House Price Crash Forum

End Of Falling Rents?

HOLA441
Bro I got to ask the question did you not think about moving somewhere smaller/cheaper? And were you really earning £850 a month? Was it working part time?

no, i didn't want to live near idiots. i was in a call center. Fortunatly the rent has not changed in 10 years, but still, nor has my life. id li=ove to move right now, now the nearest equivelent costs £1400+ and thats without a drive. I could get things for about £700.

My point is that i paid through the nose to live someplace free from idiots, however, the idiots found me and im now surrounded by idiots. I am an idiot magnet. i cant afford detached property on an acre of land.

however, as a last ditch effort i could move to the outer hebrides i guess.

this country sucks.

HOLA442

LTM is just a trolling kid.

I don't think he really owns any BTLs. He just plagues the rental boards with all these stupid suggestions and half-arsed theories, which always make out owning property to be great, and renting to be route for suckers.

He's an idiot, and if he did buy some flats in Didsbury then he's probably going to have to face major rent reductions to stand a hope of letting them.

Anecdotally, I've just secured a rental on a lovely little 3-bed house in London Zone 6 for the same price I got my current 1-bed flat for 18 months ago. Rents are definitely coming down.

HOLA443
Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
And what happens if my nan grows a pair of ********?

This is a very pertinent point.

HOLA444
HOLA445
yes, rents are expensive.

this is a sad sign of how far we've fallen.

rent should not be 50% of your wage.

When i first moved here my rent was £625 and my wage was £850. Thats like 80% or something stupid.

Rents should be AFFORDABLE.

I know a lot of people on here have a vested interest one way or the other, but the fact is as a country we need flexible rents just as we need flexible wages if we are to compete.

Workers are going to have to accept that their wage packets might have to fall. Landlords have to accept that rents will have to fall a lot. We can't compete on the global stage if we make the cost of living here too high.

Come on landlords! Lets see a bit of patriotism from you. Cut your rents now before the market forces you to, and do it with a smile on your faces.

HOLA446
If rents start to rise how will it effect people with large STR funds?

I know in the past people used the interest from the funds to pay the rent. With interest rates so low will they now have to start eating into the fund?

Not really my friend because we don't believe in one property ramping headline on a stazi government channel.

In my case the house I am renting s worth even now about £750k and I am paying £1900 a month locked in for a year so who is eating whose fund? by the way as has been pointed out there are plenty of ways to earn more than the derisory savings rates:

You can get 5% with some mainstream lenders

Dabble - I have done well in gold

Lend it back to your own business

Shares carefully picked etc.....

So answer to your question - No in fact the complete opposite

Edit forgot to say last tenant paid £2650 per month

Edited by Greg Bowman

HOLA447
LTM is just a trolling kid.

I don't think he really owns any BTLs. He just plagues the rental boards with all these stupid suggestions and half-arsed theories, which always make out owning property to be great, and renting to be route for suckers.

He's an idiot, and if he did buy some flats in Didsbury then he's probably going to have to face major rent reductions to stand a hope of letting them.

Anecdotally, I've just secured a rental on a lovely little 3-bed house in London Zone 6 for the same price I got my current 1-bed flat for 18 months ago. Rents are definitely coming down.

Yeah the reality is there are big discounts to be had, but mostly only if you are prepared to move and offer on new places. I got a small reduction on my Z2 2 bed but I have no interest in moving as it's pretty much the perfect flat.

HOLA448
Yeah the reality is there are big discounts to be had, but mostly only if you are prepared to move and offer on new places. I got a small reduction on my Z2 2 bed but I have no interest in moving as it's pretty much the perfect flat.

Yeah, it helped that I had no intention to stay in my current place any more. The flat itself is okay, a bit too small for us now though. However, it's the guy who lives in the flat upstairs that is the main reason i'm moving. A ******ing arrogant, 'disabled' (as in there's nothing visibly wrong with him), tw@ with an inflated sense of entitlement.

Still, can't wait to move to the new place. Lovely little village in Kent, near the woods and a nice country park. Golf Course just a short walk away. Ahhhhh.....

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Not really my friend because we don't believe in one property ramping headline on a stazi government channel.

In my case the house I am renting s worth even now about £750k and I am paying £1900 a month locked in for a year so who is eating whose fund? by the way as has been pointed out there are plenty of ways to earn more than the derisory savings rates:

You can get 5% with some mainstream lenders

Dabble - I have done well in gold

Lend it back to your own business

Shares carefully picked etc.....

So answer to your question - No in fact the complete opposite

Edit forgot to say last tenant paid £2650 per month

Could you give me a link to where I can get 5% with some mainstream lenders?

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
Guest X-QUORK
And what happens if my nan grows a pair of ********?

I've got an old Army mate into niche stuff, I'll PM you his email.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

I reckon landlords who have been pushing rent rises yearly are probably quite rightly getting pushed back now.. personally I have seen no change but I have about £6000 per month coming in rent and haven't put prices up for five years mostly, and for the most part have the same tenants... I reckon if you don't get greedy pushing the rents up then you end up hanging onto to good tenants for longer which when you think about the costs of void periods and finding new tenants and redec costs etc etc... makes it in my view sheer madness to push rents.. get a good long term tentnat and charge 10% below what you could get if you pushed it and you'll do much better longer term.

HOLA4418

Rents in Edinburgh are falling big style. Supply has risen about 100% in less than a year. And all this whilst sale prices have also dropped about 15-20%.

Amazing for a place immune to all this mess.