House Price Crash Forum

Question Time Tonight

HOLA441

very disappointing QT tonight I thought.

I too sensed that UKIP were set up - I know farage is a prat but week in week out most of the things he was saying about controlled immigration etc would have been widely supported - not booed before he even said anything

Why didn't Dumblybee get to the nub of any issues? It all drifted along without going anywhere.

Which brings me to the main point I wanted to make; why was there virtually nothing about what these parties ACTUALLY PROPOSE TO DO about any issue of any note?? Its not as if they wasted ages going on about expenses / corruption - they skirted round it.

Even when a couple of people in the audience begged to get onto actual issues STILL nothing interesting was said about who HAS DONE what in Europe and more to the point WHAT ANY OF THEM WOULD DO in Europe.

Am I going mad - have I missed something??! I've got a couple of crappy propaganda leaflets which told me practically nothing - I mean who doesn't want their MEP to work 'tirlessly for' safer streets / clean enviroment / better transport etc etc OBVIOUSLY I want that, but nobody seems to be able to explain how their ideas are better than the other parties, what new proposals they have and why they think they'll be more sucsessful - just pointless guff and platitudes. and thats the two that even bothered to send me anything all!!! I mean FFS they get literally millions to spend on staff/offices/post/printing and yet I've got 2 shitty 1p leaflets.

NO public meetings, virtually nothing in the local papers. I really enjoy politics (wierd I know!) I watch QT, enjoy Newsnight this week, and am hopelessly addicted to HPC, yet not only have I got absolutly NO IDEA who my MEP is, I don't even know what party they're in!!! (I know I could look this up and be a bit more proactive) none of my mates have got any idea either. Most people I speak to havent got the faintest idea what we're supposed to be voting for.

Thats down to our SH1TE meedja I suppose.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

I too sensed that UKIP were set up - I know farage is a prat but week in week out most of the things he was saying about controlled immigration etc would have been widely supported - not booed before he even said anything

Why didn't Dumblybee get to the nub of any issues? It all drifted along without going anywhere.

Which brings me to the main point I wanted to make; why was there virtually nothing about what these parties ACTUALLY PROPOSE TO DO about any issue of any note?? Its not as if they wasted ages going on about expenses / corruption - they skirted round it.

Even when a couple of people in the audience begged to get onto actual issues STILL nothing interesting was said about who HAS DONE what in Europe and more to the point WHAT ANY OF THEM WOULD DO in Europe.

Am I going mad - have I missed something??! I've got a couple of crappy propaganda leaflets which told me practically nothing - I mean who doesn't want their MEP to work 'tirlessly for' safer streets / clean enviroment / better transport etc etc OBVIOUSLY I want that, but nobody seems to be able to explain how their ideas are better than the other parties, what new proposals they have and why they think they'll be more sucsessful - just pointless guff and platitudes. and thats the two that even bothered to send me anything all!!! I mean FFS they get literally millions to spend on staff/offices/post/printing and yet I've got 2 shitty 1p leaflets.

NO public meetings, virtually nothing in the local papers. I really enjoy politics (wierd I know!) I watch QT, enjoy Newsnight this week, and am hopelessly addicted to HPC, yet not only have I got absolutly NO IDEA who my MEP is, I don't even know what party they're in!!! (I know I could look this up and be a bit more proactive) none of my mates have got any idea either. Most people I speak to havent got the faintest idea what we're supposed to be voting for.

Thats down to our SH1TE meedja I suppose.

Great post sir.

HOLA446
She got a bit snappy then when heckled by a man in the audience:

"I AM answering the question".

I don't think I've ever seen a panellist on QT look quite so flustered.

Have to disagree. I've never seen someone so cocksure and arrogant and dismissive and gobby and full of herself and totally without shame and totally confident. This is what NuLabour women are like. Haven't you noticed? Blears, Smith, Harman, Flint. Peas in a pod. Loathsome, sycophantic and nasty little creatures. They inhabit a different world. They cannot be wrong. You cannot embarrass them. Elected to serve. Born to rule, but silly little intellectual pygmies that Gordon Brown likes to surround himself with. No threat, see.

HOLA447

Exactly. Some in the audience really emphasised those points. They were totally ignored.

Perhaps the panel themselves aren't interested in knowing answers to those questions as they just want the £hundreds of thousands of wages and expenses totalling £millions given as bribes to each MEP as well as MPs. They think they can just waffle themselves to riches beyond avarice.

Democracy? Doesn't seem much like it.

Edited by billybong

HOLA448
I dunno, give me half an hour to polish the rest the Merlot off and I'll watch QT back on iPlayer and see if it makes a difference.

Flint is dim, an affront to womanhood. I know so many bright, capable women...none of them are involved in politics - its all dross like Julie Kirkbride and Caroline Flint. Excluding the late, great Mo Mowlam, but she was of another era.

?, you are way out of step with the other members of this forum.

In what way? I don't remember seeing a Caroline Flint fanclub here on HPC. Granted, she might appeal to MILF fanciers, even though she's 48 (or was it 58?), but perhaps you could take the time to justify your assertion that mancghirl is "way out of step etc."

Have you got the hots for Miss "Now-you-see-it-now-you-don't-oh-******-it's-on-you-tube-already" ?

Well - have you?

Edited by johnny5thumbs

HOLA449
Have to disagree. I've never seen someone so cocksure and arrogant and dismissive and gobby and full of herself and totally without shame and totally confident. This is what NuLabour women are like. Haven't you noticed? Blears, Smith, Harman, Flint. Peas in a pod. Loathsome, sycophantic and nasty little creatures. They inhabit a different world. They cannot be wrong. You cannot embarrass them. Elected to serve. Born to rule, but silly little intellectual pygmies that Gordon Brown likes to surround himself with. No threat, see.

Wimmin, eh, can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em :rolleyes:

HOLA4410
In what way? I don't remember seeing a Caroline Flint fanclub here on HPC. Granted, she might appeal to MILF fanciers, even though she's 48 (or was it 58?), but perhaps you could take the time to justify your assertion that mancghirl is "way out of step etc."

Have you got the hots for Miss "Now-you-see-it-now-you-don't-oh-******-it's-on-you-tube-already" ?

Well - have you?

Wow - first time I've ever been censored. Gosh !

HOLA4411
Wow - first time I've ever been censored. Gosh !

Have you got the hots for Miss "Now-you-see-it-now-you-don't-oh-********-it's-on-you-tube-already" ?

Well - have you?

Fixed. ;)

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
Next week's QT is likely to be more interesting as it will be coming from Croydon.

I predict that each week's edition will become less and lesss seminal the further it moves away in time from the duck island revelations. Until the point when Guido Fawkes reveals that Gordon B. has been secretly editing The Daily Mash and not declaring the income to HMCR. (Or is it HMRC - I could never remember, until I once typed in HMCR and still ended up in the right place ... do try it some time if you're truly truly bored with living ... )

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Did i hear that right ? As a result of european union...

"I was shocked to discover that the taxpayers, ummhh, people [the word your looking for luv is money] is being used to subsidise bullfighting in spain !!"

Or words to that effect......there speaks harriet harmans court of public opinion. is it any wonder no-one gives a shit about the european election when most of the arguments for why we should care are utter ******.

I must say, i was confounded by some of the stupidity on the panel and in the audience tonight.

Also, it's interesting isn't it that labour didn't have the same problems getting out of implementing the EU working

directive but brussels still manages to impose on us laws about putting 12-year olds in child car seats or whatever.

As if nulabour aren't capable of thinking up that kind of nanny state laws on it's own given half the chance.

HOLA4420
Guest BAREBEAR_soon to be ALIVA

Heres a thought whoever was defending us being in europe said that europe would be far better placed to compete with the likes of China than individual countries. Why ?

I just dont get that, I thought protectionism was supposed to be bad and now instead of the Uk being protectionist we are just part of a bigger group that is.

40 million a day

75% of our laws made in Brussels.

Troughing MP's

No one knows what the fu ck their voting for.

Uncontrolled imigration from east europe.

Some laws we abide by some we dont.

Is it worth it ?

HOLA4421
I've only had 1 leaflet from any political party relating to the Euro elections and that is from the SNP. Apparently, Labour are struggling to get activists to deliver leaflets/knock on doors.

We've had bucket fulls ..... sent via post not delivered though...

HOLA4422
Heres a thought whoever was defending us being in europe said that europe would be far better placed to compete with the likes of China than individual countries. Why ?

I just dont get that, I thought protectionism was supposed to be bad and now instead of the Uk being protectionist we are just part of a bigger group that is.

40 million a day

75% of our laws made in Brussels.

Troughing MP's

No one knows what the fu ck their voting for.

Uncontrolled imigration from east europe.

Some laws we abide by some we dont.

Is it worth it ?

it is if your on the gravy train

and that train includes

MEP's

Big Business

Lawyers

Administrators

world improvers

egomaniacs

centralists

etc........

tis a complete waste of money

are they saying we cant trade with Europe unless we are part of this sham

amazing how we did so well in the industrial revolution

HOLA4423

Well - have you?

I think if you look again DWS was refering to mancgirl taking half an hour to polish off half a bottle of wine.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Got to me when Flint said you wouldn't have this and that without the EU, trying to think up some vaguely positive regulations, which is a totally specious argument anyway, would our own mps have been able to introduce pretty much anything they liked themselves along similar lines, or are they really that incapable?