House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dave Spart

Mps Expenses : Diversionary Tactic

As disgraceful many of these MPs may be, their financial schenanigans are a drop in the ocean compared to the bankers.

Has the banking elite been secretly monitoring - even encouraging - MPs dishonesty saving up the instances of fraud to spare themselves from further public anger?

"Give me control of a nations money supply and I care not who makes the rules."

Mayer Amschel Rothschild

Edited by Dave Spart

I dunno. When the bankers were getting grilled by the Treasury Select Committee, and everyone was going on about Sir Fred, then the theory was that the bankers were being highlighted to save the politicians the blame.

Tin foil hatters can't have it both ways.

Besides, the bankers and politicians who make up the plutocracy are interchangeable. Gordon Brown frequently chose bankers to head Government projects, and retired senior politicians frequently end up on the boards of banks.

To suggest that there is some kind of divide between the politicians and the bankers seems to be missing the point imho - they are two sides of the same coin.

As disgraceful many of these MPs may be, their financial schenanigans are a drop in the ocean compared to the bankers.

Has the banking elite been secretly monitoring - even encouraging - MPs dishonesty saving up the instances of fraud to spare themselves from further public anger?

"Give me control of a nations money supply and I care not who makes the rules."

Mayer Amschel Rothschild

Do ne bee daft - MP don't act as scapegoats for no one. They are all hands to the till - every last one of em.

I doubt theres any connection. I think there was just an appetite to finally expose "them" - i.e. those remote powerful elites that have a direct influence over our lives.

The "them" (bankers, MP' etc.) have been shown to be contemptible across the board. Its interesting that such a high proportion of them are so corrupt, especially the MPs.

Maybe being corruptible is what got them into those positions of power in the first place?

Edited by Quagmire

I doubt theres any connection. I think there was just an appetite to finally expose "them" - i.e. those remote powerful elites that have a direct influence over our lives.

The "them" (bankers, MP' etc.) have been shown to be contemptible across the board. Its interesting that such a high proportion of them are so corrupt, especially the MPs.

Maybe being corruptible is what got them into those positions of power in the first place?

Awwwwwwww riiiight !

Funny, the public are now after Mp`s blood, now the HPI gravy train has been derailed.

I`m no fan of Mp`s who used the system (that they created), but neither am I of the sheeple who voted for them (and then revelled in the system that they created).

Gigiddy !

One things for sure there's been little or no debate in the media on the euro election (and the local elections) that people are being asked to soon vote on.

The expenses scandal has entirely smoke-screened the election.

I guess they just want people to go out and vote and indeed go out and vote for the usual culprits apparently legitimising the euro election and so far as the euro election is concerned more or less without really knowing much about what they're voting for.

Mind you no referendums allowed.

Guest sillybear2

People were saying the opposite only a few weeks back, that Goodwin was a smokescreen for govt largess :-

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...t&p=1787195

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...t&p=1787146

"now we must focus our attention on the scumbags that bailed him out, and their reasons for doing so. "

"The spill over from Goodwin has been the on going MP's expenses saga, none of the elite dare criticize each other without fearing some blow back because they all know they have their snouts in the trough, Goodwin is simply the figurehead of a whole pyramid of sleaze and corruption. I'm thankful for the damage he doing to the entire edifice of public life, long may this corrosive atmosphere continue."

Poetic justice, it was good to see Harman get down from her high horse recently, I wonder if she's still keen on her "court of public opinion"? In fact whilst Harriet Harman was busy taking the lead trashing Goodwin she was also forcing through the following attempted cover up of MP's expenses :-

In January 2009, the Leader of the House of Commons, Harriet Harman, tabled a motion which would exempt MPs' expenses from being disclosed under a Freedom of Information request, in order to prevent any further disclosure of information. Labour MPs were placed under a three line whip in order to force the motion through the Commons. However, opposition parties stated they would vote against the proposals, and large scale public opposition emerged.

Edited by sillybear2

+700 to that OP. The level of outrage is an order of magnitude larger over the expenses. They're all busy trying to punish the kid nicking the sweets (and aren't even even going to manage that) while the kid's dad is walking off with the entire till.

Guest sillybear2
+700 to that OP. The level of outrage is an order of magnitude larger over the expenses. They're all busy trying to punish the kid nicking the sweets (and aren't even even going to manage that) while the kid's dad is walking off with the entire till.

True, but it's not about the money, not really, it's about the total disregard public officials have for tax payers hard earned money. The public are held in disdain, at the same time Labour MP's were voting to abolish the 10p tax and punish some of the poorest people in the country they were helping themselves and their banker friends and cheering each other on.

No wonder they gave the banksters everything they wanted, thus landing the state with liabilities in excess of annual GDP and selling the next generation into penury. Politicians have a complete disregard for public funds on all levels, the sort of man who steals £8k for a plasma screen is the sort of person that has no compunction in pushing government debt to over 100% of GDP.

A fish goes rotten from the head, hence the endemic greed and fraud seen in Parliament and from their chums over in the City. It amounts to a conspiracy against the people. They are essentially at war against you, a colony of parasites know nothing else.

I notice the Beeb is getting slightly twitchy on the subject, they fear people will soon want to know how the BBC manages to spend £3.5 billion each year.

Edited by sillybear2

But what has caused the sea-change in opinion, I wonder. It's wasn't so long ago that printing a mountain of debt to help our banking chums was the most popular thing Brown ever did. I guess people with houses liked not having to work for a living, since so many people were priced out. Once the bricks-and-mortar cash machine breaks down they start to worry where the money is going to come from.

these elites have no sense of value.

they DO have a strong sense of "entitlement". this is the problem with these people, including many PS workers, the BEEB, the bankers and Government.

the question is no longer asked as to what value the contribution they are making to the organisation and the suitable remuneration, no they see they are in charge of x hundred, responsible therefore, and they are entitled to high pay. this attitude is 100% prevalent and is a good sign that money is being wasted wholesale.

the BUST is supposed to clear this sort of waste out, they know this, they are fighting it tooth and nail.

the result is that thousands of non jobs, yet highly paid, are preserved, but also that thousands of productive jobs are lost as the high cost of maintaining hte organisations drain everything else.

You hear the argument all the time " we HAVE to pay top dollar or the talent will leave. Well, MArket says let them leave, someone else will want the job and will do it for less. If anyone disagrees with this, then just look at the way tradesmens jobs were undercut by Europeans....the same would happen in exec posts if allowed.

And dont get me started on the BBC....jonathon Woss....talented...worth paying Millions for? give me a break.