House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ruffneck

Crazy Ways To Halt 'global Warming'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthnews...ate-change.html

Prof Steven Chu, the US Energy Secretary, who is attending the talks, has already called for all the roofs in the world to be painted white in order to reflect the sun's rays and decrease global warming.
Prince Charles said world leaders must not hesitate in reducing carbon emissions. He has already suggested paying poorer countries not to cut down rainforests after research showed more than a fifth of carbon emissions are caused by deforestation.

:lol: i sure hope these clowns do not shape future policy

how about instead of paying countries to not cut down rainforest , stop buying less cheap tat instead?

Less ice means more absorption of heat by the planet. More ice means more reflection by the planet of heat back into space. It's why lighter coloured clothing is better than dark coloured clothing on hot days. White paint performs a similar function.

It's elementary science, even if it does sound silly. ;)

We can solve the problem simply by creating a Law that demands everyone leave their fridge / freezer doors open.

I have been staying in a Hotel in Australia on business this week. The hotel is a run of the mill type of hotel in the City with all sorts of people staying there, all nationalities, French, German, Japanese, Chinese and every other flavour of mankind.

Sitting at the busy bar at lunchtime and admiring the view of Sydney Harbour I saw a Discovery Programme that looked interesting come onto the huge plasma screen. The volume was turned off, and I asked the Barman if he could turn up the volume as I was interested in listening.

I sat there in amazement as they had sheep with gas masks on and bottles on their backs to collect their burps and a tube up their ars3 to collect their farts.

This was an experiment at collecting the gasses, and they went on to say that the worlds animals such as sheep and cows and indeed wild animals are causing 20% of greenhouse emissions.

I kid you not, I had a full bladder of beer when the entire bar, and the dinner sitting at the tables broke out in a raucus laughter..........it went of for five minutes with people banging the tables with laughter at the stupidity of these people involved in these projects. I nearly p1ssed myself laughing, and had to run off to the loo quickly.

A discussion took place after and everyone was convinced it is simply jobs for scientists and us mugs the public will be the ones aske to pay their wages.

The people running the assylum are indeed mad.

Less ice means more absorption of heat by the planet. More ice means more reflection by the planet of heat back into space. It's why lighter coloured clothing is better than dark coloured clothing on hot days. White paint performs a similar function.

It's elementary science, even if it does sound silly. ;)

if you believe in the 'greenhouse effect' wouldn't it be true that reflected light would bounce off these painted roofs back into the atmosphere and then bounce back to the earth due to the 'greenhouse effect' anyway?

complete waste of time , junk science

if you believe in the 'greenhouse effect' wouldn't it be true that reflected light would bounce off these painted roofs back into the atmosphere and then bounce back to the earth due to the 'greenhouse effect' anyway?

I used to have a lot of faith in Scientists.

Then I grew up and realised that they are whores for the gumment, and will endorse whichever politically correct dogma is in fashion.

There are of course exceptions, but they are generally ridiculed and have funding withdrawn.... there is no room for Free Thinkers today.

Paying poor countries "not to do stuff" is doomed to fail!

Rain forests could be managed, cut a bit, replant, and we could have an endless supply of mahogany toilet seats,

and a place for the weird animals to live!

A lot of forests are cut for the commercial pressures of agriculture! more cows/sheep/llamas or whatever!

It was done here in UK thousands of years ago. Not sure that this will be easy to change!

If the world Gov decides we all have to have white roofs, invest in titanium....

Many years ago the Governmnent of Easter Island decided we all needed big stone heads,

and look what happened to them! :(

We can solve the problem simply by creating a Law that demands everyone leave their fridge / freezer doors open.

Or build an enormous freezer in Russia.

Have it running all winter generating heat then in the summer whenever you get a heatwave turn it off and open the lid.

Sorted.

No, because light would be reflected back. The problem with heat arrives when the ground or other bodies absorb solar radiation, warm up and emit infra red (heat) into the atmosphere which absorbs it. :rolleyes:

Guest anorthosite
if you believe in the 'greenhouse effect'

And if you don't, please explain why you aren't a block of ice right now.

And if you don't, please explain why you aren't a block of ice right now.

I think Jim Kirk has his hands around ruffneck right now.

Guest anorthosite
I think Jim Kirk has his hands around ruffneck right now.

You seem to be as obsessed with Jim Kirk and the giant pink dildo as Scunnered was with the mesmerHoff :o

You seem to be as obsessed with Jim Kirk and the giant pink dildo as Scunnered was with the mesmerHoff :o

And as obsessed as you are with Anthea BTL. ;)

Guest anorthosite
And as obsessed as you are with Anthea BTL. ;)

I prefer the word "crazed".

I prefer the word "crazed".

No, crazed is when you want to reach for your revolver. You clearly want to reach for something else.

Guest anorthosite
No, crazed is when you want to reach for your revolver. You clearly want to reach for something else.

Her throat?

No, because light would be reflected back. The problem with heat arrives when the ground or other bodies absorb solar radiation, warm up and emit infra red (heat) into the atmosphere which absorbs it. :rolleyes:

what about houses in northern england say , by painting their roofs white this would decrease heat absorption thus leading to a colder roof thus the house may need more energy to heat it?

what about houses in northern england say , by painting their roofs white this would decrease heat absorption thus leading to a colder roof thus the house may need more energy to heat it?

If light is reflected back, then it won't be absorbed as heat.

But if it has cavity wall and loft insulation, the heat wouldn't get through to the interior anyway.

As greenhouse gases from animal farts are such a problem, why isnt it law that all animal and human arses have a 'flare-off' pipe attached like oil rigs do? then everyone could go around with a little pilot light on their heads?

Actually, I've just realised that the flares might heat everywhere up... needs some thought before implementing... :unsure:

Painting your roof white is a campaign started by Dulux to boost sales of their paints.

BUY DULUX SHARES NOW, THEY'RE GONNA GO TO DA MOON.