Mouse price valuation 215 ranging between 195 - 235

What would you offer?

*awaiting the inevitable 1p offers lol*

Asking price 299

Last sold in 2004 for 214

What would you offer?

Start of at £250k. Be prepared to go to £270k though.

Eh? Why not go in at 299 and take some KY with you?

lol..

Yeah I would think that peak valuation on this place was around 259 max, and I'm a fairly paranoid kinda guy so would certainly want to come in way below that... I think the sellers are pricing very high anticipating a good knocking down.

Trouble is, I absolutely love the place! It's a really beautiful 'home'. Not in a huge rush but would be gutted to lose it, however at the same time would hate to over burden myself as only have around £50k deposit... it's a tricky one.. it's definitely the sort of home that someone else will also fall in love with and be prepared to pay the premium on.. but more than anything I like a bl00dy good bargain so am in a bit of a dilemma!

£220k or so and I'd be delighted but if they're asking £300k maybe I'm living in fantasy land...

lol..

Yeah I would think that peak valuation on this place was around 259 max, and I'm a fairly paranoid kinda guy so would certainly want to come in way below that... I think the sellers are pricing very high anticipating a good knocking down.

Trouble is, I absolutely love the place! It's a really beautiful 'home'. Not in a huge rush but would be gutted to lose it, however at the same time would hate to over burden myself as only have around £50k deposit... it's a tricky one.. it's definitely the sort of home that someone else will also fall in love with and be prepared to pay the premium on.. but more than anything I like a bl00dy good bargain so am in a bit of a dilemma!

£220k or so and I'd be delighted but if they're asking £300k maybe I'm living in fantasy land...

Did the owner do any improvements to justify the price ? if not, that's not at a crash price.

move along, plenty more to come.

a £200,000 mortgage.... jeeze us ! :o (they'll want it all paid back)

lol..

We were in a similar position a little while back. House was on for £279k, had been on for a year with no reductions. Offered £240k (not even sure the EA passed on the offer) The vendors apparently had already refused £260k. They were clearly in no rush & were waiting for somebody to fall in love with it. They are still waiting (it did go sstc for a few weeks) Hopefully they will find somebody who wants to pay top dollar, then it falls through at the valuation stage.

Gonna wait for somebody that is a little more motivated to move. :)

Asking price 299

What would you offer?

That's the key, whether or not there have been substantial improvements to the property.

Either way, the property is still massively overpriced.

If there have been no improvements, offer 2002 prices. I'm sticking to this rule.

a £200,000 mortgage.... jeeze us ! :o (they'll want it all paid back)

Which is 2.5x joint salary... and we're young.. it's fine.. :P

Asking price 299

What would you offer?

where is it and what is it. If it's in the SE, prices did not really move much till 2004/5 - elsewhere they were just stopping rising then (in England in a lot of cases). So the 2004 price could be the same as the 2000 price.... - and as for mousprices, it's about as reliable as Zoopla - i.e. drivel.

I love all the people saying they know it's not at crash prices, they've not seen it or know where it is, but by the power of their keyboard can value it and tell you you are thinking of offering too much... - same with £200K mortgage - that's peanuts for a lot of people (in work) - different people have different circumstances - if I said I had a million quid mortgage, you'd no doubt think, Christ, but what if I earned half a million a year ? [neither are true, by the way]

Edited by Rachman

where is it and what is it. If it's in the SE, prices did not really move much till 2004/5 - elsewhere they were just stopping rising then (in England in a lot of cases). So the 2004 price could be the same as the 2000 price.... - and as for mousprices, it's about as reliable as Zoopla - i.e. drivel.

I love all the people saying they know it's not at crash prices, they've not seen it or know where it is, but by the power of their keyboard can value it and tell you you are thinking of offering too much... - same with £200K mortgage - that's peanuts for a lot of people (in work) - different people have different circumstances - if I said I had a million quid mortgage, you'd no doubt think, Christ, but what if I earned half a million a year ? [neither are true, by the way]

didn't you say you earned half a bar in a previous thread, rachman ?

i took it to mean 'a bar' was slang for a million....i'd never heard of the term before. So apologies if i've misunderstood.

i agree about different circumstances. However In my area prices had a second spurt after the brief respite in 2004/2005 to reach quite insane levels by late 2006 early 2007....infact 2007 rather than the 20-25% YoY increases of 2003 was the near-capitulation period if you were a ftb, the decline was a blessed relief. but as you say there's a lot of regional variances.

Edited by spivtastic

didn't you say you earned half a bar in a previous thread, rachman ?

i took it to mean 'a bar' was slang for a million....i'd never heard of the term before. So apologies if i've misunderstood.

not last year :) - M&A is down.... :) and it definitely won't be this year either..... - in the good years, you take the money, in the less good ones, you make sure you saved enough from the good ones and you don't overstretch.... Edited by Rachman

Asking price 299

What would you offer?

I would offer what it is worth to me, but only if I wanted it.

• The concept of value is abstract - it is only concrete when you say what it is worth and to whom

• There is no formula which calculates value from data

Which is 2.5x joint salary... and we're young.. it's fine.. :P

Good-on-ya ;) and young...

£80,000 pa joint income you should do fine, but still think you should only buy at crash prices.

also work on that deposit, the best mortgage deals will go to those that save.

lol..

Hold on a bit longer; there'll be plenty more places to fall in love with, especially with an extra £100,000 in your pocket (which essentially you'll have just by waiting for prices to fall).

What would the place have been worth in 2000/01?

As a rough guess if it was worth £260,000 in 2007 it'll probably bottom out at £130,000 - £150,000; anything you pay above this is money lost.

the world is full of beeyotiful wimin and beeyootiful homes.

missed one, there'll be another along in a minute.

the world is full of beeyotiful wimin and beeyootiful homes.

missed one, there'll be another along in a minute.

Well said Bloo Loo

Women and homes

Marriage and home ownership

The same saying applies - Buy/marry in haste, regret at leisure

Well said Bloo Loo

Women and homes

Marriage and home ownership

The same saying applies - Buy/marry in haste, regret at leisure

welcome KO.

Asking price 299

What would you offer?

Depends where it is, if its Birmingham offer £190K, if its Greater London (expect Croydon, that place is Chav central) offer £250k+, if its Hull offer a bag of chips and a battered sausage!!!.

ps. If its Salford its probably going to be burnt down by the time you go for a second viewing, same goes for Coventry and Luton!!

are you a boxer ?

Im a cocker spaniel if you are interested.

Asking price 299

What would you offer?

Greedy, c***s.

Offer them less than they paid for it; a good bit less.

The won't accept it but it will get them twitching.