House Price Crash Forum

House prices up!

Rents increasing!

Pound Rising!

FTSE recovering!

Unemployment not rising as fast as people feared (no longer expected to hit 3 million mark by year end)!

These are all facts!! Good times are slowly returning!

Is now the time for bears to jump in or risk another decade on pricedout.org!

House prices up!

Rents increasing!

Pound Rising!

FTSE recovering!

Unemployment not rising as fast as people feared (no longer expected to hit 3 million mark by year end)!

Im far from being an expert but even I know your an idiot!!

House prices up!

Rents increasing!

Pound Rising!

FTSE recovering!

No.

House prices up!

Rents increasing!

Pound Rising!

FTSE recovering!

A struggling economy cannot handle this. :rolleyes:

Guest theboltonfury
House prices up!

Rents increasing!

Pound Rising!

FTSE recovering!

You're not the Messiah, you are just a very silly boy.

House prices up!

Rents increasing!

Pound Rising!

FTSE recovering!

The nice man at the Nationwide says prices to fall for the rest of the year ?

House prices up!

Rents increasing!

Pound Rising!

FTSE recovering!

:rolleyes:

See below.

You all dismiss him.

But the statement of "the economy is slowly recovering" is worth discussion, we could be at that point and the UK PMI next week will be a key report. We may have a rainbow chaffinch event as predicted by some posters we may have a W recession, but these are no mean certaintites, like recovery is no certainity.

Also over the past 3 months I have noticed some long term bears on here saying "I have gone and done it and bought a house" something that I have never seen before.

You all dismiss him.

But the statement of "the economy is slowly recovering" is worth discussion, we could be at that point and the UK PMI next week will be a key report. We may have a rainbow chaffinch event as predicted by some posters we may have a W recession, but these are no mean certaintites, like recovery is no certainity.

Also over the past 3 months I have noticed some long term bears on here saying "I have gone and done it and bought a house" something that I have never seen before.

What is there to drive the recovery? The boom was based on debt and financial services. There may be a temporay bounce will some people extend themselves further into debt but beyond that what will drive growth? The only reason for buying in is that inflation may be usd by teh government to hid teh economic problems

You all dismiss him.

What is there to drive the recovery? The boom was based on debt and financial services. There may be a temporay bounce will some people extend themselves further into debt but beyond that what will drive growth? The only reason for buying in is that inflation may be usd by teh government to hid teh economic problems

You all dismiss him.

The big thing is sentiment. Even if people don't have the money they always find a way! Sentiment is improving and headlines such as FTSE > 5% in a month House prices up are just going to improve sentiment!!

House prices up!

Rents increasing!

Pound Rising!

FTSE recovering!

LOL! :lol:

I'm sure the bears that have bought had a good reason to do so. Perhaps they were happy with the reduction and weren't concerned re further drops, perhaps there were personal reasons for needing to do so. I doubt very, very much that they bought thinking that we were anywhere near the end of this mess.

You all dismiss him.

Well, i'm a long term bear but would buy at the right place. If individuals have got deals that their own circumstances warrant then good for them.

The dick of an OP who still doesn't have a grasp of what demand is is desperately hoping that house prices will rise based upon his ownership of a property that is worth mush less than he paid for it.

Rents, up 0.3% after a long fall.

House prices, down 0.3% on a 3 month rolling average.

Blanchflower expecting job losses of 100k per month (although it was his fault in the first place)

House prices haven't fallen as no-one is selling. As I keep saying, prices fall, volumes increase. My Rover is still worth £25k, 'cos until I sell it, no-one can prove otherwise.

its an artificial bottom caused by temporary measures designed specifically to look like we have hit a bottom.

Once the interest rates go up on the back of the bond market collapsing, once we are technically out of the recession but consumption being far far below what we used to have (70% of our economy), the tax hikes come in and the spending is cut, we get recession mark two - otherwise known as real life for the next 10 years.

House prices up!

Rents increasing!

Pound Rising!

FTSE recovering!

The total illusion caused by temporay low interest rates and pumping money into the economy. wait for rates to turn, inflation rises and nothing to sustain economic growth. Look at the real world of depressed order books and redundancies.

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
The big thing is sentiment. Even if people don't have the money they always find a way! Sentiment is improving and headlines such as FTSE > 5% in a month House prices up are just going to improve sentiment!!

Skipping to work and singing, "The hills are alive...." doesn't seem to have made my deposit any bigger.

Or put up my wages, or decreased the average debt burden of anyone who didn't leave school at 16.

If you need a mortgage, you can't afford it.

Perpetual growth is a load of ********.

Edited by DissipatedYouthIsValuable

House prices up!

Rents increasing!

Pound Rising!

FTSE recovering!

Hahaha...you wish. Read a book or research the previous crashes PLEASE....there is a long way to go yet.

I know you said you wanted to buy another BTL soon...part of me wants to tell you to go and buy now as we have reached bottom, it would serve you right for this trolling, but I'm not that cruel.

You only have to look at what the Nationwide say themselves this morning:

"During the downturn of the early 1990s, there were many months during which prices rose, only to fall back down again in subsequent periods," said Martin Gahbauer, Nationwide's chief economist.

"In the current downturn, the combination of rapidly rising unemployment and tight access to credit implies that the last of the price declines has probably not been seen yet."

Edited by Jim B.

On the subject of the economy, the mewing and easy credit obviously fueled a boom, the question is how much did that easy credit add to GDP. Was it 2% or 10%, I do not know, but the question is has the very sharp drop of in the GDP's of the western world plus Japan returned GDP to a natural level without easy credit.

The one area that has astounded me in the past 6 months is retail sales, if we have credit being pulled and no more mewing and the fear of redundancy why are reatil sales holding up so well. You would expect them to fall by at least 5%. This indicates that the UK consumer is not as broke as was thought. This inventory will have to be replaced at some point.

As soon as the economy turns the banks will feel more confident less fear of repos, businesses going bust and will stop having to write down the value of their assets. Having said that it still took 5 years for HPI to start after the last recession so it would be logical to think that we are still some way away from HPI.

The big thing is production

It aint happening because the economy is still saddled with paralysing costs from thirty years of systemic theft and will be for the foreseeable future - though there may be a temporary surge in some asset prices, it will be revealed to be ultimately hollow.