House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Noodle

How Much In The Uk

Guest มร หล&#3

Went to local shop tonight, which is about 20% more expensive than my usual Makro trip.

1 x Pack of L&M Red 20 cigs

2 x 680ml bottles of good beer

1 x 60g packet of crisps

Total 140 Baht (about £2.54)

How much in your local convenience store?

Went to local shop tonight, which is about 20% more expensive than my usual Makro trip.

1 x 60g packet of crisps

£7.50 and no nice women to chase like in your neck of the woods.

I don't smoke, but would guess £5.50 for 20.

Those are large bottles of beer. We can get 330ml, 500ml or 568ml. Can get a passable 500ml bottle of beer from Aldi for £1.29. Most supermarkets are doing the bottled beer for £1.59.

Crisps would be £0.79 ish depending on who makes them. Can get 4 43g packs of Pringles for 99p in the (not so local) 99p store in Basildon!

1 x 60g packet of crisps

lol

cigs, er, £6/pack?

Beer? £1/bottle

crisps, lol 50p

£8.50?

omg, that makes you a winner!!!

However, i dont smoke, drink or eat polyunsaturated salty things so........

im surprised you dont grow your own tobacco and brew your own beer?.... you seem like the kind of guy that would.

how much is grass out there? do a price check on that, maybe you can send a kilo to us here and we can all chip in, not that i smoke dope or anything, just saying, you could become a drug dealer. just saying is all. or grow your own LSD

1 x 60g packet of crisps

Re: 1 x Pack of L&M Red 20 cigs

about £6

Re: 2 x 680ml bottles of good beer

About £2.00

Re: 1 x 60g packet of crisps

About £0.80

So about £8.80 in total.

Notice however its the tax on the ciggies that makes up £4.40 out of that £8.80.

Guest มร หล&#3

Thanks chaps!

I only ask because most farang are complaining it's expensive. Idiots.

"Oh the price of cigs has gone from £1 to £1.20, it's only £5.50 in the UK, which ways the airport?"

Guest มร หล&#3
£7.50 and no nice women to chase like in your neck of the woods.

Trust me barrabus, there are no nice women to chase here.

There are plentiful and cheap, unbelievably cheap garden centres mind you!

1 x 60g packet of crisps

don't smoke.... but in bulk from aldi.... 2 good beers is about £1.50 (cobra but probably smaller bottles), crisps about 25p... IMHO cigs alot more due to tax...

Guest มร หล&#3
680ml bottles of beer are not a pound, unless you drink p1ss. Nearer £2 each.....

I had a feeling they were more than a gold button.

So,

Cigs - £5.50

Beer - £4

Crisps - £0.80

£10.30! Ten pounds and thirty pence!

Thanks.

I had a feeling they were more than a gold button.

So,

Cigs - £5.50

Beer - £4

Crisps - £0.80

£10.30! Ten pounds and thirty pence!

Thanks.

how much is a course of cancer treatment in Thailand ? Or how much do you get if your spouse dies and you need housing ?

Guest มร หล&#3
how much is a course of cancer treatment in Thailand ? Or how much do you get if your spouse dies and you need housing ?

Fully comp health insurance is around 15,000 for me (£280). Housing is built and I'm quite safe.

Of course, you have to compare local incomes, which are drastically lower. It's okay if you have a big job here or a job in the West.

You are much better off in the West really. A DVD player still costs say 900 Baht here for a basic one, same price as UK. But wages are at least 20 times lower.

I asked because expats are whinging about costs of living. Which is nonsense.

Fully comp health insurance is around 15,000 for me (£280). Housing is built and I'm quite safe.

Of course, you have to compare local incomes, which are drastically lower. It's okay if you have a big job here or a job in the West.

You are much better off in the West really. A DVD player still costs say 900 Baht here for a basic one, same price as UK. But wages are at least 20 times lower.

I asked because expats are whinging about costs of living. Which is nonsense.

obviously if their wages are a pittance they are entitled to moan about rising prices. comparison with uk prices is meaningless.

Guest มร หล&#3
obviously if their wages are a pittance they are entitled to moan about rising prices. comparison with uk prices is meaningless.

See posts above. Expats, meaning people with money, usually wealthy retired.

Many things here are starting to fall in price a wee bit. Cigs and beer went up a week ago because of increased duty.

Guest มร หล&#3
What's the median wage in each country, then you could work it out.

Median out here is likely £300 a month maybe £400.

Well, that was during boom times, loads unemployed now. Everyone back to the family farm with iPods and flat screen TV's. Bizarro!

1 x 60g packet of crisps

Total 140 Baht (about �2.54)

Local con store or supermarket, it's rip off Britain. The Mail reported today that food prices have risen 8% in the last year while most of Europe prices are either flat or falling. Government, Councils, Bankers, Utilities, etc. They are all grabbing what ever thy can, plundering the wealth of the Country for all thy are worth and we are picking up the bill. Why are we not out on the streets protesting???