to top-up more than one PAYG mobile phones?

I have a vague idea that it might be some anti-terrorism ******, but I suppose it might just be cr@p software at t-mobile...

Because they want to discourage people from owning multiple phones which each get very little use, and want to encourage people to have only one phone that they spend it all on, thereby reducing operating costs for the phone company?

I don't buy the anti-terrorism explanation. A debit card is linked to a bank account, which requires positive identification in order to open. If anything, having multiple mobiles linked to the same account would make it easier for the authorities to track. I'm sure the real terrorists top up their mobiles with cash anyway, to avoid identifying themselves.