House Price Crash Forum

No Internet Connection Due To Wife

HOLA441

Not sure how long I'm going to be offline as my wife decided to switch phone providers to talk talk and now I have no broadband.

Quite how talk talk have managed to cancel by Sky connection is beyond me as it's in my name.

Been on the phone for over 1 hour this morning talking to retards talking from a crib sheet telling me how they understand my frustration etc....

Not happy and certainly not with the wife.

Talking to my mate last night he said it's probably down to a line marker(?) on the line and it took him months to sort it out.

The wife wouldn't win any popularity contests in my house at the minute. Had to borrow someone elses connection to post this while I write an email to complain to talk talk.

HOLA442
Not sure how long I'm going to be offline as my wife decided to switch phone providers to talk talk and now I have no broadband.

Quite how talk talk have managed to cancel by Sky connection is beyond me as it's in my name.

Been on the phone for over 1 hour this morning talking to retards talking from a crib sheet telling me how they understand my frustration etc....

Not happy and certainly not with the wife.

Talking to my mate last night he said it's probably down to a line marker(?) on the line and it took him months to sort it out.

The wife wouldn't win any popularity contests in my house at the minute. Had to borrow someone elses connection to post this while I write an email to complain to talk talk.

Get yourself a Three 3G dongle and a PAYG data. Cheap and fast enough.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

We had major problems when switching my old Mum from BT to Talk talk... Absolutely infuriaiting.... Fecked up the phone lines completely, lines crackling and the internet kept closing down.

3 months of stress for her and us and went back to BT and all was fine again.

All that to save a few quid a month, nothing wrong with the service. BT even dropped package price to match Talk Talk when she returned.

:blink:

HOLA446
We had major problems when switching my old Mum from BT to Talk talk... Absolutely infuriaiting.... Fecked up the phone lines completely, lines crackling and the internet kept closing down.

3 months of stress for her and us and went back to BT and all was fine again.

All that to save a few quid a month, nothing wrong with the service. BT even dropped package price to match Talk Talk when she returned.

:blink:

I have just switched from BT to Talk Talk and it is well worth it. Was paying £79 a quarter for broadband and £38 a month for the phone so all in about £65 a month. Im now on Talk Talk and it costs £22 a month for exactly the same service. It was reasonably painless as well although had to use a 3G dongle for a couple of weeks.

HOLA447
I have just switched from BT to Talk Talk and it is well worth it. Was paying £79 a quarter for broadband and £38 a month for the phone so all in about £65 a month. Im now on Talk Talk and it costs £22 a month for exactly the same service. It was reasonably painless as well although had to use a 3G dongle for a couple of weeks.

I`m sure they get it right most of the time but just chucking out personal experience. Anyone messes with my old Mum will only do it once :lol:

HOLA448
HOLA449
God it's like being back on dial up.

Not been on such a slow connection for about 3 years.

How the hell can I have a 12mb connection on Wed and then get a 512kb connection 48hrs later.

Talk Talk need a name change to Talk Sh1t.

Woah! that's harsh. Go back to BT for the sake of your marriage.

HOLA4410

To add my experiences.

I migrated to TalkTalk to take advantage of the international call rates (foreign wife)

They offer broadband and telephone for less then my previous ISP was charging for broadband alone.

It was a painless transition, and we have had no problems so far.

Never had a dropped connection for broadband, and never had a poor telephone connection.

They even allow me to do fairly unrestricted P2P.

(Just to redress the balance a bit)

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

We use O2, its cheap and cheerfull and the download is 2mb due to the local exchange rather than O2's network.

All of O2's call centres are in the UK, and for that fact alone I would use them even if they were sh1te as their customer service is absolutely fantastic, nothings a problem, they are simply the best for Broadband and mobile phones.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
Does anyone else wonder, how someone posts on the internet - I have no internet connection........???

If you had read the whole thread you'd have seen that he was using a friends connection :rolleyes:

Anyway, for what it's worth, I was with Talk Talk, it was the biggest pile of dogs doo doo I'd ever had, ended up taking them to the Small Claims Court and got £550, back with BT now, maybe more expensive but I've never lost my connection.

HOLA4415
God it's like being back on dial up.

Not been on such a slow connection for about 3 years.

How the hell can I have a 12mb connection on Wed and then get a 512kb connection 48hrs later.

Talk Talk need a name change to Talk Sh1t.

I am sure they will be giving you a higher contention ratio so they can get more customers to share one piece of wet string. I just stick with BT, they provide all the service anyway, nearly all the other so called Broadband providers are really just middle men unless they genuinely provide their own network - which is most likely for the Cable guys.

HOLA4416

Archived