House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RDW

The Misses Now Thinks I'm An Idiot

A house that we have been watching has just gone SSTC.

It started this time last year at £365k in Dec 08 it went down to £297k, I was prepared to deal at £250k.

We really liked the house but I would say 'chillax I know what I'm doing, just wait'

Now the house is SSTC and 5 Live are banging the Nationwide news all morning and she thinks I'm cluelass.

<_<

It started this time last year at £365k in Dec 08 it went down to £297k, I was prepared to deal at £250k.

We really liked the house but I would say 'chillax I know what I'm doing, just wait'

Now the house is SSTC and 5 Live are banging the Nationwide news all morning and she thinks I'm cluelass.

<_<

As far as Nationwide is concerned: SPIN SPIN SPIN

As for this property there is a massive chance it will fall through because it's still so difficult to get a mortgage for most people.

Maybe you will miss out on this house, but there are always others. I strongly believe the worst is yet to come. Fear not!

<_<

i'd think the same as soon as 'chillax' crossed your lips..... ;)

seriously, i'm in a similar position; although i believe it's only idiots causing a mini-spike, if enough idiots go for it then they really could cause some damage to our unerringly accurate calculations!

<_<

SSTC means nothing. As Bloo Loo keeps saying : " dont forget, this is the land of broken chains... only takes one in the chain who was overoptimistic on his deal and fails to get finance, and the rest dont go through, the one next to the fail to maybe even to bridge, maybe even a bigger mortgage they cant afford... who knows. "

If the house sells they might be doing you a favour. I know its hard, the waiting, the fear, the doubts, the bulls, the ramping but the FACTS speak for themselves. Property is HUGELY overvalued it HAS to fall back in line with lenders now being reliant on deposits, deposits falling, lenders needing to rebuild their books , sensible lending levels , the UK heading towards bankruptcy and and and....

It must be tough on the guys out there trying to do the right think with wives desperate for homes but YOU KNOW in your heart of hearts which way this is going and that whilst you might lose this property there will be others.

This summer was always going to be the one that sellers had ONE LAST GO at 2007 prices it is all down hill from here.

Your misses is correct. You have missed the boat and will never own a dream property. :rolleyes:

<_<

You are similar to others here including myself. If you want to buy at the 250k price you woud be very lucky to get it now. I bet they are SSTC at somewhere nearer 275k +. You need to stop looking until that type of house is down to the asking price of 275k and you should get it for 250k. Your ahead of the curve. So your wife is not wrong at this moment in time. Best you tell her that before she takes all your house with her! If you want a drastic reuction look at auctions, nice houses do still sell at this moment given we have the false dawn of a "spring bounce" . The later part of the year is going to be better for you to buy. By then the wife will also grudgingly be shagging you again!

Edited by Tim Miller

I know where your coming from mate, women have a very strong nesting instinct and have been the path to negative equity for many a wise bear.

There has been a big rise in women getting above themselves in the post war period, we just have to stay strong and hope they don't divorce us, because then we will be even worse off financially than if we just bought in 2007.

<_<

your misses may think your an idiot but mises wouldnt

show her this

bubble_lifecycle.gif.jpg

post-2696-1243586813_thumb.jpg

Edited by lowrentyieldmakessense(honest!)

<_<

How can you be clueless? No doubt she would have paid the £365k. Whoever bought it is unlikely to have paid more than £280k so you have saved yourselves £70k.

I think men should start off-loading some of the clueless women that are about.

to be honest, I'd think anyone that says "chillax" is an idiot.

Or Peter Andre, in which case I refer you to my earlier comment.

Edited by Rachman

chill out... if you woman has lost trust in you and calls you an idiot... let her go my friend.

plenty others out their who still have faith in your methods.

if you feel you have lost it, just outbid the buyer... simple.

don't worry what others think, just get what YOU want! and be selfish!

<_<

What does chillax mean anyway ?... I reckon the your wife may well have been right..

How can you be clueless? No doubt she would have paid the £365k. Whoever bought it is unlikely to have paid more than £280k so you have saved yourselves £70k.

I think men should start off-loading some of the clueless women that are about.

Yes dump her right now! Err, ................is she good looking, if so could I trouble you for her number! LOL.

I hope for your sake that the sale falls through and you do get another bite of the cherry, if she is like most chicks she won't let you forget it in a hurry if you miss out.

<_<

Same happened to me, anything in our price range or just above has gone SSTC or under offer in the last couple of week.

At least I was an idiot before then so have no more credibility to lose.

VMR.

Life is too short to have a controlling partner, male or female, in your life. It always ends up in tears, stress and financial ruin for one partner.

Very well put with a logic that illustrates why the geeks rule! I have never understood why people put up with all that controlling stuff like:

Do you fancy a quick beer - better check with the missus!

Do you fancy dinner - I will have to check with the other half

Pathetic and I bet some even have joint bank accounts :P

Life is too short to have a controlling partner, male or female, in your life. It always ends up in tears, stress and financial ruin for one partner.

Given your avatar that is an interesting statment! Aren't you the poster who was speaking about NHS counsellors yesterday ? Truth is we ALL control to some degree. Ever read any Carlos Castenada? His teacher always said that we need our "petty tyrants" they are the people that really help us grow. Hard to be grateful to the Rinoas and McTavish's but everyone teaches us something about ourselves, and remember most people are merely a reflection of who we are in truth. In my experience, that is from observation, if you find yourself in a controlling relationship with partners , friends, work associates you can leave the situation but you will find yourself either in the same situation again and again OR you become the controller in the next relationship. Everything we meet in this life is only being presented to us in order that we find balance. Many are going to find themselves stuck in negative equity with controlling partners and one hell of a life situation, such situations make or break us.....

"Bless the one you are with" ....not always easy, but then its not always possible to walk away.

Edited by Sybil13

MarkyB is entirely right. No-one should take that kind of abuse.

RDW: On the face it you might already have grounds for divorce - on the basis of your wife's unreasonable behaviour.

Assuming you don't want to file for divorce call your wife's bluff instead.

Get her to sign a legally binding agreement absolving you personally of any losses between the price you are prepared to pay and what she is.

That way you share the gains but not the pains.

If she is so confident, she will accept and you get your house without the fear of paying for her additional recklessness.

If not then you know she was prepared to put you in the firing line for her own ends.

Sorry to have to say this but its better to flush out the truth now.

Edited by Dave Spart

I had a couple of close calls with my wife who wanted to buy at over the odds, backed up by her dad who keeps informing me that I need to buy now before prices rise because when they do it will be quick and I may miss the boat. He's been telling me this since last April. Each time I tell him about U shaped recoveries and unemployment always bringing down prices etc. etc. but 2 months later he's lecturing me again with the same tripe as if I've said nothing.

However after making sure my wife reads all the right stuff about the economy (she's become a regular FT reader) she's become a proper little bear and is talking about buying in a few years to avoid having a mortgage at all.

Edited by researchmug

Better not to bid and be thought an idiot than to overbid and remove all doubt.

Similar boat.

House on market way back at 465

Reduced to 440 I think in Sept last year.

We offered 360 in February, they claimed they would take 380 if we agreed that day! Declined.

Asking price went down to 400 in March.

SSTC about a month ago.

As of yesterday available again!

Might go back with a 330 offer ....

cheers

J