House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
babesagainstmachines

Media Is A Joke

Actually it's not a joke. It's an extremely sophisticated propaganda machine. The message they spew is appaling.

EVERY mainstream media outlet coverered the house price rise from Nationwide as a positive thing.

I am fed up f*cking sick of the f*cking sh*tty crap b*llocks w*nk smelly scrotum of a "NEWS" industry in this country.

WHY THE F*CK IS RISING PRICES OF ANYTHING A GOOD THING? EVER?

ARGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!

dont worry mate, people want to own houses the fact is most now CANT... the media cant spin their way out of this one!

this is long term and will be deep.

Until lending resumes nothing will change and will most likely get worse!

dont worry mate, people want to own houses the fact is most now CANT... the media cant spin their way out of this one!

I've no doubt the media have a very limited ability to effect the crash. It's extremely worrying to me that the future home owners have no point of view represented though. It's a single message from all mainstream sources - rising house prices is good.

They wouldn't print an article saying bread going up in price is good. Why do it for houses, a basic human neccessity.

slightly different a commodity to a necessity...

you consume one, and reside in another...

Sitting on a asset is different to eating it... lol

but I can see your point, in some countries they fix the price of fuel to control stability in the economy, maybe the same should apply to houses to control the nonsense in future.

Actually it's not a joke. It's an extremely sophisticated propaganda machine. The message they spew is appaling.

EVERY mainstream media outlet coverered the house price rise from Nationwide as a positive thing.

I am fed up f*cking sick of the f*cking sh*tty crap b*llocks w*nk smelly scrotum of a "NEWS" industry in this country.

WHY THE F*CK IS RISING PRICES OF ANYTHING A GOOD THING? EVER?

ARGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!

And would you be so upset if the number had been negative and the media had covered it as "continued gloom where will all this end etc etc"... I doubt it..... you have double standards.

Besides anyone who puts any faith in these numbers whether they are up or down must be some kind of idiot.

slightly different a commodity to a necessity...

you consume one, and reside in another...

Sitting on a asset is different to eating it... lol

but I can see your point, in some countries they fix the price of fuel to control stability in the economy, maybe the same should apply to houses to control the nonsense in future.

The land is the asset, the house is the commodity, though it is "consumed" very slowly via maintenance.

In a free market you would assume that maybe one of the more left leaning newspapers would present the news as "misery for the young as house prices rise". None of that tho, just pure joy that things are getting dearer.

And would you be so upset if the number had been negative and the media had covered it as "continued gloom where will all this end etc etc"... I doubt it..... you have double standards.

Besides anyone who puts any faith in these numbers whether they are up or down must be some kind of idiot.

I would. There should be BALANCED coverage. I absolutely hate it that falling prices is universally considered gloom. It should be celebrated.

I'm not complaining about a statistical anomoly, I'm complaining about the propaganda it leads to.

they spin the same with oil, such is it's link that if oil rises, houses will surely follow.

Actually it's not a joke. It's an extremely sophisticated propaganda machine.

Yes. Chomsky's "Manufacturing Consent" is an excellent read for anyone wanting to understand how the vested interests in the rich elite owned media group thinks it's way into acting as a de facto propaganda machine even though it is relatively a "free" press.

Some great charts showing how a single victim of Communist atrocities (a Polish priest) received 1000s column inches in New York Times & such, when at the same time over a 1000 victims of US Capitalist atrocities (including 4 American Nuns) received only around 80 column inches collectively.

...In a free market you would assume that maybe one of the more left leaning newspapers would present the news as "misery for the young as house prices rise". None of that tho, just pure joy that things are getting dearer.

It's pretty simple.

FTBs and the bears are looking at the purchase price, whilst homeowners are looking at the disposal price. Whilst these are the same nominal amount, they are very different in terms of the effect on one's financial situation. It should be obvious that those with assets to sell in the future would be glad to see the price rise rather than fall: they have a vested interest in selling at the best price.

The next stage is to ask oneself how many people who don't own houses own a newspaper, television station or political power.

MSM is dieing a slow death and many newspapers are in big financial trouble.

If you want to be told what to think then keep watching the class god in the corner and i don't care who you are your stupid if you think your so smart that none of the propaganda reaches your brain.

i like coranation street as if it's normal to have transvestikes running around the place and no one say a thing.

'Stan have you remembered to send in your tax return else you will be gettng a fine' :lol:

Won't be long before they try to censor the internet so no one dare say a thing well kiss my a$$ big bro

QFT and I'll add that lending cannot return to 'normal' for years, possibly ever, because that lending depended on a complex calculations that removed risk from lending.

They have now realised that without risk there can be no return on investment so tens of Trillions of dollars have simply vanished from the lending capacity of the world.

The only thing that will bring lending back to any like (and not even near) what it was before, is the repayment of all the gargantuan debt. Three times GDP - you are talking about a decade to make inroads to it.